Just got a Surface Pro...

Just got a Surface Pro. What are some half-way decent drawing/photo editing apps available on Windows 10 that are free or at least don't have a ridiculous yearly subscription fee. Also, fuck Adobe.

Attached: 612400-microsoft-surface-pro-6-24.jpg (810x456, 51K)

Microsoft paint.

It's ok. Still need something for photo editing though. Something with layers.

Gimp

Paint .NET

Krita.

Just use Clip Studio Paint like all normal people.

Definitely try inkscape, it's like a free cut down version of adobe illustrator still really functional.

Pro tip: get Gesturesign.

Affinity Photo, or krita. Maybe Clip Studio Paint or Paintool SAI.

sketchbook

mypaint.org / krita for painting, affinity photo for photo editing

Photoshop....

>at least don't have a ridiculous yearly subscription fee

>ridiculous

$20 a month is not ridiculous for world class software.

Yet it is. Now fuck off.

Attached: 1473353027833.jpg (320x320, 17K)

>buy black SP6
>paint chips
Good thing I never leave my room or I'd be embarrassed to have this.

Buy an ipad pro with the pencil instead, fully featured photoshop is coming soon so you're not missing out.

Pirate it.

Just torrent all the top stuff, free forever.

You've already been wage cucked for the hardware and spywin10

I got the silver version cuz I didn't need the extra storage and I'm covering it with a black UAG case anyways. Is the paint really chipping?

OP wants to run desktop software not play angry birds.

Soon™

>ARM

>inb4 irrelevant gookbench scores and HW video encoding

>photoshop
If Adobe wasn't price gouging their software I'd go for it. Also, I don't like Apple as of late and refuse to buy from them on general principal. The new iPad Pro is lookin' good though, I'll give you that.

Attached: 1539376756024.png (735x940, 426K)

Affinity.

Not really, it lags pretty bad. Input lag especially.

Attached: IMG_3265.webm (640x480, 1.45M)

Here's another one. How people can be okay with this is beyond me.

Attached: 1517866403039.webm (238x360, 2.91M)

Not an iFag but that's not the new iPad Pro. Also, every tablet has apps that don't run perfectly well on them. Let's be objective here.

>the longer you go, the slower it gets
Wow, it's almost like the marketing team that programmed for that piece of shit doesn't know how to make the fucking curves act like they're not one huge fucking object to process at every update.
>that's just a minor detail, nobody draws like that
It's a symptom of how shitty the Apple programmers are.

Pencil, paper and tracing paper.

Nope, that is. I liked how iOS looks but the lag was too much for me. Ended up getting a nuc, slapping it on the back my monitor (vesa mounted), and got me a wacom pad.

t. owned one and returned it due to nauseous input lag

Attached: 1517006646614.webm (640x360, 1.63M)

The new iPad Pro has slim black bezels all the way around and an A12X Bionic chip.

And yet it still lags. There's a reason actual professionals use wacom tablets (even cheap ones). Wish Apple would have put more effort into the 2018 nuc but when I heard about the soldered SSD and intel hd graphics I decided to slip the pointless waiting and got a nuc instead.

>2018 nuc
mac mini*

Use your favourite torrent tracker.

Do you actually have some reviews of artists bitching about it? Never read a negative word about the lag.

A lot of it comes from being used to certain workflows. The only complaint I heard from professional artists was, the pen being too thin, since they are obviously used to thicker wacom ones.

I would've went with an Intel NUC. I heard Mac Minis are shit.

2014 was definitely a flop and the new 2018 one doesn't even have an external power brick and it thinks it can cool a fucking i9. Apple is essentially duct taping random things together at this point and hoping for the best.

Gimp
Krita
MediBang Paint

Those are the 3 free pieces of software I can think of at the moment.

iToddler subhumans aren't people.

Gimp.

Or pirate Photoshop.

Enjoy your slow "computer".

