>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING, START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: 1519244261566.jpg (1280x960, 183K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/fwFJq4
scan.co.uk/products/850w-nzxt-e-series-e850-fully-modular-80plus-gold-single-rail-70a-120mm-fan-cam-powered-digital-atx
pcpartpicker.com/product/CwgPxr/dell-s2417dg-238-165hz-monitor-s2417dg
pcpartpicker.com/list/Dm8TD2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I currently have an old Radeon HD 5450, and I'd like to do some basic hash cracking. It's too shitty and too old so it only has OpenCL 1.1 - so I can't use it with hashcat or JohnTheRipper.

If I'd just like something utterly basic to be able to utilize newer OpenCL (or possibly CUDA) on Linux what should I pick? The bus is PCI Express 2.1 x16.

I just want to run some benchmarks for code I'm writing, so it doesn't have to be fancy at all as I don't play games. Looking at anything below $100.

Attached: RAYDEOON - a rare metal-electric-type pokemon whose natural habitat is rusty dumpsters in outer Shen (800x600, 28K)

Are 2080tis out of stock!

that's probably more the cooler than the case. the 2700x is "okay" if you don't OC and don't care much about temps and noise. it's loud and gets fairly hot but people who are on a tight budget don't *have* to get an aftermarket cooler

>I just built a PC with a wraith prism cooler in a Define meshify C and holy shit is it loud. My old computer was in a Define R4 with a corsair H90 and it was really quiet. I was expecting a jump in noise, but not this constant jet engine revving.
>Has anyone else experienced this?
Maybe try waiting for an hour for things to settle better. The fan really shouldn't be that loud
They're made by coolermaster

Ok I can manage $800, what changes?

>Ok I can manage $800, what changes?
I'll try spoonfeed you a build cause I'm bored but I did tell you to use pcpartpicker.
Most people would ignore you.
Whilst I'm at it do you understand PC parts and what they do? Do you know anything about what's in the market?

What's a good price for a 1080ti?
I found one for $380 on my local Craigslist

When are AMD 7nm GPUS coming out and will they be any good?

"Soon"
And no
Raytracing is the future and here to stay

>I'll try spoonfeed you a build cause I'm bored but I did tell you to use pcpartpicker.
Thanks!
>Whilst I'm at it do you understand PC parts and what they do? Do you know anything about what's in the market?
No to both

I don't care about ray tracing, I just want 1080ti performance for cheap-er.

raytracing is inefficient and is just meant to make you buy more expensive gpu's

>falling for the goytracing meme

Attached: 1433487586045.png (658x768, 185K)

Do you have any PC parts for yourself? Like old HDD? Do you want an ssd?
pcpartpicker.com/list/fwFJq4
Here's some things I put together for you that'll keep you at high settings for minimum 4 years.
Though I haven't put a monitor or hdd
I think you should get an ssd though. They're pretty neat
I'd honestly advise you to spend a day doing alil YouTube research on the list before you purchase so you actually understand the list I've given you since if you understood better you'd actually know what you should spend more or less on.
Like right now I'm sure you don't even know what you want or need so with this build you might feel unsatisfied after purchase.
Like I said don't rush maybe take a day to know what your getting into

yes, they're all dead.

>What's a good price for a 1080ti?
>I found one for $380 on my local Craigslist
That's criminally low. Especially now that they're low in stock.
Secondhand right? Go for it but just hope its not for mining.
Like when you call him try trick him by saying "I heard your selling some cards"
Or maybe you'll be lucky and its some rich kid who's falling for the ray tracing marketing.
Its certainly worth a try

Why are B350 Gigabyte mobos so bad?
I've recently installed my newly bought Cl15 3200mhz G.Skill ram kit and I can only get a stable boot at 2933mhz. I'm relatively sure that it's a b-die kit (F4-3200C15D-16GTZSW) but it fucking sucks that I cun't run it at advertised speeds, and I'm not risking an overclock since the board is shit and gets too toasty even during normal use. I'm waiting for an r5 2600 to get delivered tomorrow and it fucking sucks that I won't be able to use it to its fullets potential. I guess I have to get another board then.
Thank you for reading my blog.

Attached: 1535370652982.jpg (599x636, 38K)

cheap motherboards are always shit

spend at as much as the cpu for low end, and at least 50% for high end

Some rx 560 from ebay

1080 for 450 euros, worth it?

The fuck are you talking about, memory controller is on the CPU

Thanks for the time and advice,
>spend a day doing alil YouTube research on the list
Yea I'll do that I'm in no rush, thanks again

only if it's new

>F4-3200C15D-16GTZSW
That's not guaranteed B-die, 3200 cl14 is. B350 aka 1st gen still has RAM limitations, even with B-die like 3200 cl14 3133 is common limit.

