/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 402472 headphones muku_(apupop) no_bra open_shirt thighhighs.jpg (1384x2048, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

alteclansing.com/product/sport-in-ear-earphones/
youtube.com/watch?v=2eNgksHo1-w
coolermaster.com/peripheral/audio/mh751/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

whos got the best clip on recommendations?
I would like to help you but I don't really know what this means

Attached: 1534052181422.png (422x309, 99K)

ooh wow thanks for the follow up homes

lyk dis senpai

Attached: clip on.jpg (425x298, 11K)

My cute girlfriend is so cute!

how do we solve the jewish problem in the headphone community?

Attached: 1491539103729.png (943x961, 235K)

Do I need a DAC and/or AMP for DT770 250 Ohm?

My motherboard is ASRock Z77 Extreme, thanks in advance.

by converting of course
if everyone is a jew, then no one is

koss kcs75

you don't need a DAC unless the noise floor is too high, you don't need an amp if your headphones get loud enough

Where are the anime girl feet?

Looking for a bluetooth in-ear with media control and mic for call answer. Pic is Altec Lansing Sport In-Ear Earphones - Black (MZX399-BLK)
alteclansing.com/product/sport-in-ear-earphones/
Comfy? Experience? what do you think? mainly for gym, loud place and disconnect from people, so no high quality needed, cheaper neither

Attached: null_1.jpg (330x520, 18K)

DAC, probably not.
Amp, probably. Onboard audio can be pretty weak, although I don't know if it varies between motherboards.

Have you guys tried these before?

Attached: image004.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 45K)

I share an apartment with my sister and she is nosy all the time, likes to sing outloud and watch Netflix really late.

What do?

Attached: 4343.jpg (480x700, 328K)

Post pics

rape her into submission

you already know what to do when a girl gets uppity

Attached: slapped.gif (384x216, 1.92M)

alright goys. I bought the 600 ohm dt880 instead of the 250 ohm like I was supposed to be a good boy and buy. my plan was just to throw these on a fiio q1 mark 2 balanced port relaying to me android. how fucked am I?

shoulda bought speakers

Attached: CA89783E-4527-43E2-9A4B-098C14B3B39A.jpg (1500x1486, 141K)

see

buy me speakers fagboi. dva is the Negev of overwatch

seriously tho is my over worried twink ass fucked

I need a headset in the USA to use on my gaming pc. I always end up breaking the fucking wires because im a retard. What is one with good construction that is wireless than I can buy once cry once with. I used to have a hyper x cloud and my current pair is a 20 dollar SADES brand from amazon china

Sennheiser headsets are based on their regular headphones, so you might want to check those out. I myself just got me regular headphones + cheap usb mic(since my motherboard audio is absolutely garbage)

youtube.com/watch?v=2eNgksHo1-w

Attached: 1537916969808.jpg (540x960, 43K)

Yes, I listen to it daily, sounds good.

these portapros are actually pretty fucking good sound for the money. they look retarded and they're super uncomfortable though.

*sips*
Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1518315268365.png (1920x1280, 821K)

Get her HD600.

good headphone for 200€ max?
for
>playing guitar (mostly rock/prog metal)
>recording guitar
>mixing

thanks

Last thread user recommended me to take a look at Final Audio E3000, and I really like what I'm seeing, so I think I'm going to grab a pair.

Any reason why I shouldn't?

Attached: 304_ext_01_en_0.jpg (1366x800, 167K)

This is a pic of an unreleased coolermaster gayman headset.
It looks a lot like the Takstar Pro 82. I wonder if they're doing what kingston did with the takstar pro 80/hyperx cloud?
If they are it could result in cheaper pro 82's

Attached: takstarpro82-oem.png (1176x604, 169K)

Unless you can spend more for their nicer models or some $150 chinkshit then no go for it. final is a pretty good company and they look like tiny single BA/DD iems so they should weigh nothing and be really easy to use.
Another option are the tin t2 which have a detachable cable and a fancy cable
I personally want a e5000

I have some M50x's plugged into the back of my computer audio jack.

