ITT: Lan parties

Just imagine how cool the only dude with a LCD felt

Attached: Lan.jpg (800x600, 470K)

i see two

also why did lan parties dissapear what the fuck this makes me angry.

Attached: 1531447212538.png (600x624, 342K)

>Just imagine how cool the only dude with a LCD felt

I noticed his lcd before I read your statement.
That guy got sex from at least 5 fat dudes that night. living the dream

where? pls im going blind, but imagine how those two felt

Cause you don't have friends anymore

They're still pretty popular in some third-world countries

quakecon gets a little bigger each year

>if Jow Forums was located in a single room

im waiting to finish my custom mini itx build to show off in quakecon

>tfw me (op) is from a 3rd world country and here if you use a PC a lot of normies look weird at you because now everyone only uses their phones

now that you mention it, i found more

Attached: lan.png (800x600, 1.12M)

Oldfag here.

LAN parties were the shit back in the day. I used to be big into UT2004 and my friends and I would all get our shit together and meet up at one friend's house who had the whole upstairs to himself, 4 or 5 of us up til 7am drinking Bawls and capping bitches.

I had built a custom case called LANtastic which was a gutted Gateway G6 microatx like pic related but stuffed with a top shelf Athlon XP build and Radeon 9600 Pro. Played UT2004 at 100fps ultra settings and had a Tornado fan in the back. Those were the days for sure.

If you aren't old enough to remember LAN parties, you missed out big time. I'm building my beige sleeper 2990WX Threadripper build for Quakecon next year.

Attached: GATEWAY-G6-350-VINTAGE-MINI-TOWER-PC-INTEL-PENTIUM.jpg (1600x1200, 273K)

why would you ever risk taking a 2990wx computer outdoors? you don't need that in a fucking lan party. a 2700x outperforms it in games.

because I fucking can, I do photoshop, Lightroom and CAD, and a little gaymen.

and it sits in this big ass thing I'll chop my dick off before I put anything with less than 16 cores in it, it has the 1950x now. Watercooled. It shreds AutoCAD 2014 and batch exports in Lightroom

t. richfag

Attached: 14316948_342730636067622_5847181421379374969_n.jpg (528x960, 35K)

I can smell the stink from here.

No they're not
t. Third world country connoisseur

>tfw no Jow Forums programming/fileshare hive

They didn't. I have one with my mates every couple years (8-12 people inc girls)

Respawn in Melbourne is held every 1-2 years and is pretty great with sponsors, competitions and numerous giveaways.
My mates and I don't go to it anymore cos we do our own, but they still exist.

Attached: Respawn28.jpg (2500x1667, 930K)

the world needs more beige cases

Attached: 1540321816076.jpg (1280x856, 117K)

We used to play Warcraft 3, UT99 and CoD in LAN,
the 2003 one. Jeeps were fun.
Shame people are gullible and got sucked into hollywood graphics and online gaming so it didn't really last long once DSL became widespread.

Comfy as fuck

First lan parties were shit, but then those 2004~2011 lan parties were actually pretty good. I was a poorfag back then and only got an XP laptop for a year or so, so I couldn't participate at all on them.
I live in a small island anyway, so there was only one group organizing lan parties. Now it's me who organizes them, usually from 12:00 to 17:00 or so. I organisme them on a place with pre-built Lenovo i5s, enought for most good lan party games like CS 1.6, L4D2, Halo CE and even some of these new games like lol or overwatch at low settings. Then the rest bring their PCs or laptops, and that retro friend with his W98 VN machine.

>dat ghosting
probably not very cool unless you wanted to show off hardware assisted "motion blur"

>bawls
good fucking memories, i havent seen a bottle in a while