>List your uses; eg Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose and graphics pairing
>NO Speccy. Use HWinfo

CPU
>Athlon 200GE - Bare minimal desktop/gaming
>R3 2200G - Light gaming(dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G/i5-8400 - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - If you have a $2000+ budget and don't care that it'll be superseded by 7nm CPUs next year
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Wait for R7 3700X - Surely the best overall and not a massive disappointment like the 9900k
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
>RTX 2000 cards are worse performance per $ than previous gen
>Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual, and others w/ small heatsinks and low quality fans
1080p
>RX 570/580 w/ Freesync or 1060 6GB - standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050 3Gb or RX560 4Gb - lower settings and/or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
1440p
>Vega 56; 1070Ti/1080 if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>Upscale from 1620-1800p. Maybe 2080Ti, but awful value.
OpenCL use
>Vega 64

Storage
>Backup before using StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>NVMe are not for gaming; See "More"

Display
>Consider 75hz minimum; 60hz are mostly old models.
>Always consider FreeSync w/ AMD cards
>FOR GAMING, START YOUR BUILD WITH A MONITOR FIRST, then make your build to drive it appropriately

Previous
More
rentry.co/pcbg-more

Attached: loli keyboard.jpg (354x767, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/cmGGw6
pcpartpicker.com/list/JNP3Bb
pcpartpicker.com/list/247tHh
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zQzoXuPsaKOeXOWj-mL_9Tjh1eYKbU09Z-rTR9_kgDM/edit#gid=0
pcpartpicker.com/list/Mcmq9J
pcpartpicker.com/list/MCyXZR
amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-Support-06G-P4-6163-KR/dp/B01IPVSGEC?SubscriptionId=AKIAI3VLI6HITR26KCBQ&tag=userbenchmark-20&linkCode=sp1&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01IPVSLTC&th=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Intel a shit

>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 - for higher FPS w/ a high hz monitor
>he did it again

Attached: 1457831146186.jpg (853x1280, 181K)

>shilling inferior AMD GPUs

Buy vega goy

Attached: vega-56-mod-power-aotse_all.png (797x371, 60K)

I mean user come on they're basically free if you just do a little mental gymnastics and sell your blood.

Is there such a thing as an AM4 Thin-ITX board? it'd be pretty awesome for a HTPC...

You literally need nothing better than a 1070 and i7 3770k

They are literally free when you consider the price of your soul when buying nvidia.

retard who was trying to OC his 2400g the other day
finally got a score i'm happy with

Attached: OVERCLOCK.png (447x925, 52K)

I mean maybe for 1080p 60fps

I have a 4770k+780 and I cannot max out games anymore. Even 32-bot CSGO and my rig stutters when everyone is converged in the same area.

What is the rx 570/580's nvidia equivalent? Using it as a reference.

Also is the rx 590 worth the wait and price-performance ratio?

Attached: 1524120023895.webm (1080x320, 615K)

It's free suicide by housefire

Attached: 1529572200498.jpg (600x500, 27K)

RX 570 < 1060 3gb
RX 580

Attached: 5.jpg (1914x1079, 480K)

My budget is $16,000(no jokes).
I want to build a powerful gaming PC(only Intel & NVIDIA).
And no, I can't afford a car - because I'm one-eyed schizophrenic.
What you think about it, Jow Forums?

>multi-thread score
Lol

This is honestly the dumbest example I've ever seen to "prove" how something is bad. It's common knowledge that bots in cs go rape even the highest end CPUs and are way more demanding than playing against actual players. A 3770k can run CPU heavy games like bf1 just fine but it's bad because you can't run 32 bots on cs go? Yikes.

buy a house

What the fuck RX 580 with 8GB actually has good thermals and worth the price but isn't over 260?!
Every time I think I'm settled on getting one model i'll look and see reviews of thermals fucking sky rocketing to 100C+, poor airflow, and general overheating.
I'm mostly gonna be doing 1080p for the time being but I really don't want to invest money that is gonna heat up when i'm already living in the sweltering heat in Galvaston.
My budget is around $850 and here is the Prospective build(just trying to choice GPU):
pcpartpicker.com/list/cmGGw6

Attached: 1_Rich_piana.jpg (225x225, 5K)

just get more fans and wear headphones

>2400G
>2400
>not 2400 points

>RX 570 < 1060 3Gb
lol. Not for games which use over 3Gb which is tons.

