Besides ricing what’s a good reason to use linux?

besides ricing what’s a good reason to use linux?

Attached: 586F90B0-6E02-4357-A18C-EEDE860F2DBB.jpg (650x1151, 605K)

gaming

Being a dumb disgusting attention whoring anime pedo scum.

I want to get rice'd by the girl in OP pic.

Linux is a kernel.

Not using a literal prison designed by a big corporation.

Fun.

It's an OS. It's understood that Stallman is proud. Everybody calls the OS Linux. Linux it is.

Linux is the kernel.

To impress people I meet. Even in good CS degree programs people can't cli, git, or do anything of value when they graduate.

It's way faster than any common os and installing things you want usually require one single terminal command.

You get a free fedora license

Nurturing and developing Autism.

older hardware, servers, tinkering,

Aren't the windows posters also doing this?
/v/ posters do not apply
pic related the first windows poster in a desktop thread 7/10

Attached: 159201928377.png (1920x1080, 549K)

also anime

the open source programming ecosystem

You feel very 1337 when pasting bash from stackoverflow

Attached: 1538622883121.gif (640x480, 1.26M)

It’s also the OP of this thread. He’s a well-known shitposter

n-nani

Attached: jfnnhv.png (1752x961, 109K)

Beside this: (which shouldn't be overlooked unless you're fine with your privacy being compromised at the tap of a button if you ever find yourself looking up "suspicious" information online):

- ease of use of a first-class package manager (vs. nugget or brew which carry more outdated software and aren't as comprehensive).

- the culture of freedom and user-control means anti-user features are very rare, since they would be removed or forked away (vs. windows telemetry, forced updates, ads, etc).

- better availability of software in some fields (software development).

- better security.

- faster, and the OS doesn't eat nearly as much disk space.

- fixing OS problems is done through the CLI. This is a personal preference, but if you're going to have to google a solution anyway, I find it easier to copy paste commands than navigating through bad GUIs.

- automation through bash/CLI. Nearly all Linux programs have a CLI or some sort of API (even mostly GUI programs like Firefox, Blender, etc), which, coupled with bash or python, makes automation of a series of common tasks possible and often trivial.

Cute!

no, everyone just posts my wife because they are jealous she is mine

Dogma. Linux is an OS.

kek imagine being this retarded