Professional developers what laptops do you use and why?

Professional developers what laptops do you use and why?

Attached: 30795af.jpg (400x400, 4K)

thinkpad 420 with my custom arch linux and tilling window manager with minimal packages
I use arch linux, if anyone wondering

▲ ▲

Can you tell me which distro do you use?

My x220 in the front in private and whatever my employer provided in the back. It changes every year and I can't be assed to remember what model it is. Constantly lags with both windows 10 and Ubuntu despite the i7 though, wouldn't recommend it

Attached: IMG_20181105_181304.jpg (4608x3456, 1.26M)

I use Arch Linux
it's very good and just works, very minimal, teaches a lot and you can rice it however you want
Arch Linux is better than gentoo, because you don't need to waste time to compile everything and it's not bloated garbage like uboooongoo

not sure if I mentioned in this post, but I use arch linux and this is only operating system I use, arch linux, that is

some thinkpad POS
why? because i have to, company laptop to plug into workstations and connect to my 8gb ram 2 core VM for developing
some fortune 500 are cheap as fuck

>▲
▲ ▲

Oh nice you use a Windows manager? What OS though

arch linux
if you're a hacker, you can use blackarch repositories to download your hacking tools
so arch linux is best OS, really

>Professional developers what laptops do you use and why?
>I use Arch, you can rice it
I don't thing you're qualified to post in this thread.

>using riced arch linux and thinkpad
>not qualified for anything
pick only one.

I use arch linux, btw

Dell XPS. Good performance, no issues with Linux. Don't look like a neckbeard in meetings.

T480 Thinkpad with Debian stable

T580

wrong place to ask, there are no professionals here

That's where you are wrong. I have a bachelor's degree in memetic studies and I am currently working on a PhD in shitposting. The title of my dissertation will be "Sociopolitical implications of Fortnite™® dance classes"

Speak for yourself Pajeet

epic

That's a Fujitsu Celsius H760. I also use one for work. Performance is ok but damn the keyboard is ass.

The whole thing is ass. The keyboard sucks, the screen sucks, the battery sucks. I just want last years Dell precision back...

thinkpad p51, because it's more than just a laptop. IT'S A MOBILE WORKSTATION.

was wondering if arch is ok? are you using it? if not what OS do you recommend?

some (back then) mid-range asus laptop from 2014, works well for my job

just go with debian-based.

I would definitely recommend arch. It is perfect distribution for any computer use.
Yes, I do use arch linux.

that's a weird way to spell arch, check your autocorrect phone buddy

thanks man, I will probably give it a go. Thanks user.

arch is a timesink distro, there's absolutely nothing you can't do on arch that you can do more easily and with more support on debian. the packages on the stable/testing release are stable enough so they literally never break and updated enough (no, you DON'T need the latest version of everything on your machine), it's a fucking paranoia.
while I have a job making 4k euros a month and not touching my debian install in over an year, you reinstall arch almost weekly just for the screenshots thread, I wonder what's better.

You're right. I hope you have it docked 95% of the time as I fortunately do.

jokes aside you are being as asinine as the retards we are making fun about needing to install the bleeding edge crap.
I've installed debian and arch on different machines about the same time and only reinstalled debian because I switched the ssd for a bigger one.

this is wrong
I use arch and haven't reinstalled it, or had to fix it in past 2 years. I use arch for 2 years now

I hardly ever used laptop for work. Right now i need a PC with ECC RAM and at least 3 LAN ports so laptop is not even an option.

XPS 15 from a couple of years ago, 6th gen i7 and GTX 960m.

It's pretty good but has some flaws: Thermal design mainly. The VRMs cause overheating, crammed in too tight, and it has aggressive throttling where it will lock the CPU to 8x multiplier and won't let up even after you get the temps down.

Battery ends up being about 4 hours of actual use with an IDE.

Screen is amazing though. Even better than the 27" QHD Dell monitor I have on my desk.

Slapped an apple sticker over the dell logo it so I can blend in at meetups :^)

Attached: Dell-XPS-15.jpg (1083x679, 40K)

if youre german why dont you buy a german laptop like schenker or wortmann

>Slapped an apple sticker over the dell logo it so I can blend in at meetups :^)

ok thats funny desu

If you had a job, you would install Arch, because there are plenty of packages that you can find in AUR that are not in Debian repos, there is no third party repo or deb does not exist at all, like VMWare Workstation.
I sure do love to manually install software and than perodically manually check for updates

iPad Pro doing ssh into my cloud or dev server

macbook pro.

Company provided macbook pro.

Same as this guy