>gigabyte
Literally everyone bitching about ram compatibility bought a gigabyte. Lol

Yeah that's what I thought too. It's been a couple of days since I built it and every time I open a folder that has to generate thumbnails it goes to 100% and is very noticeable.

its new
I'm more wondering if I should get it right now, or wait for the "soon" to be realeased 7nm AMD gpus.

2nd hand yeah. I'll be the 2nd owner
The seller has had it since 2015. It's a rog strix
He dropped the price to 250 if I throw in a pair of sneakers that never released

>Yeah that's what I thought too. It's been a couple of days since I built it and every time I open a folder that has to generate thumbnails it goes to 100% and is very noticeable.
That doesn't sound right at all. I think I would have heard a problem with amds fans by now if there was a problem.
Maybe its a defective fan. Or maybe its sitting off kilter
Go for it dude. Don't miss out. Also whys he selling it?

The 1080ti didn't even come out untili may of 2016. Make sure this is legit dude.

What's funny is that I used it for a small 2200g build. The mobo was 115€ + 10€ or so for a bios flash, and the CPU itself was 99€.
I've used 8gb of Cl16 3200mhz ram (2x4) and it worked perfectly on the board (ran at cl16 3200mhz), even though that particular Ram kit wasn't on the QVL.
I don't want to argue with you but according to a B-Die finder tool ( https : //benzhaomin.github.io/bdiefinder/ ) and a Hardwareluxx list, the ram is supposed to be b-die, and I got a good deal on it. It was 20€ cheaper than the current retail price.
I'm hoping to be able to run it at Cl14 3200mhz with some tweaking on a new board that I bought.
I didn't expect to get a shit board for the price that I paid for it. I double checked every component to see if it's compatible.

Attached: 1537300345358.gif (250x233, 1.5M)

Hmm thanks, I'll reseat it tonight

2933MHz is the JEDEC memory standard, 3200 is OC so try that.

Strike that, early 2017

>I didn't expect to get a shit board for the price that I paid for it. I double checked every component to see if it's compatible.
Price doesn't matter. Atleast you now know to never get gigabyte. Though you can overclock it I'm sure. Just don't increase voltage and push the ram to its listed rating. It shouldn't effect anything. I'm sure there is something you can do to remedy this. Maybe another BIOS update

>the ram is supposed to be b-die
Yes, it CAN be B-die, but it's not exclusively B-die like 3200 cl14 Trident Z. Generally, Trident Z and Ripjaws is virtually the same shit and Ripjaws 3200 cl15 specifically states that it's not guaranteed B-die.
>F4-3200C15D-16GVR 2x8GB DDR4-3200 15-15-15-35 1.35V nein S1 / S2 auch andere Hynix/Samsung ICs möglich (4Gb/8Gb)
>also other Hynix/Samsung ICs possible (4Gb/8Gb)

>Hmm thanks, I'll reseat it tonight
Yeah. Also give the fan a good look. You might even see what might be wrong.

Recommend me a 1151 motherboard around 150 bucks.

Disgusting.

Hey all, what can i do to narrow down some problems ive been having with what i believe is related to my CPU?

Recently my games that are CPU intensive like Fallout 4 run like absolute garbage (where they ran perfectly fine on ultra before) and i even get stuttering while watching youtube videos now. I checked the task manager and it just says System idle process and System are using up the most CPU, but i get regular spikes to 99% system usage. I ran two different virus scans with webroot and malwarebytes and they didn't find anything. I am thinking of maybe reseating my cpu and reapplying thermal paste, but i did that only maybe a year or two ago so it shouldnt be bad yet right?

i have an i5 4690k, 16gb ddr3 ram and gtx 970 btw, running win 7

Asrock Z370 ITX

I can't do it on my shitty Gigabyte board, unfortunately.
F4-3200C15D-16GTZSW is my ram kit, not F4-3200C15D-16GVR. Both Hardwareluxx and the github B-die fider list it as being b-die.Is there a way for me to check for myself. Someting like CPU-Z but for DDR4 ram? Either way, do you think it's possible to get it to run at cl14 3200mhz with tightened subtimings using the Ryzen Ram calculator?

