You woke up one day as the CEO of Applel

You woke up one day as the CEO of Applel

How will you fix the company and it's products

Attached: you.png (1200x630, 285K)

Kill it on the spot and start from scratch.

Axe MacOS for Arch

By not doubling the price of a refreshed Mac Mini to price people into buying iOS products.
Because clearly iPad isn't going to be the future for a lot of users and making Macs prohibitively expensive for no reason isn't going to change that.

>applel os x gets officially pc support
>macbook pro gets thicker and with more ports and generally gets better to use for the "pro" industry
>investing more money in customer problems and helping the repair industry out, so people are loving them again
>making ios open source
>pushing ios and applel ecosystem more with entry level iphones, because apperently people are too stupid to buy used ones that are cheap
Trillion dollar company, did you forget?They are still the smartest in the tech company ever in terms of selling shit, these are the only things they could do to make even more money

>Rebrand company to Orange
>remove notch
>readd headphone jack
>add sd card slot to iPhone
>open source the cocoa framework and switch macOS to the Linux kernel
>sell phone processors to third parties
>stop being anti right to repair

>Because clearly iPad isn't going to be the future for a lot of users
Only because of Apple's own choice. Its hardware is more than capable of cannibalizing the MacBook and MacBook Air. It's just held back by Apple's artificial limitations on iOS.

Open source MacOS and iOS. Let iPhones and iPads run the latest Android and custom Linux installations.Make a built-in jailbreak. Bring back the headphone jack and axe the notch. Stop making fanless Macbooks.

>switches to linux
>lose the professional market from bad drivers
The point of Mac OS is that it's not open source so you don't have amateur developers shitting up the kernel.

So target Apple products towards people who won't buy their products out of prinicipal by abandoning what makes them a hit with their current audience?

Well I imagine Apple don't want to find themselves in a Windows RT position where it looks like macOS, it feels like macOS but brother it ain't macOS.

Current crapple audience doesn't even know what the term open source means.

I change nothing, there are plenty of idiots that would still buy aplel products.

Don't forget to annually increase the price.

So? They wouldn't really benefit from macOS being open source anyway, just like 99% of Linux users.

For people who use computers as an appliance then having a tight and well integrated OS is more important than being able to have a variety of distrobutions that are all broken in different ways but *at least* you can fix them if you happen to have a university education in OS design and engineering.

close it down and take the money

Wash my mouth, okei, let's support vulkan

> Remove the notch shit
> iPhone 2019 will follow the design guide lines from iPhone 4
> Reduce the number of different screens (this was the number one pattern i loved about Apple dev ecosystem
> Products are thin enough, let's make them be more usable getting better batteries
> macbook pro and macbook air both with 6 ports of usb c
> dark mode on iOS
> Rework tvOS feature to be a behavior/mode on macmini ans macbooks
> stop developing watchOS
> Introduce retro mode (both retro dark mode)
> but the breaks on Swift releases to be more like a Java like releases
> last but not less important stop this madness we launch new products every 2 years. Should be enough time to people finish paying the new products.

ITT: "my use case is everyone else's use case"
This is why you myopic autists in engineering never get promoted to the important positions.

Attached: download.jpg (600x418, 27K)

This
>I would destroy Apple by abandoning its current customers just so I can debate people on Jow Forums that my choice of Mac OS distro is better than theirs.

This is why Jow Forums isn't a proper tech board.

stop being a faggot

I will release a desktop computer, a really powerful one,one you can repair and does not cook itself to death, meant for all those people that use my machines for actual work.
Cool looking because i'm fucking apple, and an insane upgrade path that ends with a dual EPYC board.

Collab with Kanye for a line of Apple-branded apparel and lifestyle accessories

seething iPoojeet

Wrong. The driver quality of important drivers (e.g. graphics) is the same.
Linux supports way more hardware; even if less common drivers are not great quality, it's better than no support.
CPU features are actually better engineered in Linux than macOS

I would fire that faggot David Smith in the Foundation team.

