Why are normies obsessed with UI? Name a single thing wrong with pic related

Attached: wgetgui.png (651x497, 18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k7p0am7nEHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

its 2018 has to look better
transparency, nice live colors where is it user ?

Those tabs should be more square. This would look amazing on my windows 10 in contrast mode.

It's kind of blah. That's all that's wrong with it.

> Continue file download

capitalized

> add HTML suffix

uncapitalized

it's boring grey mush for boring tits

Attached: preview-1-8849.jpg (1680x1050, 1.02M)

Everything is wrong with it. It'd be easier to list what isn't wrong. Classic feature creep UI

By better UI they probably mean less for them to read because their little brains cba to put in as much effort as to decide on more than one tickbox

Its perfect, its what an UI should look like, windows 8 and 10 not having a classic windows theme is a disgrace

holy shit, that skin takes you right back to 2003

its not a CLI.

This doesn't bother you?

Attached: wgetgui.png (151x72, 2K)

Attached: dat ui ottawa-carleton real estate board.gif (278x290, 7K)

Why are normies obsessed with UI? Name a single thing wrong with something like this

Attached: jeffbonhag2.gif (1208x352, 143K)

where are the keyboard shortcuts
how to tell trash ui from gook one: trash doesnt let you use it without a mouse

that's sexy!

>wGetGUI
top fucking kek WHAT IS THIS

Normalfags can't tell the difference between UI and UX. They think if an application looks good it won't bring them immense suffering. They are often wrong.

Why the fuck would you need a GUI for wget? You geeky faggot.

If you don't want to be clicking around you may as well just open a terminal emulator

1983 called, it wants its UI back.

everybox doesnt have a new advertisement. theyre giving too much information for you to do thats how they make stuff nowadays. dumbb

Yeah, who cares about what users think, it's not like I'm gonna sell them the software or anything

>dem colors
Bruh you must be daltonian

Literally nothing, my KDE is themed like this and it’s fucking beautiful.

RIP Logitech mouse owner.

>all those gnomelooks themes from 2005 that don't work anymore because MATE upgraded to GTK3
IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIRRRRR

Attached: fucking clown.gif (192x240, 78K)

my god, where did you get this theme? it's very early 2000ish

>No consistency with case
> Button to the left of 'Start the grabbing!' is unclear as to its function - bad UI design
> Bullshit information in window title

get on this level boi once you sdr there's no coming back

Attached: MULTIPSK_1.png (672x519, 34K)

you do realize that is a user interface right? you are talking about aesthetics and not UI.

The only thing I don't particularly like about that UI is the lack of context. As long as there is an ability to hover over each option with a brief description about what it does popping up, I'm fine with it. Esoteric for esoteric's sake is bullshit. As far as actual aesthetics go, I much prefer OP's image to any shitty metro ui garbage made today. Modern UI looks like it's made for literal pantsshitting toddlers.

GUI for Wget that's what's wrong.

Pic related is fine
The problem with GUI today is low information density and abhorrent design choice because they want to have the cool "flat design"
God I fucking hate flat design

wget --help

How am I supposed to make head and tail of all of those buttons and menus.

>Deutshe Hilfe
As a true aryan this triggers me to no end.

Probably written in VB6 too.

looks like a poor imitation of Bulk Rename Utility

Attached: BulkRenUtil.png (925x702, 97K)

youtube.com/watch?v=k7p0am7nEHU

autism triggered

>VB
Veneral Bisease. Absolutely degerate and haram

>that odd half-rounded corner tab design
Rest of it is perfect.

Attached: 1540769249928.jpg (499x560, 67K)

How come there's so much info about GUI design but so little about info about GUI implementation?

I unironically like GUIs like OP. man wget gives you hundreds of options and flags for running the program. Whats wrong with just presenting them all as checkboxes instead of scrolling up and down the man page to ensure you have everything you want?

fuck i love these. every cli command should by law have to come with one of these. you instantly grok the tool and become proficient with it, to the point you can easily switch to the cli.

It's a GUI. That's what's wrong.

I know a guy who refused to use prime95 because the website and program "looked old"

>tfw it's not even a scary load for a system compared to the average "modern" electron piece of shit "app"

That is wonderful, OP.

Awww winbaby wants us to critique his cancer GUI.

It's unsequential
It's poorly structured
It hides options
Because there's too many options
It needs discovery and "getting used to", instead of being a smart tool

This combination of grey background and black fonts is really shitty.
This font is pretty bad too. Legacy fonts like this can fuck right off, and let something more readable take place.
Sure, modern interfaces look like they're "just text" (Guess what, that's exactly what matters; it's no mistake). In comparison, this looks like a fucking mess of grey and chrome.

Note how CLI tools really "work" "well" when they have good defaults or good at adapting to the task at hand without needing extra input. Okay, maybe you remembered couple parameters that do something you really need, but you had to search for them in help or a man page. Still, an annoying amount of these "parameters" and "options" are really there because the program isn't smart enough. Definitely not smart enough to offer both function and clarity.

more like apt purge wget

It's not a command line program reading from and outputting to a plaintext file

>Wget
>gui
I would call this low quality bait but it seems to be working. Good job

A funny thing about the current tech world is that there has never been more UX designers, and yet all apps, web pages and software look and feel like shit

It's more 1994. That looks like the 16-bit Borland tab control to me.

