DAP

Good small portable DAPs.
Is a Sony nw-a45 a good option?
I was also looking at the Cowon Plenue D

Attached: Sony-Walkman.jpg (720x438, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55665081.html
build.rockbox.org/
rockbox.org/wiki/TargetStatus
rockbox.org/wiki/DeviceChart
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

just use ur phone, faggot

Zune HD for the sweet hd radio

>Slow boot time
>Slightly laggy screen
Everything else is great though. Though I do wish the battery lasts a little bit longer than it is now which is around 30-40 hours.

> hd radio

Thanks, user. You taught me something.

Attached: 1436843827988.jpg (1544x2384, 692K)

Man, what a nice piece of hardware the Zune was. I had the little flash one as well as a Zune HD for a bit, that was peak UI and product design from Microsoft in my opinion.

Attached: zune-HD[1].jpg (650x472, 29K)

Waiting on this little nigger to arrive

Attached: f5d38b63-s.jpg (539x303, 34K)

no

iphones dont have headphone jack anymore :(

Looks like an ear vape

Nigga finna boutta get DAPed on!!

Attached: 1529925455778.jpg (196x167, 14K)

>How to attract vape fags with an mp3 player.

u aight, white boy

I was considering purchasing it but it has a nonstandard charging/data cable. Gonna keep my shanling m1 for now.

Attached: 1497413170355.png (500x300, 111K)

VAPENATION

Attached: Newest-Zishan-Z2-DIY-MP3-HIFI-DSD-Professional-MP3-HIFI-Music-Player-Support-Headphone-Amplifier-DAC (640x640, 119K)

is that comic sans

the dac and amp in the LG V series is pretty good

Attached: linus why.png (718x583, 538K)

Comfy ipod look desu

Attached: pic1.png (757x639, 406K)

looks nothing like ipod

OK

Attached: 4653456.jpg (1280x720, 64K)

Max storage size and any open source software I can put on it?

dap on them haters

Yamineko?

Answering my own question
>storage
Single sdxc slot, rated 128gb (but verified 200gb up). Had issue where 5800 songs max but fiio patched it. Fiio X5 gen2 has 2sdxc slots and different DAC+amp
>Open source
None. There's a bit of documentation and PCB on rockbox wiki. There was also a dude working on it since Feb 2018 but no word.

Thanks self
>no problem self

>Galaxy S3
>Custom kernel
>custom ROM
>Custom launcher
>Sony walkman app

>autism

Shanling m0

>tfw you want one but are afraid the buttons will break

Just like my sansa clip

Get a shanling m0
100 bucks, good DAC, can use it as a DAC for your other devices, more than enough power for any headphone and its tiny.

get a benjie t6
it's cheap and good after being rockboxed

Thinking about getting a DAP but not sure what one. so far narrowed down to these. what one do you Jow Forumsuys think?

FiiO M3K

XDUOO NANO D3

Xduoo X2

Shanling M0

What player and headphones are these?

I usually use white DAP when re-caulking the bathroom tub.

Attached: white-dap-caulk-18103-64_1000.jpg (1000x1000, 35K)

xduoo X3 or benjie T6 because rockbox

The Plenue D is a fucking piece of shit
Stay away from it
Unless you intend to use it as a Sansa clip replacement and you just load your music and play without fucking around and picking files.
Because the UI is absolutely unusable, it has abysmal lag, screen tearing, touch doesn't registered correctly, it's a piece of shit.
I have the Sony nw-a45 now, it makes me cum. Volume is a little low though, I'm constantly around 90.

What's the purpose of those phone-sized DAPs like the a45? At that point just use a phone in airplane mode 24/7.
I can understand something like a clip+ because it's tiny and has HW buttons.

>Is a Sony nw-a45 a good option?
I have one, it's pretty nice actually.
Only 2 downsides.
- Official cases are seemingly only sold in japan.
- No line out unless you have the wm-port to line-out adapter that nobody sells.

Just buy a sansa and install rockbox on it

Attached: sansa.png (1052x563, 554K)

This.

NWA-45 is comfy
good hardware buttons and software aint that bad either but refresh rate and album art loading times could be better

Attached: IMG_20181029_192518.jpg (3480x4640, 3.18M)

Nice thing, but lack of physical buttons are meh. Wheel shortcuts are not a great replacement for them, bot at all.

DAP is Zishan Z3.
IEMs are qdc Neptune.
Source: bisonicr.ldblog.jp/archives/55665081.html

You forgot about proprietary charging cable.

Blasphemy

nw a55 in USA when

>Galaxy S8
>Shuttle+

Where do you find Benjie T6 / related rockbox support? I've been on their official page and there is no predev/beta/official on them. I want to see what other options I have

nigger what
just click dev builds on the main page the t6 is the first one
or the thread in the rockbox forums

I just wish that someone could convince microsoft to give up the source code to it, it was so good. I would still use it on the daily if I could still wireless sync it.

