kys

lies, i did it just now and found 1 result

C -> D -betterC
Go -> D
Python -> D

go + python is redundant

I see no Lisp mentioned

no its not you fucking pleb

I was thinking of going Golang after Python, but I'm currently taking time to learn advanced shit in Python

they are my favorite languages.
C > Go > Python

Missing Haxe

Go use is really skyrocketing right now. Google ran a survey and they estimate 700k new go users in the last year alone. I have a go project that went from 1k to 2k daily downloads in the last year.
It's crazy.

*dabs*

every language has its own use case
kys op

Attached: PMJ1V2Q.jpg (1440x810, 150K)

What's javas use case?

being better than go for everything that's not a toy CLI program

Attached: basedsoft.jpg (299x168, 16K)

Not as long as "everything" includes RAM usage and startup time.

being backed by oracle ie having someone to blame when your shitty software shits itself

Perl > Python.

Perl 6 > modern Python > modern Perl > 2003 Python > 2003 Perl

C is a language you should avoid whenever you have a choice to use anything else. Unfortunately it's still necessary for some jobs.
Go is nice for allowing even a brainlet to use multi threading. It's also faster and safer than PHP or Node which is good. Shame it won't get you a job.
Python is an even more retard friendly language, but to this day I couldn't find a single use case for it. It's never the best tool for any given job.

C is obsolete since C++11.

Attached: 1541518276368.png (1200x1400, 502K)

replace grandpa with a zoomer because 99% of those posters are braindead first years who don't like things that need thinking

>C is a language you should avoid whenever you have a choice to use anything else
Why do you say this? Have you done any production level coding with it?

Fuck Go I refuse to use a lang with such shitty logo

holy grail is c++ and python

>C for time critical scripting and low level software
>Go for anything requiring multi-threading that can finished this year
>Python for everything else
checks out desu

I'm inclined to agree. But couldn't hurt to include some Logic and FP:

- Prolog
- Haskell
- Clojure

Elixir is a better unityped FP language with hygienic macros than Clojure. It won't let you cheat.

i want to squeeze that fucking faggot until it pops

That gopher is practically a yukkuri.

what's wrong with it?

Attached: 1541430152564.png (450x489, 74K)

>Python is an even more retard friendly language, but to this day I couldn't find a single use case for it. It's never the best tool for any given job.
And that's how you spot a retard. Get a job, faggot.

What are the use cases added by using these?

Prolog I get but I'm not sure about the other two

It reminds that CS is filled with söy cucks and red haired feminists

/thread

and not a millisecond in runtime was ever found

elixir is awesome, OOP is lame

>not c, c++, python

give me one thing you can't do with just C + Python

you don't even need the ++. if you need objects just embed C in python.

-is c++

You seem to have cut off your first sentence before finishing it so i fixed it for you :)

games?

you can. BGE is literally that.

Why would you ever use anything other than C++

because C++ looks like garbage, like 80% of OOP languages.

What literal retard gives a shit to looks in programming languages

C++ is based on C which is pure iterative programming, and supports metaprogramming as well as OOP
It does anything you want it to

Fu k off Skinner

>c python
>c python go
>go python go

Attached: 1536427114725.jpg (799x548, 61K)

Seriously, why do people go on about C so much on Jow Forums? C++ with compiler optimisations is as fast at least, and has much more utility

it affects readability. regular C is easier to read than the word salad C++ is constantly throwing at you.

C teaches you how computers work. C++ is better for actual production though.

And that's a good thing.

>C teaches you how computers work

Assembly and VHDL/Verilog teach how computers work.
What C will teach you is how to manage your computer resources since the language is quite low level and explicit. Also C is the de-facto lowest common denominator.

Python looks like a castrated infix lisp though.

>Also C is the de-facto lowest common denominator.
Of what?

C is portable assembler

this

I think you mean C++ + Python sweaty

>holy grail
in Go.D we t.Rust

why?

>C is portable assembler

Almost but not quite. LLVM IR would be a more likely candidate.