I am looking to get a dac/amp that wont cost me a huge amount.

FiiO E10k?
Or should I look into something else?

Also, what would be the next headphones to get after the 50x's?

Attached: DqU1F1qV4AEZKKt .jpg (2048x2048, 586K)

i wanna do an ahegao face too but its too difficult :(

he 500

Yeah I was looking at the tin t2 but comfort is a big thing for me and the E3000 look way better in that regard.

Price point is also perfect for something I'm going to be taking on the go and risking damage/losing/stealing. The higher end ones look nice but it's quite a difference in price, e4000 is twice as much, and e5000 twice that.

It's also easier to justify upgrading down the line if I don't spend too much now. I think I'm going to go for it.

HD600.

I can get this boy new for around 160$.
Should I get this or hd600?

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 5K)

Nah, m50x is way more different.

/o\

i've got $400. i'd like good bass, circumaural style, and noise cancellation is a must. i don't care if i need an amp or not.
can someone max this out?

Beats Studio3 Wireless

>noise cancellation is a must
kill yourself

buy an headphone that isolate well, noise cancelling is a meme

Is Yggdrasil the final solution?

Attached: 09980A08-B637-432D-B409-A1498E9F30E9.jpg (1497x2048, 170K)

I'm getting a package with some nice IEMs later today, should I make an unboxing thread or would nobody care?

Attached: 20181102_132033.jpg (679x973, 361K)

do it coward

y/n on the Fostex TR-X00's?

>beats
go away tyrone.

Attached: 1382807897604.png (459x398, 380K)

Lol some user making actual content? That's the ultimate big gay

Attached: received_2158595244407321.jpg (1224x1632, 114K)

A soft y, p.good for price

Why is this man shilled so much in /hpg/?

Attached: 1524643783799.jpg (6000x3376, 2.24M)

Sony MX3 obviously

>Budget
200 yurobucks
>Location
EU
>Source
Desktop + DAC-X6
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
High
>Past headphones
AKG K240 Studio

I liked my K240's but I'd like my next headphones to have a bit more bass.

Just save bit more for HD600

Stretch budget to fit HD600. It's much better value than anything you could buy at 200 sharp.

Not him, but is a dac-x6 good enough to run the hd600? I thought it wasn't powerful/good enough.

It should be enough to drive it to listeneable levels, and you can swap out the supplied dc psu to more powerful one too.

it depends on what he like. would you really suggest a flat ass hd600 to a person who listen something like hip hop or edm? fucking shills.

Attached: OUXlhz5.png (452x378, 169K)

But hd600 has bass!!!

(Except not really)

You do realize he wanted bit more bass than AKG K240's recessed bass? Bass isn't binary state.

stupid ugly retard anime looks like shit fix it

I got a matched pair of th900 drivers for $150. What should I do about the housing?
I found this housing it takes 50mm drivers and is semi open
I'm not affraid to damp the driver if I have to or limit/increase air flow.
Also it has the drivers in the front of the ear cup like the beyer t1 does.
Any better ideas for the housing?

Attached: semiopen-tilteddriver.png (450x444, 151K)

find someone selling a defective thx00, or other similar fostex cans and use them for the transplant.

Takstar pro 82 now including a detachable microphone for $80
coolermaster.com/peripheral/audio/mh751/

Damn it looks better than the actual pro 82

I was ready to call you a faggot and to gas yourself but after looking at it you're right

The Takstar army grows ever larger.

Attached: 0B1D5B05-C07D-4F65-A053-952BBFC308CA.png (640x351, 232K)

gas yourself faggot

It actually will. This will replace the hyperx cloud(which is a takstar pro 80) as the headphone to shill to gamers because its actually good. Not that the cloud was good I hated mine

>Idol trash
Reminds you all to buy AMD stock while you still can.
Gotta invest to be able to affort all these headphones.

