So, considering advanced ayylmaos were scientifically proven to exist, what level of technology do you think they have?

So, considering advanced ayylmaos were scientifically proven to exist, what level of technology do you think they have?

Proof of aliums: arxiv.org/pdf/1810.11490.pdf

Attached: Oumuamua.jpg (1280x800, 208K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm
arxiv.org/pdf/1810.11490.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=rDPj5zI66LA
mathoverflow.net/questions/35468/widely-accepted-mathematical-results-that-were-later-shown-to-be-wrong
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>We discuss the possible origins of such an object including the possibility that it might be a lightsail of artificial origin. Our general results apply to any light probes designed for interstellar travel

>a literally tumbling rock
>ayy lmaos

>tumbling rock
>doensn't have any features of comets or asteroids
>is too thin for a rock
>moves with solar radiation like a space lightsail

>big knobbly rock literally all features of rock
>not too thin for rock. Maybe iron core.
>moves because no friction in space plus gravity

"What is Human history, if not an ongoing succession of greater technologies grinding lesser ones beneath their boots?
To the Historians, tools existed for only one reason: to force the universe into unnatural shapes. Technology is a stunted thing in benign environments, it never thrived in any culture gripped by belief in natural harmony. Why invent fusion reactors if your climate is comfortable, if your food is abundant? Why build fortresses if you have no enemies? Why force change upon a world which poses no threat?

Harsh weather and natural disasters either kill you or they don't, and once conquered—or adapted to— they lose their relevance. No, the only environmental factors that continued to matter were those that fought back, that countered new strategies with newer ones, that forced their enemies to scale ever-greater heights just to stay alive.

Ultimately, the only enemy that mattered was an intelligent one.

And if the best toys do end up in the hands of those who've never forgotten that life itself is an act of war against intelligent opponents, what does that say about a race whose machines travel between the stars?"

Spacefaring extraterrestrials, if there are any, aren't just going to be smart.

They're going to be mean.

rifters.com/real/Blindsight.htm

it's a shame all those astrophysicists didn't have you on their side to tell them this, user

If its a rock where are its friends.
Rocks in space never travel alone, ever.
Then its the direction, angle and speed.
Either its intelligent or their will be more, many more.

>Proof of aliums
Did you even read the title?
At the very best it is some indication of something a tiny bit weird.
It is about as solid of a proof as a mathematical proof "I couldn't find a counterexample quickly QED".

A REALLY good book recommendation, everyone should read who is interested in aliens, beyond sci fi tropes of aluens being humans with weird attachments.

Why would a CG artist render an image of a rock if it's not a rock.

because it's a rock. OP and ayylmaotards are retarded.

Jesus, look at the size of that alien probe. Imagine the size of their anuses.

Scientists that study this type of behavior as a career and have noticed any 'rock' with these type of properties though, so either it's a new element that we'd never discovered before or aliens.

I don't know why saying something is of alien origin is such a taboo topic to suggest. It's statistically impossible for intelligent alien life NOT to exist in this universe. We are not special.

If alien life doesn't exist, then that would basically prove the existence of a Christian God.

nothing in OP's article speaks of ayylmaos. speculation doesn't count

>so either it's a new element that we'd never discovered before or aliens.
Or it's a result of two giant rocks colliding and one of the chipped off parts flying out of the collision being in the shape of your mother's dildo.

It literally does, and how the hell does speculation not count?

>Considering an artificial origin, one possibility is that Oumuamua is a lightsail, floating in interstellar space as a debris from an advanced technological equipment

>I don't know why saying something is of alien origin is such a taboo topic to suggest.
Because it has been claimed a billion times...

>It's statistically impossible for intelligent alien life NOT to exist in this universe.
Wrong, it is statistically UNLIKELY.

>We are not special.
A claim without evidence.

>then that would basically prove the existence of a Christian God.
There aren't multiple Christian gods and it would prove none of them, it might as well have been Odin.

We've literally never seen a rock this general shape before

Attached: CiwUYUsU4AAst_v.jpg (600x667, 84K)

To be honest the implications that it's a ship reminded me of Sidonia.

