JUST

JUST

Attached: 1541486575451.png (701x701, 330K)

DELET

Attached: 6E8EAF17-BDCE-4624-AB36-35098F25D812.jpg (2048x2048, 407K)

Attached: E73B68139B284103A4D775D4960ED86F.jpg (2048x2048, 195K)

This can't be real

this isn't even the extent of the justing, the pixel 2 screen is also wider at the top than the bottom

Leaked iPhone XSL picture

This notch meme has to end.

Attached: 802271.jpg (660x453, 77K)

old as fuck and bug already fixed, go back

Just cut my screen up

Attached: spike.jpg (142x143, 9K)

I havent paid attention to mobile industry in years, what the fuck is this shit

Attached: big boy.gif (375x250, 633K)

Notches. Last year, Apple made the 'edge to edge display' the hot thing with the iPhone X, but right now there's certain parts of the phone you simply cannot put under the screen or around the back. Things like the speaker, sensor arrays and the front-facing camera. So instead they cut a divot out of the top of the screen to fit it but still give the impression of the whole device being screen. OP's image specifically is a bug on Google's current flagship phone where it basically seems to be misapplying an overlay that's meant to line up with the physical notch and rounded corners, presumably for screenshots.

Marketing people want a bigger number for screen area, so they tell design people to do retarded things.

Jesus christ

Attached: images.jpg (229x220, 5K)

Wait until you see the chinkshit phones with actuated, motorized hidden camera pods.

Funny thing is people fell for it hook line and sinker, even on Jow Forums,
People would rather have a notch than a normal looking phone if it means not having "unsightly bezels" when a few years ago phone with those "unsightly bezels" where completely fine on a device like a galaxy s5 or something

Xperia XZP master race.

I don't know if I'm too old or too intelligent for this shit but since when is an "unsightly bezel" worse than a fucking notch?
How is a notch that completely breaks the lines of the screen in any way, shape or form acceptable?

>muh screenspace
literally kys

Attached: 14f0969c27c2ed77744c73239216ea73.jpg (970x647, 305K)

Here is a good example
the iPhone SE was completely fine design wise when it came out, now in a year later review it gets a ding because its not like an iPhone X with a fucked up screen

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (746x216, 16K)

The notches wouldn't even be that bad if it was just for the clock and pulldown shit.

How hard is it to disable the notch in firrmware when in landscape or fullscreen apps like veiwing photos?

They're so fucking stupid. Everyone is imprinted like baby ducks to follow apple, and Apple is now a chicken without it's head. This is a shitshow.

I use a s7 active

4000 mah bat and a huge bulky case with reinforced edges. I could use my phone as a projectile and be fine.

Why do macfags have objectively shitty taste in hardware? Is this being a "cuck" like pol told me?

steve jobs 2 told them it was trendy and hip and they believed him

This industry just wont stop until phones are 100% screen on the front, wont they.

Goddamn that notch is fucking hideous. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't extend down past the fucking notification bar. What's was the point?

We have phones with giant LCDs on the back now too. They won't stop until the entire phone is 100% screen.

Attached: Nubia_X_1.jpg (729x764, 66K)

>drop phone
>have to buy a new phone
apple was playing us all from the start

Let me guess
>3500 mah battery

you can replace a screen without buying a new phone you clown

They sure as shit are not making it easy to do so with phones being nothing but glass and glue

>3800

but what do you do if phone ≡ screen?
itoddlers btfo

How does the back screen look so transparent?
Can it display black at all?

what were they thinking? Jesus

It's probably peering through the phone's glass back. As to what it can display... don't think it really matters. It's just there to facilitate using the camera pod for selfies.

God, those coloured bezels look fucking hot

If Sony's good at one thing it's industrial design. The current Xperias in particular are great examples of how to make a phone look like sex without overdoing the aesthetics.

>screen has random oles and bolts

>all that space
>not used by physical buttons
lel

this, i hate software buttons

ANTODDLERS BTFO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: image.jpg (500x491, 368K)

My favorite design is still the classic Samsung one with a home button. Still rocking a GN3 and I'm happy with it. People overthink cellphones. They're not even that important

>overheats
heh nothing personnel kid

Based and redpilled. I'm not going to switch from my SGS7 anytime soon judging by current trends in smartphones.

I actually don't mind the idea of a notch since it doesn't do any harm (until it breaks software) but I would value a display with a notch the same as a display with a corresponding bezel.