No shit, you're absolutely right! Here's the page you were talking about build.rockbox.org/ (under agptek rocker like you said)

I was looking at these 2 pages
rockbox.org/wiki/TargetStatus
rockbox.org/wiki/DeviceChart

That's what threw me off, thanks user! Rockbox wiki is new to me

I got one. Its better than my samsung phone and my iphone

lol'd at that last bit. wtf dude.

>DAP
What cringy new speak is this

The term's been around for years, it stands for Digital Audio Player

>Feb 2018
Try 2015

That's like 90% of DAPs out there

Still smaller than a phone

>for years
So, right after Reddit's invading? Well, now it makes sense

I don't think it's a reddit thing, just a more general term than MP3 player.

Aside from space issues what's the justification for owning one of these? Sure, they look great, but I have a phone with a giant ass SD card and decent battery life. I'm not saying it's retarded or anything, but what's the best case to make for spending money on these?

Attached: 1492936183337.jpg (665x574, 49K)

It is possible to do any sort of scripting on any of these, with rockbox or something? I want to have a log what I listen to so i can sync it with last.fm / libre.fm when i connect it to my computer.

>It is possible to do any sort of scripting on any of these
Yes, but Rockbox already has built in scrobbling

Some really expensive ones are better than phones
You can get a small one that clips on your clothes for when you don't want to take your phone
You can use one where you can't use your phone
Button controls

My phone doesn't drive my headphones as well

Oh shiiiiiiiii
Is there any hope it'll be anything more than vaporware, I really want one

Probably not
There's literally one guy working on it, porting to a weird and somewhat poorly documented chinese MIPS SoC
jz4760 ports are pointless now that everything moved to the x1000 SoC. And runs linux so they could just do app port like the T6 port.
The app port approach allows for much easier porting, even if they still have to deal with quirks of the OS below (sony and T6 linux are kinda weird, the T6 also violates GPL)

Neat, I have no reason not to switch to a DAP now.

And why would you want the X1, a 4 years old entry level player?

Alright, these are both fair points. Thanks for clarification.

I have the 1st Gen Fiio X1. It's still great though I use Spotify for music now.

Attached: IMG_20181021_113112.jpg (2944x3928, 2.49M)

It has only one purpose: play music.
They tend to do it better than phones, whether it be sound quality (debatable) or the ability to drive headphones. The lack of heaphone jacks on phones these days make most peoples earphones useless too.

I wanted an x3, I like it because it looks pretty! No other device I'm aware of uses the OG iPod form factor and scroll wheel. Brings me back to a better time...

Very good choice of music!

Get the X5 II, shouldn't be too expensive now
Still shitty software though

how's new firmware? did you install 2.0?

I didn't realize gen 2 looked so different from gen 1! I'm in love!

Suck no rockbox for a long time (if ever). I might do that quad ssd on a iPod 5.5g though.

Thanks user!

Fpbp

The rockboxed T6 is small and very comfy, needs improvement in the battery life area though

It looks intelligent! Ipod nano 1g flashback, and with Bluetooth built in... Damn!

All this stuff make me feel like a kid again :) like I'm going to limewire some Del the Funky Homosapien and shitpost clock crew on newgrounds

Lol

It's built worse than the original iPod nano, is larger and has worse battery life. At least it takes a card.
BT isn't working with rockbox yet last I checked.

>It's built worse than the original iPod nano
only the screen which for some reason is cheap plastic, everything else feels pretty robust with the device having a metallic body and glass rear
the backplate is very easy to remove too if you want to do something like upgrading or replacing the battery

Thinking about a XDuoo x3. Anything I should know? how much storage can I get out of those two micro sd slots?

Well fuck I'll have to do more homework, so many options! Thanks for all the different options fellow anons

>Still smaller than a phone
not really if you get something like the S3

/dab/

Bought one of these, hope the DAC is good. Do you know what is the maximum microSD card size they can take ?

Attached: 77_7311_2__450_400.jpg (450x400, 11K)

What DAPs can be used as a DAC? Or do all of them with DACs have that capability?

LG v40

I love my clip zip, but sometimes the sd card pops out
any tips other then just tape? or will I have to use tape

Phones sound like shit though.

Attached: IMG_20140927_152913.jpg (1184x1600, 932K)

Use your phone with a USB dac, it's still less bulk and inconvenience than carrying around a dap

>Bought one of these, hope the DAC is good. Do you know what is the maximum microSD card size they can take ?
I used one for a while, the dac is pretty OK but a high end phone sounds better. The amazing thing is the battery life with the newest rockbox you can expect over 30 hours

Has anyone got any recommendations for an amp upgrade from a Fiio E6?

Attached: ipod.jpg (2728x1816, 1.68M)

None of them is as convenient and nice-sounding like my A&K DAP.

Noice. That's all I need.

Is the FiiO M9 any good?

iphone

Holy shit I didn't even know the port had finally come out, thanks user!

Used Clip+ for many years and it died less than a year ago. Decided to try Benjie T6 and I really like it. Battery life is obviously worse but good enough for my use.
All in all very good budget dap.

cringe. you go and spend 300$ on thing you don't need. i don't :) :) :)