Intel Chips are KILL

So I saw a video where Stallman says that even processors ae kill in the world of free software now hardware. Redpill me on this Jow Forums, he says that even newer AMD chips are fkd??? What are we to do :( it seems like it's nearly impossible to escape this... MOSSAD agents can fkd my shit up and pwn me any moment, I feel unsecure.

Attached: csm_8th_Gen_Intel_Core_i5_Badge_ee07502dbf.jpg (600x600, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RbuQ4SK7wRA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_microprocessor
fpgacpu.org/
opencores.org/project/zipcpu
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ibm power9

Can you buy that though?

Not yet, It's being backed by Nvidia and Google so maybe we get them in 10 years if quantum computing hasn't taken off

>google
There really is no hope

>redpill.

Attached: 1521774717128.gif (350x331, 486K)

FPGAs

Attached: 1541392959995.jpg (1024x683, 106K)

I don't understand what your saying. What does this mean?

You can't escape surveillance, it's inevitable.

What are these?

Intel and AMP chips come with malicious hardware that can pwn your system even when running free software

>Intel and AMP chips come with malicious hardware that can pwn your system even when running free software
Pwn? I don't get it. Security issues?
Or those backdoors they insert themselves?

The only hope to secure your leaking sieve of information is to control a router.
If you can get uncompromised hardware and an uncompromised OS for your router you can completely lock down your outbound network.
I see that as the only hope. A spying device without networking is useless. Nothing gets in or out through the network without going through the router.

If the router is a jellybean part, it's entirely possible it could be passing invisible traffic and ignoring rules or making exceptions without your knowledge.

The chips have a backdoor via hardware dumbfag the older AMD chips apparently don't

Do you know how much older the AMD chips without this built into them ae tho?

youtube.com/watch?v=RbuQ4SK7wRA

tf does this have to do with anything

RISC

>backed by Nvidia and Google
you are saying that like its not a bad thing

Yes you can, it's the CPU for the Talos II. Maybe you meant RISC-V.

Right. Two of the biggest technology Jews.

Stallman said there was a company creating free hardware I guess you can call it but it was in the works, is that the RISC-V thing?

I know I read that like what is he talking about lol

>What are these?
They're field programmable grid arrays. They're thousands of these little pic relateds. You can program any digital logic circuit as long as you have a big enough FPGAs. A CPU is just a digital logic circuit. There are downsides. Compared to an ASIC CPU a FPGA CPU is going to generally have lower clocks, cost more, and generate more heat per computation.

For these limitations you get a big plus: it is effectively open source digital hardware. You right a specification in a hardware description language, a program simplfiies it and "compiles" it to a bitstream, and you send the bitstream to the FPGA which comfigures these cells correctly. Now you have a CPU.

Attached: FPGA_cell_example.png (957x430, 3K)

Where do you find these? Can they be bought?

Yes. You can buy dev boards that contain Xilinx, Altera, or Lattice chips.

Digikey has them. Mouser probably does too. For the ones big enough to be CPUs you're probably going to want a development board to avoid soldering a BGA.

I haven't done one of these yet, but here are some links I've come across. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_microprocessor
fpgacpu.org/
opencores.org/project/zipcpu

If you want to play around with a FPGA you can get a smaller one, but if you want a desktop equivalent CPU then you'll want to know exactly what you're going to make with it before you make a purchase. I guess if you're a multimillionaire you can make impulse buys of cutting edge FPGA tech.

Attached: 1541030857662.jpg (1005x1196, 245K)

So you would put these into a mobo just like a normal CPU?

Attached: 100TQFP.jpg (640x640, 19K)

It would need to be made for that FPGA and the circuit that it's programmed to be, but yeah the analogy fits. There's lots of stuff that either won't go on or wouldn't make sense to put on the FPGA and that stuff would go on a motherboard. I think I've seen FPGAs with built in DDR controllers, so at least that's taken care of. At the very least, all the power supply stuff has to be done externally. Any peripherals will need to at least have a port if not some kind of controller.

No idea which generation of processors isn't jewed.

feels good paying 30k€ for a freetard certified underpowered FPGA board

Attached: 1532742662690.gif (720x540, 1.39M)