>2 ram slots
>1 pci-e
eeehhh

ordered a b450 mortar with a 2600, am i going to have to deal with some bios bullshit

Attached: kegstand kav.jpg (459x459, 51K)

>F4-3200C15D-16GTZSW is my ram kit, not F4-3200C15D-16GVR
Doesn't matter, IC is most likely the same.
>Both Hardwareluxx and the github B-die fider list it as being b-die
No matter how often you repeat this, it doesn't change reality. Your kit, just as the Ripjaws, can be B-die, but it's not guaranteed.
You should have spend more on a guaranteed B-die kit if you are this desperate for it.
>Is there a way for me to check for myself
Yeah there are some programs, search for them as I don't know the name. I think one was something something Typhoon or whatever. Or you do it the good old way and remove the heatspreader.
>do you think it's possible to get it to run at cl14 3200mhz with tightened subtimings
If you are on 1st gen mobo and CPU it's unlikely but you can try. My guess is you won't go past 3133 either way.

Maybe they skimp there for better vrm?
Reseating the CPU shouldn't be your problem. When you look at the process list you can change the thing to % to see what's taking up the most. You might find the culprit.
Have you checked if your temperatures are alright cause it could be thermal throttling.

>ordered a b450 mortar with a 2600, am i going to have to deal with some bios bullshit
Nope

how do i make my pc silent?

let it idle

passive cooling

>how do i make my pc silent?
Turn it off

Get an AMD radon HD7750, I got one of these bad bois used for 40 dollars and it's a killer card for how little power it uses

Attached: m73833234881_1.jpg (1200x1600, 246K)

>I think one was something something Typhoon or whatever
I found it. Thaiphoon Burner. Here's what it tells me. (pic related). I don't know much about DDR4 Ram but I'm really happy that the manufacturer is listed as Samsung and that the XMP profile is 1600 MHz / 15-15-15-35-50 / 1,35 V. Do you think it's possible to OC it to 3200mhz Cl14? Thanks a lot, user.

Attached: 1539114079812.gif (250x250, 988K)

Looking for a new psu preferably 700-850 watt and fuller modular, as my current 600 I believe is the cause of random usb failures.

was looking at nzxt 850 scan.co.uk/products/850w-nzxt-e-series-e850-fully-modular-80plus-gold-single-rail-70a-120mm-fan-cam-powered-digital-atx

but there are others cheaper and I'm not sure if its worth the extra 40 quid.

any suggestions?

>(pic related)

Attached: thank_you_anon.png (721x737, 65K)

Really depends on the model. I paid 400 burgers for a new EVGA two days ago and it's a great card.

Lucky you, it's B-die. Now use this Ryzen timing tool to calculate perfect timings and try if it works. Validate with some memory tool like MemTest Pro, 1000% to be sure, often errors occure very late and you want to have zero errors.
If 3200 with tightened timings produces errors try lowering the frequency to 3133 or 2933. I have 1600 on X470 with non B-die running at 2933 with tightened timings to give you an idea.

What do you need then?

>Really depends on the model
It's Inno3D GeForce GTX1080 iChill X3 8GB

bog standard 1151, 4 dim, 2-3 pci-e, 3-4 sata, with as little bloat ware as possible

Thanks, buddy. I got an r5 2600 on the way and I'll get a b450 mobo later this week. I hope it'll work well. Cheers!

Attached: steve.jpg (400x400, 28K)

What is the best 1080p 144hz monitor out right now? I have a vega 56 coming in the mail and I've already spent most of my budget on the rest of my computer. I plan on doing 1440p later on but will have settle until then.

>1440p later
>AMD
>1440p
>A M D
> 1 4 4 0 p
uh

t. leather jacket man

What's the best dedicated Freesync card right now?

I have much more hatred for AMDs lack of willingness to compete with intel/nvidia than love for the latter two. The pajeets basically left the whole 300+ dollar cpu and 400+ dollar GPU market to their old competitors leaving customers looking to build a 1440p rig for gaming with no alternatives than shelling out 1600 bucks for intel/nvidia hardware.

so for gaming, you should be shooting for nothing more than 1ms response time on a monitor, right?

Assuming the temperatures are low, is there any reason not to run VRM at a high switching frequency? (1000Mhz)

This changes things..
I did notice that the meet up spot was at a McD's in majority black neighborhood of town. I have a cc permit. Should I bring a friend or two along for extra security?

>The averagereaction timefor humans is 0.25 seconds to a visual stimulus, 0.17 for an audio stimulus, and 0.15 seconds for a touch stimulus.
Not even to mention no one can physically react faster than 100ms

Lol. Nigga meet at the mall.
Your 100% about to get jacked

I only ask because I've heard people saying you want a TN monitor for gaming because they can get down to 1ms, while the floor for IPS is 4 (I think).

