Manjaro Linux

Anyone have experience with Manjaro? I know its a pretty famous Arch based distro.

Thinking of installing this one on my next system. Has the versatility of Arch but easier to setup the drivers/packages, and all of the visual environments I've seen, like KDE, seem pretty aesthetic.

Attached: manjaro linux.png (1600x900, 937K)

just install arch it's not even hard

Attached: 2018-11-06-115907_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 140K)

What benefits does Arch have that Manjaro can't access?

It's a real distro

>KDE Arch
WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU

I used arch-jaro for a couple months, really not that bad, best package manager imo.
but it came with office and other bloat that i had trouble removing.

ask orjol

>IBM Wallpaper
>Not using Fedora

Lol k.
Ah, so it does come with a lot of bloat? I was thinking it was still a relatively light distro. I have heard that in the last year or so they really improved it, so maybe its easier now?

The package manager is exactly why I was considering it. I want to access Nvidia's parallel programming on my GPU, which sounds much easier with a good package manager.

Why should I, as a Xubuntu user, switch to Manjaro?

?

Yeah, installed three times on three different computers. Two of them with the audio broken, one never power on.
Arch or antergos if you don't want to lose time.

>Intel CPU
>Not using superior Clear Linux

Attached: 1508783466744.jpg (645x729, 32K)

desu it might have come with gnome de, which i do not recommend anymore.

Shit, well if it doesn't work right even with basic stuff like that, then it doesn't have any clear benefit over just Arch. The main reason I liked it was because the easier driver/package installation.

I'll look into Antergos too

Ahhhh, I know that gnome is one of the default options for it. I was thinking KDE

>1GB RAM at idle
lel
GTFO with that trash

Isn't my computer bruh, just grabbed the first screenshot I spotted off google

I was seriously frustrated by Manjaro. Had to format my Arch and tried Antergos and Manjaro because I don't care anymore for the terminal install.
Kept Antergos for a year.
I'm now on Debian because I have realized that rolling is a meme.

I've used Manjaro XFCE for long time and it's was great.
I moved to Arch and i3 since.

>but it came with office and other bloa
istn there a architect mode just for this?
havent used it because it was my first loonix install but i was kind of surprised by this kind of option
how well does it remove bloat though

Works slightly worse than Arch in my experience. Not bad, but might as well just go for Arch.

True.
Afaik manjaro is just a pre configured arch with more "stable" repos. If you have configured both of them propperly, they are almost the same

As long as you're not depending on it for real werk.
>Be prepared for breaks, it's not a newbie distro.

>two taskbars

have fun getting printing to work

>have fun getting printing to work
Have fun getting anything to work.
Fuck sakes, if U like KDE, just install Kubuntu and call it a day.

Attached: archvsubunutu.jpg (1000x922, 60K)