Any user here still rocking the FULL ATX board?

Seems like the market gets flooded by tiny ass boards more and more

Attached: 1359070621709.jpg (600x450, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lazer3d.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Well yeah, I've got a full size case why wouldn't I buy a full size mobo?

Pic related

Attached: 20180410_212055.jpg (4032x3024, 2.72M)

should have went with blue LED fans instead of cold white. blue would make it run 10° cooler

I've got an XL-ATX board crammed into an ATX case. I kinda need to upgrade to a smaller board, but idk what I would do with my current case since I put a bunch of effort into modding it.

Nice.
This is what I'll have soon. Got a new ITX mobo but no small case. Not even mATX. So it's going into a beige full ATX tower. Not even using dedicated graphics card for maximum empty space.

E-ATX server hardware (dual lga 2011 sockets) crammed into a standard ATX full-sized desktop tower here.

no I'm not doing blue led again, I'm tired of defrosting my case.

Fuck, that's true.
I used to have a stupid ass case that was setup with blue AND red LEDs. The blue ones were good at cooling but they had the red ones there to cook away the condensation drips which caused steam that was lead out of the case through a pipe which caused mold on the wallpaper. Never getting mixed blue and red LED cases anymore.

Why would anyone need more than micro atx? Full atx is a waste of space and money.

Because I can fit two separate ITX mobo computers in a single ATX case.

Yeah, full atx should have been niche for 10-15 years now, mATX mainstream.

reporting in with based P8Z68

Attached: ASUS Visual Top.jpg (2355x2735, 3.48M)

Because I want a board with 8 SATA ports.

Attached: PrimeX370Pro.png (446x794, 193K)

absolutely based. lasted me 7 years no problems still werking but now semi retired.

I miss my old Gigabyte Haswell board. 10 built in SATA3 sockets, at the expense of a couple PCI-e lanes.

low test.

Oh shit, That actually sounds like a fun project.

Attached: mini itx gamecube.jpg (4032x3024, 1.29M)

Last build I went from ATX to MicroATX, this board was $140. Still has 8x2 power phase.

Definitely will always build microatx or smaller. We don't use NICs, sound cards, or other accessory cards nearly as much as we used to, so it only makes sense to get something smaller. Less power use, less heat, less weight and space used.

Attached: P8Z77-M-PROjsh.jpg (899x1041, 350K)

I went microatx for devil's canyon, regretted it when I needed the extra cards, and now I have full atx on ryzen, but I regret not having 5.25" bays for some fancy front IO shit I wanted

that's a big cube

>Seems like the market gets flooded by tiny ass boards more and more
Huh? The higher end boards are mostly ATX. In fact they mostly yanked Micro ATX from the high end board market, leaving you with only ATX or ITX if you are seeking for good VRMs

The recent exceptions would be the X399M Taichi and Maximus XI Gene, although other than the VRMs and overclocking features, the Maximus XI Gene has essentially features of a B360M-K/H310M-K with only 2 DIMM slots and 1x16 and 1x4 PCIe slots.

4U

>flooded
>there's like 1 ITX board for every 20 ATX boards

Are you retarded?

>2 ancient CPUs (Xeons? Opterons?)
>1 shitty GPU
>that SSD position
based. what are you using it for?

I scoff at your vast empty expanses.

Attached: IMG_20171218_165221.jpg (3847x2875, 1.86M)

>living in a backwards country where they sell outdated hardware

x399 Taichi reporting.

Attached: x399.jpg (500x500, 77K)

I wouldn't mind using a tiny micro atx board to run my server shit if it wasn't for the fact that they never fucking have enough sata cable ports.

Attached: Ghost S1 DXj.jpg (991x899, 334K)

At least a NAS w/ those 6 HDDs

>that ssd placement

CH6 yeboi

Attached: crosshair-vi.jpg (695x843, 267K)

Asus Prime X470 Pro

Attached: asus_prime_x470_pro_amd_am4_1403986.jpg (2500x2500, 642K)

fuck that giant pc shit

Attached: image0.jpg (4032x3024, 1.79M)

>Chinesium box

>ssd strapped to a giant heater
Y tho

i call it china numba wan

rajintek metis, 600w aigo psu, maxsun h81 mobo, snowman rgb cooler, 4gb of "blazingram" ddr3 with ltc rgb ram heatsinks, ASL gt 1030, goldenfir 120gb ssd and even a chink fan hub on the back

>doesn't want PCIe slots for random addon cards
The only thing a micro-itx is good for is a media pc.

I got the p8z77-ws

ITX for life.

Attached: IMG_0922.jpg (3024x4032, 2.45M)

nano S best case

next upgrade is a 7700T on an evga z270 stinger with 16gb of ddr4 and a 250gb nvme 970 evo
just waiting on the 7700T and then im also gonna look into what kind of giant ass air coolers i can cram into this thing, ive heard people put in a 163mm dark rock pro 3, i want to try to fit the 4 in here, but i also like the aesthetic of a radiator inwards 120mm aio

Attached: image0.jpg (4032x3024, 1.97M)

and before someone says it, im aware how fuckin stupid all that is
>1000w psu
it was on sale and looks cool
>7700T on z270
i dont need the performance of the 7700K and i got the stinger on sale for 40$ new, itll still outperform my i5 4570

Have fun replacing that ssd tomorrow

Thermaltake?

lazer3d.com/
LZ7

>absolute fucking mess of cords on the bottom
>MOERr FANS = COOLER!!11
>ssds just hanging out in the middle of fuckin nowhere
guaranteed replies

bump

>all that shit
>all those HDDs
>all those fans
>dual OLD cpus

>one 400w PSU

Attached: 14468746878.jpg (193x115, 7K)

Can't think of a single good reason to have a full ATX board besides making a dual cpu workstation.