Attached: Sidonia_cross_section.png (1306x1540, 956K)

>Wrong, it is statistically UNLIKELY.
Wrong, it's statistically impossible.
The only thing statistically unlikely is us meeting them. To argue against possibility when we exist and the same conditions are easily reproducible just based on the vastness of the Universe is moronic.

You are enormously retarded, is your IQ literally 80?
That is not how statistics or probability theory works.

>To argue against possibility when we exist and the same conditions are easily reproducible just based on the vastness of the Universe is moronic.
Under these assumptions the life should be full of life, it is statistically VERY UNLIKELY that these models are correct and we haven't met these aliens.

Why are there no HST pics of the rock from 2017?

>That is not how statistics or probability theory works.
We've had enough proof about the workings of statistics and probability theory when idiots like you crashed the economy time and time again or plunged billion dollar companies into the nether.

>nder these assumptions the life should be full of life
Learn to write before slobbering all over the keyboard in full-on buttmad, especially when you are calling others retarded.
Secondly, there is no valid assumption about the fullness of life which can be established, only the fact that there is life somewhere out there without a doubt just on the account that the conditions which created us, as we are, are reproducible based on their actual existence in reality, and the Universe is more than large enough and varied enough in terms of its content to reproduce them. It takes a moronic sub-80 IQ troglodyte to miss this point.

>how the hell does speculation not count?

Attached: brainlet.jpg (361x408, 13K)

>We've had enough proof about the workings of statistics and probability theory when idiots like you crashed the economy time and time again or plunged billion dollar companies into the nether.
What the fuck are you on about?
My interactions with the stock market are literally zero and mathematics isn't really connected to the reality in any way.
Statistics is pure mathematical logic.

Statistics is about as much at fault for the financial crises as interpretive dance classes.

>Learn to write before slobbering all over the keyboard in full-on buttmad, especially when you are calling others retarded.
Nice argument, that is what I expected from you.

>Secondly, there is no valid assumption about the fullness of life which can be established, only the fact that there is life somewhere out there without a doubt just on the account that the conditions which created us, as we are, are reproducible based on their actual existence in reality, and the Universe is more than large enough and varied enough in terms of its content to reproduce them.
1st grader understanding of probability theory.

>article speaks of aliens
>article speculates natural possibilities
>article speculates alien possibilities
>alien speculation specifically doesn't count.
ok brainlet.

>arxiv.org/pdf/1810.11490.pdf
>This rock is funny because it's not emitting gas like a comet but deviating from it's normal path so it might be possible the sun's radiation pressure is acting on it.

>OMFG IT'S ALIENS AND THEY BUILT A SOLAR SAIL OUT OF A ROCK, CHRISTIAN GOD

>Aliens exist
>They could have sent a probe
>They could have sent (let's be crazy) a manned spaceship
>They've sent a rock instead

t.didn't read article

thats one big bbc coming to BLACK mother earth

Speculation is SPECULATION.
It's COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT and can be safely ignored unless you are into speculative fiction, it is a level below INDICATION.

Call me if there is a hint of evidence.

Plus point out where in the article it mentions this object as being a "rock".

I'd say they're not much advanced than us since we're yet to see flying cocks in space.

>t's COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT
it's RELEVANT to the fucking topic.

>and can be safely ignored
Then you shouldn't be posting in this thread since this thread is about SPECULATION. We don't have the technology or equipment to give any other detailed analysis.

YOU, THE POSTER, SAID "nothing in OP's article speaks of ayylmaos"

And then had the fucking nerve to say an article about SPECULATION doesn't count. -YOU- ARE FUCKING STUPID.

you fucking brainlet, it's speculation but it's based on science.
according to you the theory of evolution is "just a theory" too amirite?

youtube.com/watch?v=rDPj5zI66LA
this is for you, user
don't post here again until you've watched all of it

>it's RELEVANT to the fucking topic.
Yes, see the "unless".

>Then you shouldn't be posting in this thread since this thread is about SPECULATION. We don't have the technology or equipment to give any other detailed analysis.
See the "unless".

