Why don't you learn networking, user? It's probably last direction in IT that didn't cornered by pajeets yet

Why don't you learn networking, user? It's probably last direction in IT that didn't cornered by pajeets yet.

Attached: ccna_300x300.png (300x300, 14K)

Isn't cornered by Pajeets. Hahahaha i have bad news for you

Attached: 1541404866789m.jpg (1024x576, 61K)

Pajeets or jews - which ones should go first?

>Isn't cornered by pajeets
>cisco

PHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Except everybody is going to the cloud

And how do they connect their computers and go online?
A company with more than 25 people usually needs some higher level networking even if they dont have servers in house.
And even if companys go online they usually use a local backup or a bridge server to azure if they use Windows (as most companies are).

Everything in the world isnt Macfags using wifi and local external HDDs and clueless windows users with Dropbox and "Gaming routers".

Attached: 1540178219043.jpg (400x800, 246K)

Studying computer networks at uni 2/3rds pakis from bolton.

Same, I'm in Ontario though. On the bright side they almost all fail the courses because they are all as dumb as a sack of shit.

But I am. Too bad all the females under the age of 30 (and the BMI) all drop out in the 2nd part of Cisco's training courses. Is configuring a router and switch really as hard as they make it to be?

Mine all cheat.

companies use a VPN to connect to securely connect to the cloud

No, not really

I think programming is more difficult

>take CCNA course
>get IT job
>everything uses a GUI
Okay, this is epic.

>Posts a pic of Cisco
>talks about Pajeets
You clearly have never once called Cisco TAC in your entire life have you?

What he said Though you have to have a good understanding of everything which means there is quite a bit of reading. It also gets way more complicated when you need to start troubleshoot (which is why you need to have a good grasp on how everything works hence reading).

I’m ccna certified and no employers give a fuck

You will talk to pajeets on the help desk for any major business, networking is actually a lot hard manual labour, have fun running 100ft of wire around 7 walls.

fishing is the best part

I'm CCNP / JNCIS. Branch out and learn other skills. Lots of jobs I've done require other shit like Linux or hyperviser knowledge. Hell even learning programming for Netconf is a step up from just doing networking.

Why dont you pick up the cable technician trade? Learn networking utility side and actually get to go outdoors and work off your fat ass. Cheap college credits as well and you just need a fucking HS diploma or GED.

>no pajeets
LMAO

That said, it is a bit easier to stand out from Pajeets in the networking world than it is in the Windows admin world.
If you've got a strong knowledge of networking and Linux/VMware, you're quite valuable.

The "cloud" is just someone else's server. For smaller businesses, it's great because they don't have to run shit in house, but any bigger than 100 people and you start running into problems with hosting literally everything in the cloud.
Eventually you're going to need a network guy to configure dual-homing, local fast storage, etc.

Running wire and checking connections is great, because you get a chance to get off your fat ass and do some work with your hands.
It also provides a good opportunity for social interaction.

No one ever treats the tech guy with any quantifiable amount of dignity and respect. They only care that you are getting shit done and that it works. And then when you start running into problems, they're bitching and complaining cause theyre afraid noseberg is gonna yell at them.

This. On the bright side they're generally better-behaved than the developers.

You could also not give off the vibe of a human doormat and people would probably respect you a bit more.

But user, that is what you essentially are. You are a doormat waiting in front of a computer screen on a help desk pajeet to fix their fuckups.

>No one ever treats the tech guy with any quantifiable amount of dignity and respect

I'm a field technician for an ISP that specializes in wireless for rural clients. People are so desperate for me to fix their shit that I get free stuff (and praise) all the time. Ever had homemade honey? I have, because some rednecks in the sticks with their own beehives were just elated that I fixed their shit so they could watch Netflix again.

People react badly sometimes. One guy got really fucked up when I was installing his shit and started getting aggressive. He puts a $100 bill in my hand one moment for "doing such a good job", then he starts pointing a loaded 1911 at me when I refused to trench 300 feet of STP with a hand shovel. I repeat: rural. I am confident my body wouldn't have been found in that area. I got in my work truck and left.

How you are treated as a tech person is really case-dependent.

Attached: work_02.jpg (1536x2048, 424K)

I'm not helpdesk, so no, I'm not waiting at the computer for people to ask me for help.
People are generally happy to see me working in their area, because that means I'm installing something new or performing upgrades.

That seems like a really interesting job.
I'm a network guy by trade, and I find radio work engineering... I've thought about trying to start my own WISP in the future.

I'd want to do the work like that before trying. What can you tell me about your job?

>need to go to tafe to be able to transfer into compsci after complete networking degree
>realise im not getting ccent after a year of studying
>getting ccent ccna and ccnp next year
why would anyone ever fuckign do this, i have 2 years of study in one year and 3months stretched into one year

Attached: 1539461796524.jpg (500x500, 47K)

only schoolbabies get certs, u can learn everything on ur own, youtube it

i got shit atar(stat used to get into higher education) so i need to go through tafe, and to finish this advanced diploma so i can transfer into 2nd year of compsci i have to complete ccnp
(on the other hand i dont need to get certified ccnp i just need the knowledge to pass school exams) its really fucking frustrating since im forced to do a year of fuck all with almost no job prospects

My job is more construction than computers, but I am the senior and highest paid tech BECAUSE I spent my formative years raping my brain with unix books and late-night programming sessions. Even then I only make $15 an hour (which is enough to live comfortably in a 2-bed apartment in west Tennessee). I work 50+ hours every week in all elements. I crawl into the spidery depths beneath neglected houses and climb to the peaks of towers. The tallest one I've climbed so far is 150 feet, though we have some that are taller. Most of my day is spent installing CPEs, running cable, fixing issues, and getting stranded in the company bucket truck when it blows a head gasket or a turbo (5 bucket truck deaths within last year alone!).

We use a variety of base stations and CPEs. Our frequencies: 900 MHz, 2.4/2.5/3.6/5.8 GHz. 2.5 and 3.6 must be commercially licensed from the FCC (we literally only have 1 of 2500 customers on 3.6 but the CEO just sits on the license and is waiting for someone to buy it from him). There's a lot of drama at all times regarding interference: particularly with 2.4 and 2.5

A lot of Ubiquiti and discontinued gemtek stuff. None of it is terribly interesting by itself. I engage in side work while on the clock if I'm ahead of schedule. Want an extra STP line to go under the floor between the router and your neet son's ECKSBAWKS so they can get better ping on FARTNIGHT? I'm your fucking man. Put $50 in my pocket and your neet son will stop wailing for a few hours until they realize it isn't the lag that makes them suck. No refunds, fuck you.

The attached picture is me doing my job. If I didn't cover something you want to know, ask away!

Attached: work_03.jpg (859x1145, 207K)

You're very cool. Can you give some insight on low voltage cabling inside commercial buildings?

I did everything myself and now I'm going back and trying to get certs for the resume. You absolutely learn more doing it yourself, but there's been a few moderately helpful things from the cert part that made it worthwhile.

I would love to, but I've only ever cabled residential.

Sorry to disappoint, user.

read the other post, im not doing it to get the certs (the certs are a bonus), im doing it to get into 2nd year compsci

you can learn that shit in 2 weeks installing gentoo

I heard of a chink passing it after 2 days of cramming exams

Oh no I wouldn't do that.

I would love to do that stuff as a side job.
I really enjoy the planning and such that goes into the layer-3 of networking that I do now, but there's something magical about running that fiber (or setting up the antenna) that connects that house to the rest of the world.

Too bad the FCC is working hard to destroy municipal ISPs.

only thing i have left to do unfortunately, i cant get into uni other way