So Jow Forums, what distro do they run?

So Jow Forums, what distro do they run?

Attached: 20181106_060435.jpg (1008x1024, 233K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arxiv.org/abs/1810.11490
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Manjaro, but they tell people it's Arch

Attached: images (1).jpg (299x168, 11K)

I remember when I worked at NASA, we ate tacos at space and I took this massive shit. Didn't know my shit would get so popular

One which filters out clickbait news headlines, hopefully.

The actual paper:
>Hey wouldn't it be neat if Oumuamua deviation from Kepler orbits was actually because it was using a solar sail?
>Yeah that would be neat, lets do some calculations and dump it on Arxiv

The paper in the media:
>HARVARD PHYSICISTS SAY OBJECT MAY BE AN ALIEN SPACE SHIP

I fucking hate science """""reporting"""""

Clickbait articles. The asteroid most likely isn't alien technology and the sudden acceleration can be easily explained by gasses escaping the internals of the rock due to heat from the sun. But the articles of course keep this info in the last paragraph.

>when liberal media backpedals because Republicans are winning, so they have to click bait headline a piece of shit paper to cope

Two questions:
Are you Andy Sixx?
Did you eat activated almonds?

that was a later study though
it was initially suggested to be of possible intelligent origin due to its
a) weird orbit
b) immense speed
c) unusual oblong shape

I don't know if you quoted the wrong post, but those headlines are from like last year
also you have to go back

these are the same media journalist along with cnn who took the idea of that missing plane a few years ago was because it got sucked into a black hole.

Attached: An-alien-is-waving-to-offer-a-friendly-greeting-from-outer-space-Shutterstock-800x430.png (800x430, 354K)

gentoo

I have no idea what you're talking about, this is the paper that the news articles are talking about:
arxiv.org/abs/1810.11490

>Could Solar Radiation Pressure Explain 'Oumuamua's Peculiar Acceleration?

The main thrust of the paper is that radiation pressure caused the strange deviation away from a normal orbit. The """"news"""" picked up on the alien part and nothing else.

The most advanced operating system in the universe.

Attached: mojave.jpg (960x540, 48K)

oh, I didn't get that these were new articles about this object. those headlines are virtually identical to what we saw last year, save for the last one

FreeBSD

Oh I see what you mean now.

FreeAYYYsd

Obviously Gentoo

unironically centos. Since red hat adopted it there's not much point to scientific linux

>Baseball results show that x team wins by 4 points
>BASEBALL SCIENTISTS SHOW THAT TEAM Y CAUSES CANCER

Wait what?

AyyLmaOS

I thought we already ruled out the gases part because no trail was detected.

Anyway I find it shocking that this is the very first interstellar object we have ever detected, I would have assumed they were quite common.

Attached: Saturn V.webm (1280x720, 2.38M)

>Actually believing in aliens when project fishbowl proved that there's a firmament
*tips fedora*

Imagine reading about this in the newspaper 50 years ago, with no access to the internet and no way to verify that the journalists are lying and intentionally misrepresenting the facts.

That's how we got all those alien stories back then.

If they lie about easily verified things, imagine what else they lie about. Things we can't verify. "Anonymous sources say" type of things. It's all a sham.

Attached: 1331030651964.png (270x263, 8K)

Oy vey, delete this!

Attached: Was+the+girl+rich+or+is+your+dad+insane+_e80a57e1656d679e6a98fb0ad1966337.jpg (345x431, 69K)

it's generally rather difficult to leave gravitational wells, and if you do, it's quite likely you'll fall into another

plus user, you need to realise how big space is. This object is less than a kilometer large, and earth is only 13000km across or so.
The earth is 1.5x10^8km away from the sun.
The distance between the sun and the NEAREST star is alpha centauri, 4.2ly away. That's 9.5 x 10^12 km away.
The ratio between those last two is on the order of 10^5. The distance from the sun to earth is a tenth of one percent of one percent of the distance to the nearest star.

So even if you spread objects out, you'd only find a tiny fraction coming near enough to use to be observed.
But wait, there's more.
Because space isn't a straight line, it's got 3 dimensions.
So really, the difference in order of magnitude between the space from us to alpha centauri, and the space between earth and the sun is closer to 10^15.

That's a big fucking number.

Wut

Attached: urBrain.jpg (605x340, 23K)

user, I love politics and browse Jow Forums all the time but you've gotta seperate it from the rest of the world. Life goes on without the political circus.

It's not lying. It's advertising. Newspapers write stories that get people to read the advertisements next to them.
From this fact comes the myriad of consequences that make up modern media. For example; advertisements control content. Advertisers and their interests control who and what gets to publish. If a story is bad for business, it doesn't exist.

Imagine if journalists were as accurate with the baseball scores as they were with science reporting. There'd be fucking riots.

I smiled thanks

based