Red Devil GS is $240 right now.

I already have a flat.
And I live in Russia, houses are too expensive here.

Started looking at pc parts today. Bad idea. Now I really want to upgrade.
This is my current build: pcpartpicker.com/list/JNP3Bb

Should I build a new pc or just upgrade the cpu/motherboard?
I kinda want to "start fresh" with a new pc and get on win10 (at win7 now) and all this shit too.

get a new ddr4 mobo and 1151 cpu

they'd be less expensive if you didn't spend your money on an expensive PC mongoloid cyкa пиздиц иидop чypкa

>which is tons.
Name me 50 then. I'll wait.
I only know of a handful at most which won't run smoothly at all on a 3gb or less graphics card even with lowered texture or asset settings. Meanwhile in reality it's a non issue and the absolute worst case scenario for people with older cards with less vram or a 3gb 1060 is lowering a few texture settings to maintain consistent minimums.

Attached: 1483012360211.png (1190x906, 216K)

Actually I essentially noticed that in B450 mATX for a 2600X, MSI and AsRock are essentially my two best options (MSI being the better one), and if I want Voltage Offset, MSI doesn't do it. Fuck's sake.

Did you guys just give up pretending your not shilling for AMD?

>EVGA GQ750 80+ Gold - 750 W for 75€
>Semi-modular
I actually might just buy it since all other Gold certified PSUs around 650W seem to cost around 100€ in Europe. That, or I'm not looking in the right places.

>they'd be less expensive if you didn't spend your money on an expensive PC mongoloid cyкa пиздиц иидop чypкa

Attached: 15412929216152.png (450x353, 47K)

Just built mine last night.

2700x, Corsair vengence 3466mhz, Asus prime x470-pro, 1 tb m.2 2280, noctua should-15 am4 edition with both fans, Corsair cube case. Also 2 275gb SSD drives.

Kept my MSI rx580 gamingx 4gb from last pc because I’m not sure if I want to upgrade the card yet.

POSTed on first boot.

RAM ran at 3466 with xmp no problems at all.

Ran a 15 minute stress test to OC the cpu.

Running at 4.15ghz with ram at 3466 at 1.35v - idles between 37-40 degrees, highest temp during stress was 73 degrees.

Will be testing games tonight and installing afterburner to OC the gpu some.

First impressions - Asus bios still the king. Over locking was insanely easy and this noctua cooler is insane. The computer is very quiet and even during the stress tests never got too loud.

Attached: image.jpg (640x480, 201K)

Will it be worth to wait for black friday/cyber monday if you buy the almost newest gen of stuff?
I can't imagine they will discount the 8700k and such much, if anything.

>Will it be worth to wait for black friday/cyber monday if you buy the almost newest gen of stuff?
No idea. In Europe, the last few Black Fridays have been utter garbage.

>bought an rtx card
>mfw I realized my monitor only has a VGA port
A-am I going to be fine with an adapter? I don't want to spend money on a new monitor and I only use this pc for 3d rendering

Attached: p.jpg (964x912, 56K)

>Monitor is VGA-only
>Still found the shekels to buy the RTX meme
Change that shit user. Although I'm not sure if you're not just pulling my leg on that one...

Looking for 1080p, >60FPS, gaming with priority in thermals, longevity, and utility.

RX 580 (8GB) or GTX1060 (6GB).

I've survived on a GTX 550ti for the last 8 years, but now I'm making my next long term build, and I want something that will truck along like the 550ti did for me. But i'm not married to the brand, but i'm tilted towards the GTX1060 for the extra $30

Attached: 1493083210578.jpg (989x742, 172K)

>Thermals
That will be a 1060 as long as you don't buy the crappy ones. More expensive 580s do have good coolers, but it does run hotter due to higher consumption.