Attached: 1540538325081.png (360x204, 34K)

>(((Idol Trash)))

Attached: 1521855144296.jpg (960x830, 90K)

Why would you trash a perfectly good kinden b7 just to put closed earphone drivers in them?
They are way too nice to be fucked with.

If you do proceed however the housing is an on ear design. It is however of sublime quality and made of real wood. The driver mount is angled too so expect a nice soundstage.

What's the total cost?

Th900 is NOT closed it is semi open just like the thx00.
The th909 is an even more open variant.
I'm buying just the housing either way not the whole headphone.
TH900 is a $1200 headphone and the TH909 is a $1800 headphone. A $80 housing is probably too cheap even.
I considered this but all I could find was an endless amount of snapped off ear cups so fuck that housing

Are you sure that one is on ear? That's a deal breaker even if it is the ideal housing for a th909 rip off.
Do you know if pic rel is over ear? I can just add vents myself with a drill.

Attached: bosshifi_b8_stereo_wooden_overear_black_mahogany_earphone_headphone_headset_1531135387_050496ba.jpg (640x640, 33K)

the b7 is on ear they are almost half the size of the b8. the b8 is over ear.

they are circum-capable but you need to change the pads. The opening is way to small on the b7.

So I'm pulling the trigger on Little Dot Mk2. Going to use it with AKG K702, and was kinda wondering is there any decent resource to learn about how different tubes are going to affect the sound? Does anyone have any first-hand experiences with different tubes?

>Does anyone have any first-hand experiences with different tubes?
used to have the LDII and tried different tubes. couldn't hear a difference stock from solid state, couldn't hear a difference when switching tubes.

thought I did, a/bing for hours I realized it was just placebo

For out of curiosity what headphones did you use? Since from what I understand, in general tubes aren't as capable of clean output like solid-state due to nature of technology, which (at least in theory) should have an effect to output signal.

I don't remember it was a long time ago, I tested a lot. you are most likely buying snake oil

Fuck you she's super cute

Eh, with these headphones I want a headphone amp anyway and kinda wanted something different. At least I good to know beforehand that tube differences are really that small/minimal.

>At least I good to know beforehand that tube differences are really that small/minimal.
no, it's more likely that there is zero difference and your ears are deceiving you

Well, by small/minimal I meant something that'd be only noticeable through oscilloscope. Can't say anything about the subject myself, since I don't even have the unit yet. Anyway thanks for input on this matter.

Want to get new headphones. Budget is less than 200. I've been using PortaPros for like 6 years and got a Fiio E10k some time ago. Thinking of DT 990. I like the idea of an open back and I don't really care about bass or noise cancellation.

Attached: 34567245386.jpg (650x650, 43K)

Impregnate

Whats a good AMP/DAC for the Takstar Pro 82?
Also what do the sliders on them do

hd6xx hd58x he4xx beyers are treble rape for boomers

The sliders are for opening and closing the bass ports (closed = more bass).
As far as dac/amps go check something like SMSL M3, Micca Origen+ or FX-Audio DAC-X6

How do i stop chasing the dragon?
I already have stax but find myself wanting headphones with different sound signatures
I don't even listen to music that much

which stax

L300LE, tried the omegas before but liked these more

good AMP/DAC for Takstar Pro 82?
also what do the sliders on it do?

>Second fucking pair of beyer DTs have the wire break off from the driver, always the left ear
No I don't have the wire tugging or pulling, it just fucking breaks on its own I guess.

>hear quiet noise in left channel after plugging cans into laptop and phone
>happens both on HD569 and Xiaomeme iems
>noise volume stays the same all the time
literally what
What do I do with this? Will external dac remove the noise?

Attached: sufm144i8yv11.jpg (713x881, 35K)

Sliders increase bass by opening
No amp or DAC needed

welcome to hifi hell, aka just a more expensive midfi hell. try an atticus or 007 for a dark complement

Removable cable mod