>YOU, THE POSTER, SAID "nothing in OP's article speaks of ayylmaos"
No.

>And then had the fucking nerve to say an article about SPECULATION doesn't count. -YOU- ARE FUCKING STUPID.
No, I didn't.

>arxiv
>scientifically proven
ayy lmao indeed

you're literally autistic, you realize that?

Attached: 1540924680796.jpg (236x250, 8K)

>Statistics is pure mathematical logic.
Statistics is an unpolished and still vastly imperfect field full of holes and fallacies that need to be resolved. I'm talking about idiots like yourself not using their brains and instead parroting a field which constantly fluctuates in terms of dependability and result.
>Statistics is about as much at fault for the financial crises as interpretive dance classes.
It's very much at fault since fucking up statistics on loans, spending, credit values, and other factors I could write a whole book on, ended in the system crash. The propensity of treating the economy with "mathematical logic" when reality is anything but compliant with our take on statistical and mathematical logic most of the times.
>Nice argument, that is what I expected from you.
Don't slobber over the keyboard like a dumbshit and you won't be called out on it. If someone doesn't correct you then your stupidity may become habitual and contagious.
>1st grader understanding of probability theory.
Nice lack of argument. The conditions that lead to sentient life like us existing didn't care about probability theory nor did they require intelligent design. They came as a result of reproducible chemical and biological factors and phenomena that the entire universe constantly produces without the requirement of input from a sentient race such as us, forming into a specific result after billions of years.

The troglodyte part of your brain here is that you disbelieve in the formation of sentient life without input that only sentient life may put into effect, which is a self-contradiction, you dumb ape. It's not that alien life doesn't exist, it's that you are still too dumb to comprehend or accept that primitive structural phenomena and basic laws of physics can lead to sentient life without sentient input, such as how we came to be. We just haven't figured out some of the most basic laws in the Universe yet, merely scratching the surface.

>it's speculation but it's based on science.
Yes. Scientists speculate sometimes, it can be fun and may lead to an actual hypothesis.

>according to you the theory of evolution is "just a theory" too amirite?
Yes, it is "just a theory", whatever "just" means here since a theory is something which is able to make good predictions about the relevant data.

>Statistics is an unpolished and still vastly imperfect field full of holes and fallacies that need to be resolved.

Attached: lmfao.png (512x415, 64K)

No. I am a very empathic person, I am not autistic and I have met actual autists.

>Statistics is an unpolished and still vastly imperfect field full of holes and fallacies that need to be resolved. I'm talking about idiots like yourself not using their brains and instead parroting a field which constantly fluctuates in terms of dependability and result.
Yeah, I stopped reading after that. There really is no point in going on after that, you don't even have a single clue what statistics is.
Next you blame measure theory for bridge collapses and differential geometry for declining wages.

It's not proven, it's just speculation with some mathematics attached. The chances of it being ayylmaos is pretty good, though.

>when a retarded zoomer laughs at the very sentence constantly repeated by each and every respectable leader who knows anything in the very field
CS student pls. It's everything else which is at fault when your statistics fail and get contradicted, just not yourself.

>retards relying on mathematics to discuss a question which requires understanding of biology, chemistry, and physics combined instead
The CS meme needs to go. You are a worthless field. Begone.

Attached: oh no the children.jpg (500x510, 71K)

>CS student
Actually it is math.

>statistics fail
It is MATHEMATICS it can not fail. This is pure nonsense anyone who has ANY education about mathematics past highschool is laughing at you.
This is ridiculously wrong, the MODELS can fail, the math can't.

You are literally doing the same as blaming analysis for Newton's laws being wrong.

I don't even care, he should just stop using mathematical language he doesn't understand.

Yeah, we're laughing at him. Especially at his earlier reply.
>It's statistically impossible for intelligent alien life NOT to exist in this universe
>If alien life doesn't exist, then that would basically prove the existence of a Christian God.
Fucking brainlet, kek.

