Hackintosh

Name a more despised community. You can't.
>hated by actual mac owners because they feel threatened that someone is running their oh-so-precious OS on a beat up 200$ laptop they found on a thrift shop
>hated by linux users since many of them hate mac
>hated by windows users because, like most linux users, they also hate mac
>hated by hackintosh users themselves because of the way noobs flock towards more experienced users and tend to harass them with tons of questions all the time because they can't do anything on their own

Attached: hackintosh.png (900x1066, 904K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@twister.mr/installing-macos-to-virtualbox-1fcc5cf22801
github.com/img2tab/okiomov
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_philosophy#Rule_of_Modularity
opensource.apple.com/release/macos-10136.html
0xcc.re/building-xnu-kernel-macosx-sierrra-10-12-x/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Name a more despised community.
Jow Forums

It's just pointless.

The point of buying a new BMW is getting the nice car that works and has power and a nice interior and not having to fuck with it, if you are endlessly fucking with it it defeats the purpose.

like trying to make a toyota into a bmw

>hated by actual mac owners because they feel threatened that someone is running their oh-so-precious OS
No?

Linux users hate everything, especially you.

Who cares what degenerate windows mouthbreathers think?

>hated by hackintosh users themselves because of the way noobs flock towards more experienced users
Except it's the opposite, if you're stuck check out the hackintosh Discord and don't mention Multibeast or you'll get sperged on.

Overall you sound like a massive faggot, bet you tried to run one and failed like the failure you are OP, meanwhile I'll be running stable macOS for 4 years without any problems.

>reddit spaces

Well, all the hate towards them is not really their fault, so what does it say about the haters?
Haters gonna hate, user, you should remember that.

Not to mention, single OS plebs (and fanboys) should be ignored.

>haters
*sucks dicks*
>gonna
*has anonymous sex*
>hate
*leaks out of his ass and has various STI*

Yes, i like your argument, now shut your pie hole if you have nothing to say. Not even this guy

I've quite literally never seen someone hate on hackintosh since there are so few that even run it and are not even really vocal about it. It would be like sperging out on someone running Amega 4.x

The point is to run the OS on hardware that is not an overpriced, underspecced, fabergé egg.
Literally the only thing Mac hardware has going for it is the battery life and screens on their laptops, everything else is garbage.

>Can't make a hackintosh
>Calls reddit on others
lmao @ ur life f a m

Linux if for trannies, by trannies

I'm an actual Mac owner, and Hackintoshs are absolutely based.
even back when I mostly used GNU/Linux, I didn't hate on them.

Hackintosh is a based redpilled system if you can be bothered setting it up

Also unlike Linux it’s actually Unix

No hate from me

>it's actually unix
It's further from the philosophy than systemd

I don't hate on them... In fact, eventually I'll make my own in a VM eventually so that I can develop iOS apps instead of just Android. The primary issue being that I need a Mac already to get the iso.

You can torrent mac isos no problem.

CUZ FUCK READABLE FORMATTING, AMIRITE?

You must go back

Attached: 1538156453913.png (600x842, 142K)

Do you have a trustworthy link/checksum?

It'd be nice if it was a better OS overall. I got it working without much trouble at all on my computer. There's just some software that runs 20 times better on both Windows AND Loonix. That puts it at a disadvantage. I like some of its features though.

>I'll make my own in a VM
macOS in virtual machines is dog slow because the GUI relies on hardware acceleration

>What is VGA passthrough

Needs a 2nd GPU
So you need more RAM, a 2nd GPU and more CPU cores than usual
At that point why not just install macOS on a used office PC?

Power

Attached: .jpg (864x486, 67K)

t. poorfag

Who cares what the point is if that point is never actually accomplished?
is completely accurate because hackintosh's are *not* like using OS X only on cheaper hardware.

just download a premade vmware disk to download macos from

>BMW
>not having to fuck with it
wew

>needing a Hackintosh

Get on my level plebians.

Attached: neofetch-2018-11-06-07-35-04-9589.png (1360x768, 1.06M)

dont be a pussy

apple's launchd is basically the original systemd

It's spelled "plebeians".

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1515741333742.gif (500x284, 1.75M)

Suck my dick Rome nigger

>Jow Forums > Jow Forums > /b/ >Jow Forums

How do I hackintosh on 230x Thinkpad?

seconded

Gamers.

Actually it's more like
Furries > Bronies > Undertale/FNAF/Whatever the fuck > Weebs > Gamers

I'm pretty sure that's what he's mening

Another day, another unsuccessful car analogy on Jow Forums, business as usual

reddit

everybody here is at least one of those things

all boards > /b/ > Jow Forums > /lgbt/ > /b/s/fur/ > Jow Forums

/b/ > Jow Forums > /v/

>hated by actual mac owners because they feel threatened that someone is running their oh-so-precious OS on a beat up 200$ laptop they found on a thrift shop

no, most of them don't care

no most of them don't care

no most of them dont care

>hated by hackintosh users themselves because of the way noobs flock towards more experienced users and tend to harass them with tons of questions all the time because they can't do anything on their own

no most of them don't care

> playing pretend and posting about it
why are you imagining people being upset in your head and then posting about it? you sound like a gigantic faggot

>caring about what others think about you
>thinking everyone hates you
You have issues.

>/b/s/fur
Not including /mlpol/...

What a terrible analogy.

