Do people in Jow Forums have anxiety...

Do people in Jow Forums have anxiety? Everyone in my cs department who is competent at all has anxiety and I wonder if it's a byproduct of being technically-inclined

Attached: pape.jpg (3089x2048, 2.57M)

If only you knew how bad things really are.

no, you're just slightly smarter than the masses

I struggle a little myself. what's your experience? Im genuinely really curious

This is a noble truth

i had the kind that came from drugs but i overcame it and i'm grateful for the experience. all that time spent inside developed my interests and character.
>and programming/sysadmin/compsci generally

mankind just fucked its shit up

Attached: 29e.jpg (600x885, 35K)

So maybe anxiety isnt a byproduct of being technically inclined, but the other way around?

yep, anxiety has stopped me from making friends and is the reason i got into tech too.

i'd say so, more time spent isolated = more time spent finding an interest instead of
>playing frisbee and developing eq

You can fuck it up even more.

anxiety is a gift in programming moreso than any other part of my life, where it usually causes problems. it makes solving complex problems more rewarding in a sense, by challenging you to stay alert keep your thoughts from wandering into madness. but it also makes you short-sighted when it's allowed to overtake your critical thinking.

then again - "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God"

and keep*

>I wonder if it's a byproduct of being technically-inclined
Its product of living too long in moms basement, get out abd socialize with people and anxiety will dissapear

Turns out, that makes quite the difference, no?

Op here.
I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I've tried. I DJ parties all the time here, joined like 4 clubs, and I talk to everyone I pass by. Literally everyone at this school knows me and someone stops me to say hi every time i walk from one building to another. My anxiety is purely social. Whenever I'm just outside at all, i sweat like crazy and forget to breathe. I consistently think everyone's just nice to me to make me feel better and no one actually likes me. Lately it's been getting to me so i've just been staying home and it got me thinking.

isn't this more about the neurotic aspect to some personalities?

don't stay home it'll make it worse.

no

I have anxiety because of my weird retarded brain.

No but i am schizoid.

if you're talking about the verse, then yes it does speak to that, as well as to simple anxiety. although I would say that it's more deeply applicable to the larger issues that cause anxiety.

if you're talking about my experience, then I'd say you're right as well. maybe I'm wrong to assume that everyone with persistent anxiety also possesses a more-or-less persistent streak of neuroticism? we are using very broad terms here though.

I used to have really bad anxiety. I constantly felt like the world was going to end and it made me so blunted and raw all the time emotionally.

But I've eliminated alot of unneeded stressors from my life, ejected toxic peoe who were just parasites, made better coping habits and found some friends who accept and love me even though I make mistakes and do dumb things sometimes.

I still sometimes get these feelings of panic when they text me slightly differently or when i feel slighted. But I'm aware I'm being obnoxious and don't act on those feelings. At least try.

I wish I didn't immediately think of shooting myself in the head whenever someone I love or am close to is displeased with me. I hate that I have that impulse.

Anyway. Tech people that are involved in internet culture are often using the internet as a means of filling the voids in their life. And thus are anxious freaks

ye I suffer from severe depression + anxiety. most times I have job interview I feel gassy, nauseous, and get overly sweaty. sometimes until i excuse myself and forfeit. my last gf also left me because of my frequent panic attacks. at the time I didn't know I had generalized anxiety.

anyway, it sucks. I'm glad I work in software dev, tho, I think I'm underpaid in my current position.

recently I began reading David Burns' Feeling Good to apply cognitive therapy methods to my self. so far his advice really resonates with me, and I think I'm on the right path. I wish the best to all anons who struggle with this stuff.

I've had social anxiety my entire life but a couple years ago it evolved to GAD which made functioning borderline impossible. Going to college and work I always felt like a trembling in the back of my neck and like it was going to collapse. I got out of my shitty living situation which helped, but running and just not giving a shit (in a good way) has helped a lot, most things I do I can excel at but it's like I have to break past some liminal barrier which is a force of nervousness, trembling, panic, etc

only extremely alienated people can sit at a computer long enough to git gud.

add it to the pile of reasons the best female programmers are dudes

Attached: pkkd.jpg (318x500, 32K)

For me (and I think for some of us), having anxiety comes from my upbringing and it made me want to do things that are not in an all out spotlight. As a kid I didn't like to preform plays on stage but I did enjoy filming them behind a camera cause being on stage would give me more anxiety. It was already there before rolling into the job I have now. Tech is basically a comfortable workspace if you are anxious and you are not anxious as a result of being tech orientated.

It's the price of being high iq. Enjoy your stay.

Attached: 38a.jpg (863x752, 232K)

no, i dont give any fucks
they're just pussies

Attached: 1537657481608.jpg (603x324, 99K)