/ag/&/am/: audio general & audiophile memes

What the fuck would this shit cost Edition
last thread

Attached: 1a9f811f_T2eC16RHJIYE9qUcOQSkBQkBgcNBHQ60_57.jpg (1024x683, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

positive-feedback.com/interviews/greg-timbers-jbl/
aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-TPA3118-PBTL-mono-digital-amplifier-board-1X60W-12V-24V-POWER-AMP/32693814915.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

forgot link interview with Greg Timbers who designed the JBL Everest DD65/6/7000
positive-feedback.com/interviews/greg-timbers-jbl/

Attached: JBL-Everest-DD67000-Lifestyle.jpg (2047x1484, 332K)

Hey 4367 guys, can one of you take a 3D scan of your horn, emphasis on the throat area?
I'm reversing the design and I need some detail on the "knuckles" to separate what's necessary vs. aesthetics.
gotta figure out that Sprinkle magic

any recommendations for a good entry level amp?

any chink fi really, SMSL, topping, etc. can be found for

aliexpress.com/item/1pcs-TPA3118-PBTL-mono-digital-amplifier-board-1X60W-12V-24V-POWER-AMP/32693814915.html

buy one for each channel you need and grab a 24v laptop brick to power them.

Way too many options out there.

Think of what types of speakers you want (type of speaker passive/ active and power requirements), sound set up (how they will be replaced in the room/ intended media source for audio such as PC, CD or Vinyl), etc and then you should be able to come up with requirements for what you need from an entry level amp (or any amp in general).

From there it is a mix of choosing between a new amp that does the job or a better amp (also does the job) from the second hand market (or find a cheap good buy in a flea market, etc).

What are the best speakers (monitors or bookshelves) under 500€ that look good? I'd like a modern look with a neutral color and no wood finish

Any chance at a social life.

that got shitty reviews and is old as the hills

guess good looks don't always translate to sound

>that one user who said nobody here has audiophile gear

Attached: 1507318447991.jpg (446x767, 68K)

I'm going to get these for my computer. What amp should I get? I'm going to use optical for the connection.

Attached: Capture.png (1071x717, 321K)

budget?

I'm a Rotel fan

Attached: rotel_a12_k.jpg (650x488, 25K)

I need some compact 2.0 speakers for the times I'm not using my headphones. What's decent for a cheap price and can fit in two palm size spaces because that's all the space I have.

user I know a dealer who might be able to get you a better price if you're interested

Those, equipment, and treated room,
somewhere in the low 6 digits.

Attached: Panasonic speakers.jpg (750x432, 40K)

Attached: Pioneer speakers.jpg (872x611, 88K)

yea one sec

Recommend a DIY plan for floorstanding loudspeakers that use Dayton/peerless/scanspeak or vifa drivers, would prefer sealed over ported over esoteric shit like telegraph line/horn loaded etc

sup faggots, i'm back from turkye vacation

Attached: 20181020_125125.jpg (3024x4032, 2.61M)

don't get klipsch, they suck. had these exact model, the sound is earraping, nothing about it sounds silky, get wharfedale diamond 225 instead if you want big speakers on the desk

>going to t*rkey