- Kill the 12-inch MacBook and MacBook Air. Rename MacBook Pro to just MacBook. If anyone wants a 12-inch MacBook-like device (for more casual use), they can use iPad Pro.
- Kill the regular 9-inch fuck ugly iPad and rename iPad Pro to just iPad.
- Basically kill the word "Pro" in everything. I want my company's name alone to imply professional use. Instead of creating consumer and professional tiers, let's just make devices that are good for everything.
- Kill the Smart Keyboard Folio. The virtual keyboard on iPad is actually good enough to use, maybe even better. And the Smart Keyboard just adds too many problems to be useful and is way too expensive anyhow. The whole point of iPad was to drop the keyboard and mouse, so let's do that.
- Bring the Touch Bar to everything with a keyboard, including the Magic Keyboard itself. The reason third party developers refuse to support it is because of the general consensus that it's just a gimmicky little fringe feature that'll be gone by next year. We want to prove to them that that isn't the case and that we're dead serious about this.
- Kill Touch ID for good. Use Face ID for nearly everything.
- Kill the iPhone XR. It's ugly and comes with compromises. We don't make ugly products and we don't do compromises.
- Work on getting Apple Pencil latency down to near-zero.
- Work on bringing 3D Touch to iPad.
- Bring out AirPower if it kills us.
- Put Thunderbolt 3 on iPad and iPhone.

Basically my goal is to bring consistency and minimalism to our product line. That's about it for now.

Oh, also, I'd kill Apple TV and replace it with something more Chromecast-like. Something with a nearly invisible user experience, no menus to dive through, no apps, no complications.

damn you would made it even worse

>How will you fix the company and it's products
give all intellectual property to the EFF
liquidate company

Fuck entry-level products, amirite?

Give Stallman authority over software development.

>fixing the most successful company
Yeah, no.

They do need to create a cleaner product line up, and get a lot more professional software on iOS though, plus making some iOS desktop mode for iPad Pro, so it could replace a laptop. And then once iOS has the software support, they can tell Intel to eat dick.

They also need to step up their media game. Exclusive deals with artists and shows. ALSO it might be worth to look into gaymer stuff and adding a gamepad to Apple TV. Gaymers are the best milking demographics, the only tricky part would be to win them without affecting the premium brand.

>If anyone wants a 12-inch MacBook-like device (for more casual use), they can use iPad Pro.
They are nothing alike. If anything, the new Air is a waste of space, since it's basically a castrated Pro that is barely any smaller or cheaper.

>I want my company's name alone to imply professional use.
That'd mean raising the prices further, since professionals don't give too many fucks. But at the same time, you need to reach the normal consumer for actual growth. Productname + Productname Pro is by far the best approach. It's the Air tag that doesn't make any sense anymore.

> answers ITT

Attached: image.jpg (500x806, 468K)

>Price drops of 30% across all products and services
>axe iPod
>axe MacBook axe
>axe 4K iMac
>axe the whole MacBook Pro lineup and replace it with a MacBook Pro that has the pre butterfly keyboard, Touch ID and no Touch Bar and no fucking dual core CPU’s
>50GB iCloud storage is now the free tier
>axe lightning and replace it with thunderbolt 3 over usb-c
>open up nfc on iOS devices
>ad mouse support to iOS
And so on and so forth.
I will not stay CEO for long but it will be a glorious few years for sheeple

continue milking normies

I'd buy that

The absolute state of freetard, pulse audio says hello.

Make Apple dildos.
All their customers are fags anyway so it's untapped potential.

I ditch everything except the core product lines. Move all products to the super super A13 Pro DX chip, and make it so the traditional mac environment is basically a space within an iOS environment.

Also would remove the ridiculous developer program requirement for developing iOS apps and allow people to grab apps from less trusted sources at their own risk.

> usb-c on everything

Mac
> Ryzen options
> drop the memebar
> everything is modular and repairable
> create a new modular GPU standard
> Thinkpad/Surface Book tier keyboard
> sell parts online, like displays, case, keyboard, etc. You could build a macbook yourself.
> OLED Displays

iOS Devices:
> display output on any aspect ratio through usb-c
> encourage the use of wireless controllers for games
> support for mouse/trackpad input
> iBook: ARM laptop that runs iOS
> every iPhone or iPad comes with airpods
> Xcode

Also, price drops everywhere (within reason)

Attached: 1520712049095.jpg (1300x867, 200K)

Not him, but I've literally never had a problem with pulseaudio and I don't get the meme.

