OS X >>>>>>>>>>>>>> macOS

OS X >>>>>>>>>>>>>> macOS

Attached: osx14desktop.png (800x600, 282K)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/w/1541421055407.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

that npc logo

What's the difference? It is just a renamed OS.

>npc
>smiling
No. If you want that have it, you will have edit out that smile.

Mac OS can either refer to later OS X or classic Mac OS. Either way OP is right.

OSX is mac OS 10
the tenth version of mac OS.
mac OS is a term used for any version of mac OS, OS X is specifically the tenth version.

"no"

Attached: mac8boi.png (1024x768, 1M)

>OS X >>>>>>>>>>>>>> macOS
True, but Tiger in OP's pic was crap.
10.6 was the best overall but my favorite was 10.3.

macOS is free so Apple doesn't try very hard and it shows. It's all crap but you get what you pay for.

System 6 was peak Classic.
>my favorite was 10.3
Why? Was it the lack of brushed metal?

Attached: glider-mac.gif (513x324, 6K)

Incorrect. Mac OS is the name of versions before version 10, Mac OS X is the naming of the versions from 10.0 to 10.12, and macOS is the naming of versions after 10.12. Mac OS is not macOS.

Panther still had a lot of brushed metal window stylings.

Talk about autism.

>Mac OS is not macOS
Unless you're using Nim.

I run leopard on my PowerPC Macs. If you’re ok with using a lot of proprietary abandonware, it’s quite functional. I’ve yet to find a GNU/Linux distro that runs well on PowerPC. OpenBSD isn’t all that bad, but there are very few packages available.

What about plain old Debian Stable? I had few problems with it in the late 2000s.

...and they say "GNU/Linux" is retarded. at least it's the same name for every release

>2011 17" MBP
>immediately downgrade it to 10.6.8 via hacked-up 10.6.7 from TPB
>enjoy Rosetta PPC emulation
I'm still sore that I had to upgrade from 10.6.8 to 10.9 because Minecraft 1.6 was abusing Open GL and locking up the GPU.

>17"
why

because big fucking screen

gib pape

i.4cdn.org/w/1541421055407.jpg

Attached: npcos.png (1177x1024, 42K)

>Why?
It's completely subjective. 10.0 was obviously very rough but each new version brought significant optimization and feature improvements culminating in 10.3 which was actually quite usable, Mac OS levels of usability with unix power underneath. The phrase up until Panther was "faster than its predecessor on the same hardware."

I think Tiger was released prematurely to beat Vista's release. It was slow and buggy. It was the version where Apple started taking away features. Leopard was also buggy and they finally got back to usable with Snow Leopard. Lion and later are garbage.

So 10.6 was probably better in the end but 10.3 was more exciting for its time hinting at a future of possibilities that never came to pass.

That's Classic.

>Mac OS levels of usability with unix power underneath

Attached: apple unix ad.jpg (1976x1202, 401K)

10.6 was top notch.
It then kept going downhill until 10.9, which was a good release, almost as good as 10.6 was.
Then Apple started to make their operating systems look like toys and perform terribly.

macOS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> FIsherPriceOS X

why is a user friendly unix like operating system a bad thing?

macOS is user friendly AND looks good, OS X lacks the looks good part

Its from an older generation, back off the dotcom bubble, when people were starting to emerge onto the internet, when you compare it to ME/2000/XP it was much more pleasing on the eye.

But I agree, it looks dated as fuck now.

I unironically love OS X's skeuomorphic design. Nowadays everybody wants to make crappy pseudo-minimalistic GUIs and icons...

Attached: 1536165898796.jpg (480x640, 63K)

Snow Leopard was peak OS X, before all the iOS integration.
Safari was what made me update my 17" to 10.8. A shame too because Rosetta was so nice.

>Safari was what made me update my 17" to 10.8. A shame too because Rosetta was so nice.
I have a older C2D 17" MPB with 10.6 and an RPC1 hacked optical drive that I can use when I need to get old stuff working.

this.

Hello, Eli.