My son begs for a new computer so he can play video games with his friends. I've tried to raise him well...

My son begs for a new computer so he can play video games with his friends. I've tried to raise him well, his only computer so far has been a Thinkpad W500 with Ubuntu MATE. How do I convince my child to stay true to the cause?

Attached: 1490236027969.jpg (900x1200, 154K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/LsRN9J
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Kill his friends.

Good thread

Install Steam for him. It has lots of linux games and good wine wrapper

>When you want to pretend you have money so you buy PNY (kek) GPUs and showcase your 3 cheap TN monitors

Youre an autistic idiot dont force that on your child as well.

A stronger computer but with Gentoo. And teach gim Proton and Wine

You're like one of those vegans who asks for tofu recipies that their kid will actually eat. Unless he's a late teenager, he's probably not morally developed enough to understand your reasoning for supporting FOSS, so you may just be building resentment, especially if he feels like your personal crusade is keeping him from playing video games with his friends.

tl;dr: set up a Windows VM for him, revisit the issue once he starts reading angsty philosophy (especially Marx or Rand)

How about not being an autismal and just build him something decent with Windows 7 so he can play with his friends?

Forcing him to be a freetard will backfire, and he will taste the fruit of non-free and closed source video games some day without looking back.

Just buy him one, let him play with his friends, and build a mechanical keyboard with him

It is your parental obligation to beat your son. Spare the child and spoil the rod.

That salty pajeet NEET is still angry about the little brazilian boy who got an overkill pc to play minecraft from his dad.

>stay true to the cause
how the hell do you run eroge games on Ubuntu?
or are we talking about some other cause than Jow Forums

Build a nice desktop together and keep ubuntu. Steam play/proton is a thing now.
What does he want to play?

Let him earn it, buy him a lawnmower and his first tank of gas, the rest is up to him.

embracing FOSS requires a conscious decision user
just buy him a gaymen laptop
its only a phase

Just let him play his goddamn gaymes

Let me him be a child for fuck sake. Just tell him to do his homework and chores to maintain the access to his gaming computer.

Fuck your autistic principles.

>gave his son a thinkpad
This is child abuse

>lawn mowing
>November

Attached: 1536814481988.jpg (802x960, 85K)

Using a rake, you.

imagine the smell

These are all good ideas, also start lifting with him if you haven't already

Attached: image.jpg (645x773, 111K)

Yeah, parents should also let their kids do drugs because that's what the other kids do and your children will hate you if you are against it.

Thanks for the kek bucko

Build a decent computer from used parts and install Windows 7

>implying retards like you have kids

Give him a Gentoo based gaming computer a run a Windows VM with GPU pass-through

I also made a list of components and accessories just in case

pcpartpicker.com/list/LsRN9J

Attached: Screenshot_20181105-114338.png (1440x2880, 546K)

based and redpilled

>stay true to the cause
the kid probably couldn't give two shits about "the cause". Just get him windows 10

Beat him while you rape his tight boipucci. Also give him female hormones and programming socks.

>Ubuntu MATE
it's time you introduce your son to the one and only systemd free vanilla Gentoo. i installed Gentoo once. now i'm literally drowning in hot pussy

/thread

>Letting your kid use proprietary software is the same as letting them do drugs
Whew

Fucking baffled at the amount of people taking this thread seriously.

Holy shit, you guys are autistic.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (221x300, 12K)

Right, it's actually worse.

I'm gonna need a pic of your sons penis to answer that

build him a damn computer... if he's truly autistic like you, he'll get into loonix naturally

>millennial kid gets two 1080's for bday
>screeches its still not good enough, wants more.
>millennial parents come on Jow Forums to "vent"
>millennial parents just buy more to please little timmy.

Get NVIDIA Shield TV.
Play with Geforce Now.

JUST BUY YOUR KID A DECENT PC AND PUT WINDOWS 10

>Install Steam for him. It has lots of linux games and good wine wrapper
OR... or you could just install Windows and not fuck with any of that

Buy him the fucking computer and let him have fun with his friends.

If he wanted a Xbox One because his friends are playing on console. Would you be a bitch about it and not buy your son the console because proprietary bullshit?

Come on now don't impose your stupid freetard choices to your son

too late

Attached: fakeandgay.png (740x325, 149K)

buy him a banger PC.
he only gets to use it if he sets gentoo up himself.

I see you're new around here

I know it's bait thread but imagine being a child with a freetard instead of a real father. I'd hang myself before reaching adulthood.

Attached: 1506291793399.jpg (250x241, 7K)

Your prophet died btw.

People have been planting winter grass for the last few weeks and it's around the time were people start needing their lawns trimmed.

>tried to raise him well
>ubuntu
>mate

You've already failed, just buy him a gaming PC

Kill the friends and install gentoo on their corpses

buy him a nice PC an null route all the Epic Games servers.

This, but unironically. LEGALIZE DRUGS

this

Forcing your son to use Linux won't get you anywhere. If you were a good role model your son would look up to you and use Linux on his own initiative.

>all these bootyblasted gaymen faggots

do i sense... jealousy?

My parents wouldn't even buy me a fucking console when I was a kid just books. If we were riding in the car I wasn't even allowed to wear headphones

Attached: 1541390311825.png (398x400, 96K)

Man do I love the smell of leather. I take whiffs of my wallet every now and then.

But the wrapper is just click and play like it is in Windows

>Christianity BTFO

Ah, good times. I remember when I wanted to play video games when I was younger. My mom would unplug the internet after an hour and wouldn't buy me any games. I had to work at shit ass Arby's to afford games. Didn't even get to play WoW Vanilla until late 2015.