I know AMD cpus are currently the way to go for the most part but how are they for game emulation?
I haven't put a computer together for a few years now and the last time I did intel destroyed AMD on that front due to single core performance

Well when you put it in that perspective it's a lose lose for me in any case. Pulling up to the mall would probably make me a future target because of the car I have

meet a police station

>I only ask because I've heard people saying you want a TN monitor for gaming because they can get down to 1ms, while the floor for IPS is 4 (I think).
5ms is pretty much standard now.
Only autistic cs:go players go for that along with $100 keyboard & $100 mouse in hopes of a 0.1% performance gain
It helps but its really a meme.
IPS panels are suppose to be the best colour wise though so get that
>I haven't put a computer together for a few years now and the last time I did intel destroyed AMD on that front due to single core performance
That's still pretty much the fact. Though the ps3 emu(rs3pc or whatever) has been implementing multicore support and its working quite well in some games.
The older emulators will do better with Intel but at the same time ryzens single core is on par with the older Intel's that used to be used on those emus so I think it won't matter much there. YouTube's got people that have been testing out ryzen so just check your emus with the YouTube benches
Lol don't be silly. Does the guy sound black? They won't hunt you down they just want a quick cash grab. You don't even know if the thing is working.
You should actually go to his place and pay via EFT.
Though that leaves you to getting a knife to your neck.
I don't know man just give him a call and cross reference the facts like asking him how is it a 2015 model when they weren't even produced then

>meet a police station
This do the trade inside

Is this a good build for a VR PC?
I have zero knowledge about building a PC and this was suggested to me.

Attached: Screenshot_20181105-132529_Chrome.jpg (1080x699, 224K)

>IPS panels are suppose to be the best colour wise though so get that
I'm considering IPS but I really might just get this thing since it's so much cheaper than an IPS and I don't have a problem with the picture quality on my current TN monitor.
pcpartpicker.com/product/CwgPxr/dell-s2417dg-238-165hz-monitor-s2417dg

you can run 1440p off of a 580 easily. 1080 tier performance is a huge meme.

You'll want a 1060 6gb minimum.
Maybe get the 580 8gb
The price is still fuck high but that's the price you pay for goysync.
Just one moment. I remember reading that the sync technology actually creates latency. It may be smoother but there is higher latency.
Like noticeable latency

Rate my cheap build pcpartpicker.com/list/Dm8TD2
My old Core i7 2630QM laptop just died and I want to replace it with a desktop, because I don't really use the portability. I would be using the laptop 750GB HDD for the time being, but I want to get a SSD eventually if they get cheap.

>easily
Then why are AMD cards always lagging behind when it comes to 1440p benchmarks with very few of them even getting close to 60fps and those that do only in 3-4 year old titles?

I ordered the same monitor, it's only like $30 more expensive than a freesync monitor. IPS is a meme anyways and it's more likely to come with shit like backlight bleeding

>I ordered the same monitor
have you received it yet, if so are you pleased with it?
>IPS is a meme
I wouldn't say this, but it's definitely only necessary if you're a graphic designer or some such that needs the color accuracy.

>buying a 1080ti for 380 when you could of got a vega 56 for 250

I'm still waiting on it. The only bad thing is it doesn't come with audio. You should get some speakers if you don't have any.

oh you're one of the retards who wants to run ultra in 4k at 100+ fps

>on my local Craigslist
Never buy used cards from people you don't know, 80% of them are bitcoin memers. Just let them die with their hoard of burned cards.

Should I get lg 29um69g-b or fuckoff (using old 16:10 rn) all the other monitors are fucking trash and i won't spend 2000+ goycoins on a monitor this year or the next

Sorry I don't have a 1000w psu to power the vega

>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"
I disagree with this... Considering how cheap you can get a 2000-2400 read MBps nvme to cache a 2TB disk
SSD on sata is only 560 MBps

>>easily
>Then why are AMD cards always lagging behind when it comes to 1440p benchmarks with very few of them even getting close to 60fps and those that do only in 3-4 year old titles?
Pretty sure the older titles favor nvidia. Or maybe in think Intel vs ryzen
1440p is a meme anyways

>4k
are you high or just retarded? never mentioned 4k, i only want AMD to make a 500+ dollar GPU and a 300+ dollar CPU that, together, will give me solid 60+ fps in demanding AAA titles at 1440p/ultra settings.

>I'm still waiting on it. The only bad thing is it doesn't come with audio. You should get some speakers if you don't have any.
Monitors that come with audio sound like shit though.

I use headphones, so it's no issue.

Do you play games?
What is this for?

So, what are the advantages of using a monitor instead of a tv?

>Sorry I don't have a 1000w psu to power the vega
Undervolt. Overclock