Attached: kinda.jpg (1379x792, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3582
youtube.com/watch?v=7HYXsZqpHrg
gearbest.com/keyboards/pp_1372024.html?wid=1433363
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

actual thread actual thread

fuck off faggot.

I like this OP more, but no way you'll convince burgers to migrate to a new thread.

Also fuck the gun faggot and his shitty filco keyboard

I am going to fucking try. I am tired of that fag and his filco keyboard.

>people still recommending cherry browns

Attached: 2ee385e3-f6cb-4033-876f-36590914cce5_256.png (256x256, 93K)

You mean previous thread?
Yeah recommended tactiles are:
BKE
Zealios
Box Royals
Hako Royals

yeah, but the issue is those switches are not sold as is anywhere

BKE seems good but way too much of a price investment desu

box jades are avaliable here prebuilt for the v80. They are the clicky, but still pretty good switches.
>mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=3582
otherwise I would just get a gmmk and fill them with box royals

You can always go on mechmarket and buy them cheap off some redditor, at least that is where I got mine.

Any other cheaper option?

you can get a teamwolf zhuque. Around the same quality

where do you even buy one of those? Aliexpress?

yeah, I think it is the cheapest to buy from ali

Yeah but I mean first you gotta get a Topre board, then you gotta get the domes. That's just too much for me.

Should I get a kinesis or a ergodox ez?

Attached: ergodox.jpg (955x637, 108K)

>Implying us burgers like his shit filled filco more than anyone else

I got an hkkb cheap for like 160 and around 70 bke extremes for like 40. It is doable.

Get a dactyl manuform.

Is Model M from Unicomp worth it?
If yes, how to get it to Europe without paying a fuckton of money for shipping?

What's the model of this keyboard?
I want one.

Attached: IBM Capacitive.png (800x2353, 2.96M)

You can get it even cheaper from some japanese websites.

A shitty rubber dome. No point when you can get a buckling spring model m.

Oh my God... I really do not feel like handwiring this.

Attached: oh lawd.jpg (3264x2448, 2.56M)

There are tons of model m keyboards all over europe. You can probably find one on mechmarket or just ebay for cheap.

I do have an extra one I could sell if you don't want to build it yourself.

Attached: IMG_20180704_174336.jpg (3026x1656, 1.19M)

my nigga is that an ibm rt keyboard? They use prototype topre switches... which are honestly garbage, but still they are rare as shit to get.

But I want to know what model is this user.

Nah, I feel like just buying a kinesis would be better. That case leaves alot to be desires

IBM RT keyboard. Good luck getting your hands on one.

>prototype topre
that's not true since topres have been around for at least 3-4 years, plus the mechanisms are different. Topres use a spring inside while the IBM variant uses a metal pad on top of the rubber dome

on a side note. Is a wristrest recommended for a ergodox? I manage to nab an ergodox ez for cheap, but it didn't come with the wrist rest.

The kinesis doesn't have a hefty case either (you can a vid of linus bending it). If you wanna spend an extra $100 for something less adjustable and not any more sturdy, go for it.

A wrist rest should only be used when not typing. You should float your wrists otherwise. I don't use a rest with my dactyl manuform for what it's worth.

You shouldn't be resting your wrists when you type anyway.

Don't know what to tell you. I remember a thread on deskthority where the guy claimed it was a prototype topre switch. They first thought it was keytronic, but it was way too sophisticated and the pcb was very unique to be keytronic.

Alright, but how much would 3d printing that cost? It must be pretty thick if u claim it is sturdier than the kinesis

The keyboard isn't all that rare anymore since more have been discovered. You can pick them up for ~100 bucks and it's been found that the manufacturer is actually brother

What do you think if this girl's cases? She 3d prints them custom for 60% keebs.

Attached: 3dprint.jpg (955x637, 49K)

The outer walls are decently thick, and the "swtichplate" is 4mm iirc. I got mine printed by crystalhand on plebbit, was about $70 for both halves (depends on the number of rows/columns).

Attached: IMG_20180703_213137.jpg (2754x1522, 1.17M)

never heard of brother manufactoring rubber-dome switches. I heard of their buckling springs ones. interesting.

Is this the general without that posioning drinking boomer? fuck that guy. Half of the general devolved into people making fun of his drink, mousepad, and his shitty hudson. I don't come into mkg to listen to that shit.

Attached: 1492016626692.gif (352x232, 1.13M)

One LED on my Logitech G710+ died (only works when I apply pressure to it). What should I do? Should I try to disassemble the thing and see if I can fix it, or is it a lost cause?

Attached: 1541103433391.png (246x288, 52K)

The almost-4704-aesthetic is nice, but it ain't authentic unless it's cast zinc.

Definately not a lost cause, takes a bit of desoldering.

I'm an adult!

Attached: 1540739024674.png (1400x433, 498K)

I mean this shows a switch, but nearly the same concept. EZ af.

youtube.com/watch?v=7HYXsZqpHrg

Bedtime is in 5 hrs child

MX clears and tactile greys are also not bad. pretty much identical stem bump as Zealios for like half the price

What is the best alps board for desoldering and putting better switches in?

I got some mint condition salmon skcm switches.