everyone ITT forgot about Darwin. apple already tried open source and it flopped hard

invest in space exploration, energy company, memory chip company
continue to fuck in ass new and old customers with new patented ways

apple could legit take the desktop market for itself like this

>I am suddenly Tim Cook Checklist:
>ditch the notch, actively mock companies that followed our decision
>redesign the internals of the iMac and macbook lineup
>make out with louis rossman instead of fucking him
>allow AASP's to stock parts
>sell spare parts
>stop trying to make shit slimmer, it's slim enough
>stop sucking cock

Shit out a super broken update to all devices first tho

Not hard, actually listen to the customer. Continue to attempt innovation while still making products that actually satisfy the needs of the customer

Design the products to be user repairable and upgradable, and durable and reliable. You could probably do all that and still afford to reduce the ridiculous prices that they sell their current chinese shit for, so I guess I would reduce the prices too

By watching their sales, every company listens to customers. Maybe most just don't agree with you, man?

>Linux supports way more hardware
That's the problem, think of linux as the red mage from final fantasy, able to fulfill any role but master of none. Think of MacOS as the white mage, good at a single role, but absolute shit at everything else. Apple has had to deal with basically the exact same hardware and OS for more than a decade, they know exactly how well a macbook works, what makes it tick. This is actually the reason why they don't deal with Nvidia, they didn't let them bypass the drivers for their gpus(unlike AMD). I'll admit that their product longevity is shit, but their drivers are top notch, and their productivity software is very good as well.

I'd kill myself because I'd be a faggot.

More notches

Attached: mpvshot0001.png (710x569, 717K)

I was talking about the 12-inch standard MacBook, not the MacBook Air (which is 13").

The standard, fanless MacBook is thinner, lighter and cheaper than the MacBook Air but not powerful enough for basic tasks, so iPad would actually be a better option for most things.

Attached: macbook 12-inch.jpg (936x527, 47K)

>ok so kill everything and put mice on iOS for no reason
nice strategy

>That'd mean raising the prices further, since professionals don't give too many fucks.
Not necessarily. You wouldn't have to market your products as primarily 'pro'-focused, but rather keep everything the same price and market your devices as good for all tasks and user bases.

Ditch iOS and OSX
Install Gentoo

Attached: HeroJojoshII.jpg (101x93, 10K)

I know but you're wrong. All premium Intel chips from m3 to i7 that are 5-15W are basically the same shit, and more powerful than 90% of people will ever need. The only difference between the 12" and any Air is cooling, since Air has active one, it will be able to do constant workloads for longer at max speed.

Now the new MBP is actually different from most ultraportables, since it has a 28W quad core, while the weight and battery life and price are pretty close to the new Air.

12" MacBook has it's own niche due the size/weight that STILL no laptop can really hit. iPad doesn't have a real OS yet, so it's irrelevant for now.

>Kill it on the spot
/thread

Kill myself because Im a faggot

That is neat af nigga

Spend $50B and invite every apple user and employee to Cupertino for a special event inside the ring at One Infinite Loo. Gas them.

Attached: 1517532235414.jpg (704x904, 138K)

>keep everything the same price and market your devices as good for all tasks and user bases
That's what others try, and utterly fail at.

Spend our cash on hand to clone Steve Jobs and re-train him to be the youngest CEO in existence.

>bring this back like the fury of a thousand suns!
>singlehandedly build it on RISC-V for the memes
>bring back local storage and security, fighting the botnet cloud
>haters and CIA niggers will FUD, but you know I don't care
>Step up in this motherfucker just a-swangin' my hair
>Looked at my kingdom, I was finally there
>To sit on my throne as the Prince and Apple heir.

Attached: ginfinity.jpg (1280x1532, 328K)

Nice try, not going to save your ass

>Implying a trillion dollar company needs fixing
If Apple was broken they wouldn't be where they are now.

Reassign everyone working on OS X to work on Arch.

Open source everything
apology for selling data
apology for cheating at benchmark
bring back upgradable (upgrade to buy from apple hardware store, I'm not crazy)

But the kernel in macOS IS open source. And being opens source does not mean you have to accept pull requests from anyone.
The quality of Apple shills really went down lately. Did they stop paying you a decent wage?

Attached: macshills.jpg (4500x3000, 1.6M)