(Me)
That said, the 580 has better Dx12 capability, so it may be worth considering instead.

Your Russian is lousy.

Why do you feel so personally slighted that no Intel CPU is worth buying anymore?

Why did you underclock by 200mhz? It's 4.35GHz stock and will do 4.15 all-core with PBO enabled.
I suppose if goal is efficiency instead, then yeah 1.35v is going to use a lot less power.

You buy monitor first, then GPU, like the OP says. Don't know how you guys always fuck up on this very basic fact of building.

Black Friday deals have pretty much only been good for SSDs and occasionally AMD GPUs (2016 had like $265 R9 Fury).
There will be monitor sales, but they almost surely won't be ones you actually want.
Maybe ebay will have a 15% discount that you can use on that Mbest monitor or something to bring it to like $275ish. That's the best you can really hope for.

pcpartpicker.com/list/247tHh
RX580 may consume a lot of power under 100% synthetic load, but in actual gaming load it's only like 35-115w which isn't as significant as the gas lighters will lead you to believe. 115w isn't even 2 60w light bulbs.
I have one myself. Massively reduced power consumption over my 7970GHz.

Attached: GPU-Z.2.9.0_2018-11-06_11-11-17.png (583x743, 32K)

You can get a new 580 for $200. You can get a used 1080 for $300-350. I wouldn't even think about the 1060.

I have a 1060 6gb. If your just looking for 60fps and higher you'll be fine.

I nearly Max out wow with 4xmsaa and get 80+ in high density areas. In areas where there's not alot of peeps it's above 120fps on my 144hz monitor.

Gonna get a 1070ti soon or Vega 56 granted the 56 become more available.

They should just rename the general to /amdbg/.

>Why do you feel so personally slighted that no Intel CPU is worth buying anymore?
not the guy you are responding to, But honestly Im pretty assblasted about all the spectre shit, will never buy Intel again

which 1060 would you suggest?

A little bump in Dx12 wouldn't be worth it if the consistent overheating throttles too much and dies out early as we dip into higher demands down the line.

Thats why I swore by the 550ti as I've been able to get up to medium setting on Overwatch on a 2010 build today and still get almost 60FPS and good thermals with a thermal-centric build I made back then.

I am reluctant to get used as I have no certainty about the usage for what i'm getting. I know if I get it out of the box and use it conservatively with good airflow and thermals it will last so I wouldn't want to do anything used.

How are the thermals and which model?

Sorry I left out some info - it is 4.15 all core.

And honestly it’s mostly to keep temps low as I’m really getting all the performance I need out of it.

With the 16gb of 3466 ram the thing just flies so far.

I’ll report back some actual gaming and benchmark notes after I leave the office and do some tweaking tonight.

I think he is living in the internet

But it doesn't throttle. I mean that higher power consumption is a problem it you live in the desert where it's absurdly hot all day, or if you're neurotic about noise. Or if you have a garbage PSU that would force you to change it.

>which 1060 would you suggest?
See OP for the ones to avoid. EVGA, ASUS, MSI Gaming/Gaming X... Gaming/Gaming X series are absurdly expensive and I would absolutely never buy them, but they do have sweet coolers.

I’ve had my rx 580 4gb for about 2.5 years - I’ve never had heat issues even in my smaller case before my new build. Just have proper airflow and get a model with good fans.

this is my future build.
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zQzoXuPsaKOeXOWj-mL_9Tjh1eYKbU09Z-rTR9_kgDM/edit#gid=0

Funny how these trolls have only showed up in such force since the Coffeelake refresh launched and was such a massive disappointment, and stock of Nvidia cards dried up so they couldn't be recommended.

Same people recommending all AMD now were the same people who recommended 1080Ti when they were on sale for

I don't give a fuck about the monitor, I would literally be fine with a black and white screen

Now you have to.

Funny how you only showed up during Ryzen and have removed all Intel listings everytime there's a new release and now you're wiping off Nvidia listings as well.

Fuck off shill.