C++ does the same as C + games and other stuff

C can interact with OpenGL and Vulkan
C can compute basic game physics
so that means...
list of things stopping game development in C: N/A

PROVEN WRONG
PROVEN WRONG
PROVEN WRONG

This

Attached: robby.jpg (850x400, 51K)

what literal retard doesn't understand that the look of a language is affected by it's syntax?

>hurr durr why dont you reinvent the wheel in everything

Thats not productive at all, Unreal is made in C++

Are we sure this is the same guy who made Go?
Did he just say fuck it and went over to the dark side at some point in his life?

plenty of people make their own game engines to develop games. it's still not unheard of even today.

That fucking logo doesn't look anything professional

Why? It's just a c.

I seriously fucking hate Python. I don't see how you guys can shit on Go for being a brainlet language but not Python.
>distinguishes statements vs expressions
>primitive data types
>broken scoping
>shit at OOP
>shit at FP

But you see, it's homogeneous shit, and it looks like pseudocode so it's good.

One word: auto

Python is meant to be as abstract and easy as possible. Go is not.

Underrated

Golang is C for pajeets.

Get AIDS from it.

C is ASM for pajeets

>C is one to one with ASM
kek, nope.

is that what he said, Pajeet? learn english.

You use high level languages for the portability. I use ASM for re, but not for production. Just because you can fizzbuzz in ASM, doesn't mean you know anything. kek get rekt.

C is abhorrent, but it's ubiquitous.
Fuck Dennis Ritchie, I'm not glad he's dead, but I'm glad he's gone.

As far as you're concerned I don't do anything except make posts.
>C is one to one with ASM
He literally didn't say or even imply this.

>Dennis Ritchie
We probably won't be where we are now if it wasn't for his, Thompson's, and Kerrigan's work. Relax it some, zoomer.

>He literally didn't say or even imply this.
C is as high level as Go, the two are comparable in capabilities. C isn't the same as ASM. How can you compare the two? I'll you how: you're a pajeet. Isn't there some tech video (in hindi) you should be watching?

Lisp, FORTH, and Haskell
ALL YOU NEED
everyone but me is retarded and wrong

>We probably won't be where we are now if it wasn't for his, Thompson's, and Kerrigan's work. Relax it some, zoomer.

Yeah, we won't be stuck here if it wasn't for them.

Some sense on this non-sense thread

>Yeah, we won't be stuck here if it wasn't for them.
What makes you think progress is at a standstill? What makes you think we wouldn't be still using actual terminals to this day if it wasn't for them?

>What makes you think progress is at a standstill?

Our entire computer infrastructure is tied to retarded decisions made in 1970. See null terminated strings for example.

>What makes you think we wouldn't be still using actual terminals to this day if it wasn't for them?

Bitmapped screens came from the Smalltalk and Lisp guys. The Unix guys are the ones who think "text as a universal interface".

>Our entire computer infrastructure is tied to retarded decisions made in 1970. See null terminated strings for example.
Why do you contribute to the field if you're such a genius? Get a PHD and go forth.

>Bitmapped screens came from the Smalltalk and Lisp guys. The Unix guys are the ones who think "text as a universal interface".
So?

>Why do you contribute to the field if you're such a genius? Get a PHD and go forth.

Nigga, I've written my own soft-processor, which is used in a, albeit very niche, commercial product.

>So

Because Unix guys always scream MUH CLI. If it wasn't for PARC who dragged them kicking and screaming into the graphics world the would be still clacking away at their teletypes.

how do I be a good programmer
I've only taken an intro to programming so far, in C

HolyC is all you need.

Attached: images.jpg (274x184, 9K)

>Nigga, I've written my own soft-processor, which is used in a, albeit very niche, commercial product.
An impressive feat, no doubt, but that's selling out; you're not actually contributing, you're just complaining about the current state of CS. Not that it really matters with QC becoming viable in the coming decades.

>Because Unix guys always scream MUH CLI. If it wasn't for PARC who dragged them kicking and screaming into the graphics world the would be still clacking away at their teletypes.
Agreed, but I have no problems with GUIs as a necessity, but the amount of GUI programs for mundane and menial task are superfluous. I enjoy using a terminal emulator; so much power and potential at my finger tips.

>I've only taken an intro to programming so far, in C
What decade was that?