Attached: shbrrj1msbads7zzspmr.jpg (800x450, 97K)

>try to make a hackintosh
>didn't follow any guidelines
>no drivers work
>ask experienced user for help
>they tell you that you bought the wrong parts and they can't help you
>go to Jow Forums to complain how the community sucks

it's amazing how apt this comparison is

>buy a windows/toyota
>it lasts for years
>when something breaks, you can fix it yourself

>buy mac/bmw
>it breaks down immediately after you're done paying for it
>if it breaks down prior, you have to take it to the dealership and pay 20% the original cost for the repair

supra/10

>running their oh-so-precious OS on a beat up 200$ laptop they found on a thrift shop
No they aren't. Hackintosh is only worth it if you're doing it on a desktop. It's hell on Earth if you're trying to get a laptop to work.

underage turds should fuck off back to 9gag

Because he's one of them

Unix philosophy made sense in the 1970s. It still makes some sense when you're dealing with terminals and CLIs, but even there it's not 100%.
Fuck off back to the 1970s already Grandpa. I bet you still use Lisp.

>like trying to make a toyota into a bmw
In terms of performance? Welcome to the world of sleepers nerd

BEST LOL S E X :

ogo.gl/PzKdds
=============

evfrgtbnhyjumkliuyt

Attached: Glorious cuties hentai collection vol.2 (65).jpg (1400x1050, 577K)

Attached: serveimage.jpg (251x242, 11K)

what's the problem with turning a toyota into a bmw, sounds like a fun project if i could into cars

Macfag here, don't hate them at all. I support poor people's rights to run the best possible software. Besides, CumPads with MacOS are just cute. Has anyone managed to run Mojave on them yet?

Furries or Bronies are too small and irrelevant to care about. Weebs aren't that different from the usual fanboys.
Gaymers on the other hand got huge numbers and bitch about inane shit all the time, while feeding insane amounts of money to the companies who pimp them.

I want to say almost nobody hates them or even knows they exist

>why are you imagining people being upset in your head and then posting about it? you sound like a gigantic faggot
where do you think you are?

based

Attached: Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 05.32.38.png (850x696, 47K)

So the new BMW Toyota Supra Z4 thing?

hackintosh is pretty based if u ask me

Attached: 4580416904414_figures-sucy-manbavaran-little-witch-academia-nendoroid-altC.jpg (600x800, 104K)

Only worse community I can think of is gamers.

Jow Forums
/a/
/b/

No, it's just butchered BSD.

BSD isn't Unix.

It's based on UNIX you moron.

So are a lot of things, but that doesn't make them Unix.

Nobody asked dumb attention whoring anime pedo fag.

Best way is to get it from the app store, make a VM like this:
medium.com/@twister.mr/installing-macos-to-virtualbox-1fcc5cf22801

Then grab the raw Mojave ISO.

>Name a more despised community
GAMERS

Damn, we really live in a society.

one time I brought to my uni a cheapo laptop in which I had installed Sierra. This one guy with a macbook air started asking me wtf was going on, once I explained everything (the clover bootloader, DSDT patching, making iMessage work, etc...) he started asking me if things like gestures worked (they did) and then he just left with a weird look lol

Attached: screenshot 98.png (304x274, 134K)

Then my old Mercedes S class W220 must be fuckin TempleOS on a ThinkPad X220, because it’s patrician God-tier, and too good for such frivolous comparisons.

Attached: image.jpg (970x367, 376K)

It's almost like Macs are actually PC's. Who would've thought.

Linux is swedish/italian cars. Shit barely works and you have to replace things with third party parts constantly and also youre the only person who can even figure out how to operate it

>like trying to make a toyota into a bmw

Don't torrent/download ISOs from third parties. Create a VM by grabbing files directly from Apple, then you can make the ISO yourself from the App Store macOS installer.
github.com/img2tab/okiomov

/shill

Attached: shill.jpg (2004x1551, 534K)

Calm down there, Apple Internet Defense Force

Thanks user. Simple script and seems trustworthy.

Attached: apu5.jpg (1000x800, 301K)

Consumer-level Toyota cars have given manny armies victory over the years

This is nice but it would be even nicer if like, the script fetched Lion/Mountain lion from a trustworthy source instead of Mojave. Lion/ML are the only ones that run decently well on virtualbox imo. But honestly no one deserves to use virtualbox when VMware is easy as fuck to pirate and way better (literally a google search and the first key you enter works as long as you don't update the program).

i don't care about any of the communities in the op at all. i don't feel any positive or negative feelings towards any of them.

>it’s actually Unix
Bastardized BSD extensions bolted on top of some scraps of Mach isn't Unix. It's a slap in the face to Unix. MacOS is a fucking mess under the hood.

You want real Unix? Use Solaris. It's the cleanest operating system I've ever used, hands down. It's a professional operating system made for no-bullshit computing, unlike MacOS which is made for gays and women to browse social media.

You don't even know what the Unix Philosophy is. It's "do one thing and do it well", you fucking cock goblin. Stop half assing things.

I just don't get why you'd take superior PC hardware and put a 90s era BSD OS with a shit tier hacked together UI like OS X on it.

>the unix philosophy is a single concept and invalidates everything else if this one specific thing isn't really taken into account
Perhaps you should read on what the UNIX philosophy is all about en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix_philosophy#Rule_of_Modularity
OSX may not be true UNIX, but like Linux, it follows many of it's concepts. You may argue that it's closed source but actually, many parts of the OSX system are made up of open source bits:
opensource.apple.com/release/macos-10136.html
You can even compile the XNU kernel on your own:
0xcc.re/building-xnu-kernel-macosx-sierrra-10-12-x/
The thing about OSX is that the interface isn't really open-source friendly, and the licensing under XNU and other OSX components isn't hacker-friendly as well.