>rx 580 4gb
Which model do you have, i'm interested.

So you're saying the GTX1060 is the better of the 2 for cooling?

Oh wait, Asus refreshed their B450 in October. The TUF B450-PLUS Gaming became a TUF B450-PRO Gaming. Apparently more phases per VRM and better cooling. One more option to track I suppose.

Attached: asus_tuf_b450_pro_gaming.jpg (473x650, 66K)

>There is no bias
>Everyone who even says something remotely positive about Intel gets shit on profusely.
Pick one

I need the name of this Keyboard OP. It looks like something you'd see Spike type on in Cowboy Bebop

Attached: 1980s_Chinatown_New_York_3.jpg (1600x1065, 93K)

Oh wait (second impact), it's ATX. Nevermind then.

Why isn't there a Ryzen mobile CPU that isn't an APU but has higher clocks and has more cores and is paired with dGPU?

Rate

Also which 580 model should I get?

pcpartpicker.com/list/Mcmq9J

Attached: PCPartPicker.png (1247x1487, 173K)

not only that intel builds are ignored and flamed

now the shills are using the same tactic to remove nvidia

Hey, guys. I've been contemplating getting into streaming, and I've had this capture card sitting around for the longest time (pic related, Blackmagic Design Intensity Pro), but I'm not sure how it'll perform/if it'll get along with modern programs since it's pretty old.

Opinions? Should I give this one a shot or go with a newer, safer option?

Attached: blackmagic_design_intensity_pro.jpg (300x300, 25K)

Sapphire Nitro 580

Has the rx 580 really not been out that long? I could have sworn I got it in 2016.

In any case it doesn’t have any heat issues for me and I’m actually going to OC it tonight.

no need for shills when the company simply sucks that bad currently

MSI RX 580 gaming x 4gb - 8gb seemed like overkill for the clock speed at the time.

Got it for around $235 at microcenter

gee, people ironically don't like jewish-acting companies, they must be shills.

Attached: d3f5066f.jpg (630x630, 60K)

Should I get the 2600x instead of the 2600? If so should I get an aftermarket cooler? I don't plan on oc-ing the 2600.

Attached: 1515771511304.png (448x338, 235K)

If you’re not OCing the cpu then stick ryzen cooler should be fine.

I've been ranting for a few threads that essentially the best b450 mATX mono doesn't do voltage offset, which you will care about only on X processors. So if you don't give a shit about OC, go for the 2600.

pcpartpicker.com/list/MCyXZR
Hey can I get an opinion on this build? Should I just wait for Intel 7nm or is it cool to build? Currently I have i5 4460 with Nvidia 750. It's ok but I do want to upgrade, any thoughts?

How about the 2600x? Is the wraith spire good enough?

Attached: 1532486908876.jpg (1152x2048, 229K)

Damn you’re right! April 18, 2017.

I should get more sleep my memory is shit.

>Intel 7nm
user...

Anyway, the liquid cooler makes no sense since it isn't a 8700K or a 9900K, and buy a SSD: it's good shit. Just do it, it will change your life.

Attached: 1441397444118.jpg (275x183, 10K)

>Funny how you only showed up during Ryzen
No I didn't.

The 1060 uses less power, yes. But it's insignificant. A bit more power on a midrange GPU doesn't mean much.
Came out in 2017 soon after Ryzen. It's a refresh of the 480.

>intel's lineup is shit and flawed so it gets shit on
That's not bias.
>Intel 7nm
so wait until 2030? Sure, go ahead.

Something a little girl made with finger paint. Doesn't come like that.

The 4Gb XFX that's $200 or the Red Devil GS that's $240.

Sure. Use stock cooler first before deciding if it's too loud for you.

If you’re not over clocking and have decent case air flow yes. If you want to OC at all I’d get something better.

Anything Noctua would be great. (I’m biased cause my noctua is insane and performs better than some AIO coolers - pic related)

Make sure to also at least get 3000-3466mhz ram if you go with the X - plenty of YouTube videos showing the frame differences with ram speed on ryzen.