Why are motherboard manufacturers skimping out on SATA ports?

The newest Intel and AMD motherboards only have like 6 at most, even the most expensive boards only have like 6. Asrock for some reason has 8.

Even case manufacturers are starting to skimp out on HDD trays, even Fractal only gives out 6 HDD trays on the R6 when the R5 had like 8 excluding the 2 SSD trays on the back of the case.

Less demand. More high capacity drives, and NAS units and soho/smb servers are also easier to get. There not nothing stoping you from installing an HBA when you have an ATX board either. Gotta use those PCIe slots for something.

I'm running SSI CEB

Attached: 1519459664438.jpg (300x300, 25K)

Actually I had trouble finding decent ITX boards. The enthusiast builder market is still 80% ATX.
Also mATX boards are universally trash.

>SSI CEB
nice.

Attached: 1520203589093.png (1536x1536, 130K)

this must be getting stupidly fucking hot

My 304 has vast empty expanses in it.

Attached: IMG_20181104_211830-01.jpg (1495x2000, 1M)

In order to not have to mess with my current peripheral setup I would need at least 7 rear USB ports as well as the ability to support at least some front USB ports on the case. I have not yet seen a micro ATX or mini ITX board that can deliver that. They also all tend to have onboard video ports that I neither need nor want, often seemingly instead of the USB I/O that I actually do.

Nothing new. Technological advances has always caused a trend for electronics to get smaller.

Even my ITX board from 2012 has 8 rear USB ports, and three internal USB headers.

I use all of my PCI-E slots, so I yes.

what about something like this, mITX but with a kind of notch for a PC case to be able to fit a full GPU. You could then put some figurine on it or a dragon dildo.

Attached: itx.jpg (3863x3347, 1.57M)

did you tell your parents yet?

To keep myself honest I looked through every single AM4 ITX board on newegg just now and found exactly one that has 8 ports and two headers. Most have either 5 or 6 rear USB, so it seems that either you also have an outlier of a board or we've actually regressed in the past 6 years. Frankly I'm not sure which is more likely.

Could be an outlier, it's the Asus P8Z77-I.
I think that most manufactures just want people to use hubs now, but to be fair ITX selection for AM4 is a bit shit.

Or maybe simply enlarge the case so it can fit a full size GPU without having a retarded footprint? It's not like your solution take any less space.

buy some extruded aluminum and make it happen, captain.

Also 0 RAM begginstrips.

meh

>Why would anyone need more than micro atx?
Some people don't buy pre-built and like to be able to comfortably work inside their case and on their MB

I have this bad boy.
Perfect for my crazy setup.

Attached: 1024.png (1024x819, 864K)

in the 2020s they will print literal FB memes on motherboards

>I'm retarded and need extra room for my basketball sized hands to fit inside my PC

>gaming mobo
topkek

but most mITX cases aren't just about saving space but more about being nice and little.

tfw no yuru yuri mb

Attached: 1520399352432.png (458x500, 207K)

I know, it was the only one with 8 Sata ports.
and I can't use an PCIe SATA controller since all my PCIe slots are populated.

How are you populating all 5 of those slots and why can't you use a port replicator?

I have 2 NVMe SSD, the second M.2 slot disables the last PCIe slot
and I run two 1080ti in SLI mode.
so no room for PICe x1

Well yeah. Not everybody is a fruit on HRT with woman hands

Oh, right, SLI uses those dumb solid bridges that block everything in between instead of the ribbon now.

If your case has an extra expansion slot you can still get a 1x extension cable and use that.

can't I have this between them the 2 GPU.

Attached: SY-MRA25023.PT04-500x500.jpg (500x500, 20K)

Still use it as main PC. It's back from the days when crossfire was still a thing.

Had to replace 80% of the caps.

Attached: Clipboard01.jpg (1000x1200, 332K)

i'm a true patrician and use an itx board in an atx case

pic related

Attached: shit computer.jpg (1361x2048, 249K)

dat ssd
get yourself one of these, you have the space for it

Attached: T2qbRJXaRcXXXXXXXX_%21%21804033622__81616_zoom.jpg (720x480, 41K)

>MOERr FANS = COOLER!!11

With properly setup speedfan and lots of fans you can make pc near silent at low loads for cheap.

Looks like you're a scuba diver and found your PC next to the Titanic

pretty neat idea actually
my computers in a cabinet so i had to use a wide angle lens converter on my phone to get a pic

Its still going strong overclcoked the cpu from day 1.

Attached: 13-131-703-09.jpg (640x480, 43K)

surprisingly accurate

you can get this if you want to be able to remove your SSD easily but it cost a bit more.

Attached: Uneatop-2-5in-SATA-aluminum-bracket-HDD-SSD-Tray-less-mobile-rack-for-PCI-expansion-slot.jpg_640x640 (640x640, 31K)

absolute unit

>posts money in the shot to brag to others
>thats really just a 20 with a stack of 1s underneath
>OP is a faggot

M.2 slots.