And I thought Bulk File Renamer was wack.

It looks like shit user, there is your reason.

i fuckin told you in the other thread that your skin looks like shit

This design is unironically good by a simple reason, modern UI usually subdivide those options in categories, the problem is, if you dont know the program you dont know where the fuck is the option you need and have to brute force every tab, in this way everything is right there and I can quickly scan for what I want

Software must look like le epic racekar for Normies to even consider it

Attached: msi-afterburner-guru3d.png (725x497, 295K)

can it parse html tho?

Attached: 1532101321619.jpg (500x700, 215K)

>Why are normies obsessed with UI?
because normies are the ones who benefit the most out of a lean and well designed UI. they don't have the time or patience to wrestle a messy autistic interface. while it is true that autists are generally less bothered by atrocious UI, it's also a case of sour grapes since most FOSS devs are autistic to the point of being unable to design a good UI to save their lives.

npc's are shallow puddles. they can't just use a computer to get shit done. it has to represent more: the computer is an statement of their personality, interests & lifestyle.
>it's the current year for christ's sake

Shit code and shit UI!

Attached: assets.aspx.png (600x460, 117K)

good lord, what the actual fuck?

Just needs a few fucked up alignments fixing and its perfect.

>no - button
>just clicked one two many
>phone number starts with 9

>filename field
>can't browse for file

>he needs a gui for fucking wget

Leave

It draws it's own tabs instead of using the Win32 tab control, other than that it's fine.

>All it does is generating a wget command
>No button to copy command to clipboard

Disregarding the outdated looks, the author was pretty sensible in adding simple and advanced modes for the UI.
I have nothing to complain about it.

The author was just too lazy in this one. It's crap and I'm not talking about how it looks.

The problem in this one is not the amount of stuff but how it is laid out. The color scheme and random text sizes don't help either.

Lots of stuff but organized. The only thing I would wish for in this GUI is a simple mode for dumb stuff.

this is garbage.

Very nice.

It's made in visual basic 6?

>odd half-rounded corner tab design
IIRC it was OS/2 mimic.

Attached: file.png (620x465, 232K)

Nope, it was a custom control designed to look like Windows 3.1 and was not updated afterwards

This looks pretty neat.

I prefer CLI or a config file if the alternative if this.

Nothing beats SAPgui

Attached: SAP.png (1061x806, 137K)

I'd rather write a Perl script from scratch every time I need to do this. I can't look at that interface without getting a headache

i forced my normie client to use a CLI and teached him how to use cron, he did good

It was at the time of the BBS, there were 486 and the first Pentium...

Large state organization had a BBS-station for communication with clients, updating files, etc.

BBS was turned on 24/7, stood quietly in a corner, did its job, and there were no questions for it.

5 years have passed. They never turned off BBS, and in general they started to forget about this computer - there were enough worries and without it, since BBS was already out of fashion by that time. This computer was lost there in dust, empty boxes and 50 other computers in the server room. But it was still connected.

At the next change of power in the organization, they took new admins. These young enthusiasts found that the BBS telephone line is still working and still waiting for calls! But they could not find it in the server room the computer that serves it! Finally, among the mountains of empty bottles and spare parts, they dug out this unit, hooked up the monitor - and the whole department went nuts: this computer ran OS/2.

So, the BBS was serviced exactly on it... Young admins were shocked...

OS/2 reported that

1)It works on 10% of the remaining free space (90% bad block).

2)It listed services that no longer work, but if you insert a disk, it will be able to recover them

3)It reported that for normal operation, it has NOTHING to do anything, and it backed up the most important information, and asks to insert at least a floppy in order to drop data there...

Everyone who understood what they were talking about was surprised for several days. But that is not all. What to do with this computer - no one has thought up. You can neither sell it, nor take it out of there..

The server room was large - they made it a monument on the top shelf, the telephone line was freed, but they did not turn off the computer. They threw it out only after 1.5 years, when they saw the last message of OS/2: "shutting down...". It was like Terminator sinking in hot lava of time...

Attached: os_2_warp_tan_by_abrgomez_dts29l-pre.jpg (605x1320, 58K)

>he uses themes

Imagine being this much of a faggot.

*sniff*

saved

Bad UI, really ugly. Even terminal looks better

And this is the same shit but blue.. Cool

Better UI means better organised

Here's the thing u fuckin moran

shit like material design gives retards with no design skills the ability to make decent looking and well organized apps at the cost of making everything samey, like the "3 column" design of webpages that used to be popular

Garbage like this doesn't happen anymore

>material design
>well organized apps
/0

It's not rounded it's beveled you swine.

Attached: REPENTZOOMER.jpg (443x455, 96K)

Abstraction of visual concepts