>4K UltraHD with 120Hz
>That 50GB BD remux of a two hour movie
>HDR
>60 FPS bro
>Direct sound passthrough LMAO
>HDMI 2.1
>H.265 hardware acceleration
>8K is already here hahaha

There is only one thing I feel worth mentioning: I have a 720p TV and I tried watching actual 720p rips of high quality and most basic 400p avis and guess what - no difference! So if I bought an 1080p device I'd be shilling for that shit all day cuz I just overpaid but in all honesty is 400p vs 4k even noticeable? I would expect people presented with video of both resolutions to fail identifying which one is higher, just like hardcore fans cannot distinguish between Pepsi and Cola IRL.

Attached: fullHD.jpg (350x289, 35K)

at least you tried

Go to a local best buy and see for your self

720p on 40"+ is gonna look like ass

Diminishing returns. I can definitely tell 720p from 1080p but not 1080p from 2160p. Same with 30 from 60 and 60 from 120.

>but not 1080p from 2160p.
Of course you can't, there's no 2160p content atm, only upscaled from 1080p.

No doubt, but that is marketing, they'll just play worse video on 720p to trick people into buying higher end product. Honestly would do the same cuz business is about getting bucks right?

exactly
all about distance between eyes-screen

Attached: 5e294ecd362e9c2823bcdb4e0856abe6b73c32defcac784a8252861971e0cad4.jpg (976x597, 177K)

>Dude 10 bit color encoding LMAO
>60 FPS bro
>H.265 hardware acceleration
Nothing wrong with those.

anything above 80x24 characters its bloated

Attached: DEC_VT100_terminal.jpg (2776x2464, 1.99M)

This is some more subtle bait. Take notes, OP.

try getting some spectacles.

>no 2160p content atm
fucking retard 2160p is 4k and there is plenty of content for 4k

>80x24

Attached: 1522885827917.jpg (425x320, 22K)

Bro I know that is 4k and also the fact: all content is upscaled. You can turn any 1080p or 720p or 400p into 4k with some ffmpeg "magic"

(You)

>plenty of content
10% of shows and even fewer movies

also
>watching content only because it's 4k
>I don't even like snooker but it's 4K MAN!
Talk about a bugman.

10bit a shit. 12bit is where it's at nigga. 10bit still exhibits banding.

>he hasn't watched emma watson aging gracefully in 4k during the Harry Potter octology

>watching/reading that garbage
>ever
>costanza-with-a-bat.gif

What encoders to use for proper 12-bit encoding though? x265 is shit at it.

All i can say to you op is remux videos of japanese animation looks incredible on my 32 inch 1080p A-IPS.
I sit pretty close to it so I dont need bigger but let me tell you Redline was the movie that convinced me that high rez and better color is the future.
It was absolutely breathtaking.

>I'm poor jealous troll: the thread

>32 inch 1080p
>I sit pretty close
Yeah I'm pretty sure that you can't actually tell whether something looks good or not. Sorry to hear about your blindness

actually im in japan and my place is quite small
so w/e

at first I laughed and was amused at your post, thinking this is probably the best bait ever made in history, but then you wrote
>but in all honesty is 400p vs 4k even noticeable
and first I laughed out loud, but then I felt disgusted with how shitty this bait really is

Attached: 1513433474759.png (625x626, 38K)

>Harry potter
>4k
>A movie started in early 2000
What could it be if not the upscale?

(you)

Stop bullying little Harry please.
First 3 films were actually comfy and the books weren't that bad. Most people who shit on them want to pretend they're muh adult and contrarian to the mainstream and fail to realize there are prolly very few more mainstream things than bashing harry potter.

harry is a gay little, stupid faggot
we all watched just because we wanted to pound hermoine into oblivion, and you know it

>What could it be if not the upscale?
I was going to say a remaster but then I realized it's all CGI and green screen.

>Most people who shit on them want to pretend they're muh adult and contrarian to the mainstream and fail to realize there are prolly very few more mainstream things than bashing harry potter.
I'm not trying to be edgy, I've never seen or read any of them. I just didn't see the appeal in a scrawny, beta faggot escaping into a closeted world of (((wonder))) and (((fantasy))).

>Netflix
>Content
Choose one

Well, technically speaking, content targeted for 14-year-old girls is still content.

>What could it be if not the upscale?
They were shot on film, meaning you can just scan the orginal film with higher resolution. 35mm can have the equivalent of up to 6K resolution.

Anime is mastered sub 2k so who cares.
It's cheap garbage that will be wholly cgi in a few more years.
The history of the artform since the switch to digital has been "how do we crank out shows faster" and you're seeing the answer progressively illuminated year after year. The answer of course being "excise human hands".
The problem isn't the technology per se but when the central premise driving technological adoption is speed then you reap what you sow. If the question people were asking themselves after the digital transition was "how can we create things impossible to shoot on film" we'd have a very different landscape created by the same technological transition.

>I tried watching actual 720p rips of high quality and most basic 400p avis and guess what - no difference!
consider having your eyesight checked

>books weren't that bad
never watched the movies, but dropped the first book after 200 pages when I was 11 because of how shitty and erratic her writing is, even the translation to french couldn't mask that
Eragon is a more memorable series than those pieces of trash, and Eragon sucks cock
The most memorable books from my childhood have to be the Chronicles of Narnia, those were the shit

Attached: 1541339884088-g.png (567x567, 196K)

You might need to see an optometrists

If it was shot with real film you just convert it at a higher resolution. That's why you can download films from 1950 in HD.

>french
Well there's your problem.

That was the question the users were asking. "How can it be faster" was the question their bosses were asking.