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cubGFwdG9wbWFnLmNvbS9pbWFnZXMvdXBsb2Fkcy9wcHJlc3MvNDU3NDEvbHRwX3Bob3RvX2Fkb2JlX2xpZ2h0 (1920x1080, 143K)

Another fake video...

Microsoft is really desperate.

>HW encoding is faster
whoah, no way man

Nope, that's not even microshaft. Just a wacom tablet.

maybe ask your mom to buy it for you since you are obviously jobless.

>photo editing
>photo
>inkscape

Or maybe I just don't enjoy pissing my money down the drain.

Why the hell is i7 in XPS so slow?
Also these are numbers just with the A11X or?

Doesn't really excuse the huge gap.

retard

So let's assume he is jobless, how the fuck is he going to obtain the skills to get a job?

Is it really the right place for internal monologue?

Krita. It's not quite a dedicated photo editor and is somewhat more aimed at drawfags, but it does the job acceptably well. Not necessarily as well as photoshop though.

Oh you have no idea man, working with vectors is a godsend for raster image photo editing. Pic related was done with $5 mouse in under a minute. I can't do it well obviously but vectors are amazing if you can use them especially if you have stylus input.

Attached: image4564.png (1543x1327, 1.11M)

Affinity

Here's a better 2 minute job where you cut out the eyes and mouth from one image, paste then on the original and blur out the existing ones. With someone not brainlet like me inkscape is one hell of a raster image editor.

Attached: bitmap.png (321x432, 169K)

The free ones aren't good. Buy one specifically designed for the surface line of laptops. They supports features that other stuff doesn't, for instance the surface dial. The surface dial is configurable but its better when the application supports it natively. Along with pen tilt for the surface pen which is another feature a lot of free drawing programs don't support. There is a program specifically for drawing with the surface that is fairly economical.

Attached: image4598.png (321x432, 177K)

>Just got a Surface Pro.
ya goofed

holy shit I'm bored

Attached: image4599.png (321x432, 159K)

Green Is My Pepper

Attached: GIMP_Green_Is_My_Pepper._-_Imgur_-_Mozilla_Firefo_2018-11-05_23-29-58.png (217x225, 130K)

Attached: image18.png (612x526, 298K)

Attached: image19.png (612x526, 290K)

Congrats or buying a glorified sketch book, nigga. I bought one for the exact same thing and have barely used it for anything other than emails and typing. While it's better than some faggy ipad, the screen is just way too small to really manage the panels and drawing surface, you'll find your wrist crapping from the restrained motions. Get a stopper for the back too, if it's on a smooth surface it will move.

Attached: 1386795355308.gif (320x287, 982K)

Don't listen to this faggot, OP. Just get really good with adobe illustrate or inkscape if you're that poor. Vectorised art is the future anyway.

It works with illustrator, but you don't fucking draw with illustrator

Paintshop Pro is perfectly adequate and around $60.
DxO photolab or On1 Photo RAW work better if you actually take photos with a decent camera and want to edit them.

Note that they all try to leech money from you by trying to get you to buy yearly updates though.

This is either the use of a smoothing function in the app or the pen has a little bit higher smoothing delay than some other pens. ALL pens have a delay. They can be fairly accurate but not perfectly precise, and they're working with a discrete set of points in a grid so they all have jitter. To counteract this the pen firmware implements a delay between the point of measurement (the tip) and the input (in this case the line you see being drawn). The points polled during the delay are used to average out the positions so jitter is reduced.

For Windows you can actually buy a program that enables (if your input devices doesn't have it) or enhances it, it's called Lazy Nezumi and if you're an artist with a surface pro I would give it a try. It may help

>it's better than some faggy ipad
cope lol
shoulda got the ipad pro

>benchmarking a tablet with a phone OS versus actual computers

it was a consideration until i saw the GARBAGE apps for drawing it had.

Windows is for retards.

>drawing
grow up

>shitposting
give up

paint.NET

onions

inkscape most definitely but it's a little hard to git gud at but worth for the sweet sweet scalable vectors.

Attached: 1540837466686.gif (606x700, 89K)