Attached: image.jpg (2016x1512, 1.51M)

Will we see sub-$400 GTX 1080's this black friday?

>order 4pack of 120mm case fans because a 4pk is $8 and you can't get a single
>screw hole goes all the way through
>need it to be just a bracket so I can mount it as a second cpu fan
>get out the hacksaw
>saw through the connector in a v shape
>the mounting wire goes through and works perfectly
>go to put it on my cooler
>I cut the wrong side
>have to do it again

Attached: 4459353701_826a3c120d.jpg (489x400, 126K)

Oh wait, is it just one of those bigkeys keyboards for enhanced accessibility?

Intel doesn't have to release 7nm yet since it already btfos ryzen. Zen2 will still be worse than 8700k/9700k

but user don't you know that paying more for something that works better is stupid?

Corsair spec 05 yay or nay?

Nice false flagging.
I get it. Ryzen works better than *lake, so you say the opposite. Ryzen is a lot smoother and secure and the SMT gives more performance than it consumes power instead of consuming twice as much power compared to the added performance.

Yes, with finger paint on it.

Probably not other than refurbished ones. Most of the stock is gone. You were warned up this leading up to the RTX release.

Note that you're namely going to get 3466 through a manual OC. Generally of B-die. Some boards have the memory profiles already built in for B-die 3466, which is easy enough.

Excuse me which company has the highest performing cpu again?

>ryzen is a lot smoother and secure
This meme died a few months ago
>consuming twice as much power
Says the guy with a vega LOL

>Funny how these trolls have only showed up in such force since the Coffeelake refresh launched and was such a massive disappointment,
oh please you say that shit literally all the time
>funny how they came before something, during something, after something
even if nothing is happening its
>funny how these guys showed up, guess company X I dislike is having a rough time

power consumption means NOTHING if it's an AMD product "it's not even 2 light bulbs"
it means everything if it's an intel or nvidia product though, literally antisemitic with having such ovens in your home, what you planning to use them for huh?!

MK2 vs Red Dragon vs Nitro+ for the 580 8gb

Which one and why?

Attached: 1518690375470.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

>Excuse me which company has the highest performing cpu again?
AMD with the 2990WX and Epyc 7601. You have a short memory.
Maybe you should wrote some notes, or leave some tabs for tests open to review each morning if you're going to keep posting here so you're not wrong all the time.

Do you mean Red Devil? the Red Dragon 580 sucks.
Probably cheapest of those. Nitro or Red Devil over Mk2 if it's not much more.

Is the R5 2600 better than the R7 1700? they have the same price here ($150).

Attached: confused anime girl 23.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>Probably cheapest of those
So manufacturer doesn't matter unless its I quote"Avoid cheap MODELS ie MSI Armor (Mk2 is ok), Gigabyte G1/Wf, ASUS dual"?

Attached: 1518689912917.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

Should I get the 2600 with aftermarket cooler or the 2600x with stock cooler?

Attached: confused anime girl 24.jpg (374x347, 39K)

hold up wait a second

amd makes cpus? I see the threadripper way down there at 2,230 but come on man

Attached: Untitled.jpg (704x858, 255K)

2600X

I'd get the 1700

>$240 for GTX 1060
amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-GAMING-Support-06G-P4-6163-KR/dp/B01IPVSGEC?SubscriptionId=AKIAI3VLI6HITR26KCBQ&tag=userbenchmark-20&linkCode=sp1&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B01IPVSLTC&th=1

Should I do it while its still cheap!? I know its only ACX 2.0 but All I am going to be doing is 1080p gaming. Is it worth it. Will that be enough with just 1 fan?

Attached: 1474147068775.gif (240x176, 912K)

What does Thermal Design Power mean and is a 95w vs 65w a big difference?

Attached: confused anime girl 20.png (1366x768, 978K)

Help me with a custom build for my parents. It would basically be an internet+office+lightweight photoshop machine, so I'm thinking it wouldn't even need a discrete GPU and one of those Ryzen APUs + 8 gigs DDR4 on an entry-tier mobo should be plenty