Attached: Webp.net-compress-image.jpg (3856x1772, 1.45M)

Oh, but are there genuine Model Ms that have Windows key? For me it's quite useful key.
Sorry for not mentioning that.

mx clears are a bit too scratchy compared to zealios, but then again I heard cherry retooled their shit so they may have changed.

Whatever happened to mod switches?

Attached: mod.jpg (1600x1069, 141K)

nope, at that point u need an unicomp. Sorry bud, I guess you can check ebay or mechmarket, but no real good solution there.

Get one of these :^)

geekhack org/index.php?topic=96112.0

>Whatever happened to mod switches?
They're still around, just not meme'd as hard as zeals.

the zealios are smoother, for sure. but worth-double-the-price smoother? not for me. for the fraction of a second my hand is hitting each key, I care more about the bump rather than if there is a a 5% different in how smoothly the switch is plunging.

The smoothness difference is eliminated if you bother to lube the switches too. It's a tedious pain in the ass though.

>tfw finally removed O-rings from my keys
God I love this sound. Fuck damping, I want my mechanical keyboard to sound like a mechanical keyboard.

Attached: Vjjlfy8.jpg (1280x720, 71K)

I got two testers, both brand new. One cherry mx and one gateron and zealios.
To me the cherry clear had a more noticeable bump and a larger difference between pre-bump and post-bump force than zealios violet and purple. I felt it more but also bottomed out less when applying constant force

They're rare, but I've seen some model M's with a win 3.11 logo on the super key. They probably were Lexmarks

>O-rings
You fell for the shit-tier meme.

Here's a good idea... why hasn't anyone made a cherry mx upper housing made of hardened silicon? It would be 100% compatible with every keycap and it won't reduce key travel at all.
QMX clips are the "best" dampening solution but it can only be used on thin cherry profile keycaps and it has too small of a surface area to really distribute the shock.

How I can find it, lad?
Is PS/2 or I have to create a custom controller for it?

It's Logitech G710, a pretty decent keyboard. Served me well for a few years now. I just never thought about removing those rings, now it actually feels a lot better.

Yeah orings greatly kill the tactility of the keyboard. Would never recommend it.

I just want a PBT set in the camping colorway.

gearbest.com/keyboards/pp_1372024.html?wid=1433363 is this one worth buying?

I'll be damned. Had a mech keyboard sitting in a junk pile at work. PS2, Cherry Browns and an odd layout but the price is right.

Attached: c0025306_10172712.jpg (1024x768, 183K)

>box switch
yes, damn that is a good price
looks like a cherry g80 variant.

Anyone try the hakko royal switches yet? People keep saying it is a smooth box royal, but that is it. not much info.

Attached: hakko.jpg (293x172, 8K)

There was an user who tried various combinations some threads ago, here

sweet thanks. kinda strange why kbdfans only sell hako royal clears though :/

Attached: 38060f117301781a4037e8d9c5d6e5e0--funny-animal-memes-funny-animal-photos.jpg (736x715, 74K)

>looks like a cherry g80 variant.
Yep. Made in Germany. Nice for server rooms since it's narrower than rack width and has a pointer built-in.

Clears were never retooled.

>orings greatly kill the tactility of the keyboard
do you not know where the tactility in a mech comes from? fucking retard

Will you fucking shitdicks keep your tier faggotry contained to one thread please?

Nah dude. That guy is a fag Boomer.

Than cherry mx clears are not worth getting.

>mfw that boomer is still alive

Attached: y8e9aqa3.jpg (960x540, 51K)

I finally pulled the trigger on this.

How did I do?
I got the navy blue one

Attached: mavyb;ie.jpg (1920x1080, 201K)

Pretty good. KBDfans make good shit.

Attached: 1529515024113.gif (500x450, 21K)

Reminder this is a mx brown bully freezone

Attached: 1513430482767.jpg (988x1059, 181K)

>mx pajeets
>mx sand
>mx shit

Attached: shrug.jpg (940x705, 259K)

You know why it's called MX Brown?
Becuase it's shit.

Mx Browns, more like MX shits

Attached: smug.jpg (4272x2848, 3.45M)

first keyboard from them too!

Pajeet lives in Mumbai downtown
He loves his scratchy MX Brown
Shitposting on Jow Forums
Wiping with right hand
But no toilet to flush it all down

I got a topre realforce, but I can't find a decent keycap set for them anywhere. The stock ones are high quality, but I want to be able to read my number row for when I need to type symbols.
Does anybody know where to find some good keycaps for the realforce??

Attached: sample_e388cb3f7140cf2082e199eb2dd1f86a.jpg (850x1185, 273K)

>topre

Attached: topre.png (1155x881, 91K)

kbdfans has some keycaps for topre, but otherwise you are shit out of luck.

>realforce
>expensive
imagine being this poor

Attached: tenor.gif (360x346, 170K)

They're extremely nice as they don't have the choppiness of the box royal while still being very tactile and smooth.

>frogpost
>not on Reddit
Imagine being THAT dumb

>phonepost
>not on /b/
Imagine being this new

So which one's better? Trues or Clears?

I like the Trues better since they're heavier. Just personal weight preference really.

Sweet! I am ordering samples of 10 each and testing them now.

Attached: putin approves.jpg (300x244, 14K)