>It is MATHEMATICS it can not fail.
Mathematics can easily fail when it hasn't be researched fully yet, polished yet, and is utilized by brainlets such as yourself.
Hell, just in these past 2 years we had a dozen mathematical formulas and "facts" proven incorrect and pushed into the dustbins of the failure cabinet.
>This is ridiculously wrong, the MODELS can fail, the math can't.
Oh look, the math equivalent of an Evangelist. We've had enough retards like yourself staining the entire field as a joke in the public's eyes.

>the Christfaggot reveals himself

>just in these past 2 years we had a dozen mathematical formulas and "facts" proven incorrect and pushed into the dustbins of the failure cabinet.
Namely?
You realize that any "mathematical formula" is rigorously proven before publishing? Mistakes of course happen, but rarely.

>Mathematics can easily fail when it hasn't be researched fully yet
Wrong. You don't know what mathematics is. Every claim is PROVEN.

How did you get that from what I said?
>If alien life doesn't exist, then that would basically prove the existence of a Christian God.
That would not prove the existence of any god. It would not prove anything other than alien life not existing, which probably isn't the case.

You really have an IQ of 80, huh? Go back to /b/.

For one, they do not have knob-tech. They wouldn't come here if they did.

Attached: yangshanstelechina2.jpg (750x562, 119K)

inb4 this "rock is an interstellar nuke.

Attached: 1511673036363.jpg (624x950, 58K)

>Mistakes of course happen, but rarely.
Bullshit, the math field is in constant war over correcting and finding mistakes.
mathoverflow.net/questions/35468/widely-accepted-mathematical-results-that-were-later-shown-to-be-wrong

>Every claim is PROVEN.
Except those who were proven wrongly and then disproved later.

At least we found where the Yamato sunk, in case we'll need it.

Attached: 1419142483215.jpg (469x478, 51K)

>Bullshit, the math field is in constant war over correcting and finding mistakes.
You are absolutely retarded,even your own like only mentions dozens of the hundreds of thousands of correct theorems that exist.

>Except those who were proven wrongly and then disproved later.
Yeah, mistakes haplen.m, that is the nature of these things.

I don't know what you are trying to demonstrate here? The financial crisis had NOTHING to do with a false statistics theorem, the MODELS were wrong, not the math.

>communism had nothing to do with the fall of ussr. the methods were wrong not communism

No. That is a straw man of the highest degree, you didn't even understand what I said and then transfered that misunderstanding on something unrelated.

Anyway, am I being baited? Or why am I being lectured on something I have actually studied by someone who hasn't seen a university on the inside?

That's my last (You), bye.

>even your own like only mentions dozens of the hundreds of thousands of correct theorems that exist.
If you had any mathematical education you'd be able to connect those dozens of "proofs" listed, which are a drop in the water in the full list of disproved proofs, in a domino effect.
Because every time a proof is disproved it also means the necessity to question all other proofs that may have been based off it or took inspiration from it or which it was based on, because those hundreds of thousands of theorems and proofs are interconnected which is also their weakness when faults are found. The fact that you ignored this fact and instead act like 1 proof is isolated just for the sake of playing a minimization argument showcases just how much of a brainlet pseudo-intellectual you are talking in a field you don't know the basic shit about which even highschoolers are taught.

why is Jow Forums so full of brainlets?
Of course there are aliens, and this paper is sufficient scientific proof that's based on actual scientific calculation and not on conspiracy shit

>Statistics is an unpolished and still vastly imperfect field full of holes and fallacies that need to be resolved.

okay, this is epic

SPACE TURDDDD

This paper literally starts off by saying that its spinning has a 5:1 aspect ration and what if its actually only .3mm thick!

It isn't even a theory its just some inane rambling by some astrophysicist with nothing better to do.

>being a tripfag

>doensn't have any features of comets or asteroids
But it does have a feature of comets. It was accelerating as it shot past our system, the reason is thought that it is, for a lack of better word, jettisoning its mass as it moves. Comets have tails and mists, that's how they do.

Zeon intensifies

Attached: file.png (500x948, 241K)

This shit here.
It never ceases to get my blood boiling every time some "scientist" says that any race that has enough technology to travel between stars would be peaceful because they would have evolved beyond the need for violence. Fucking idealists that forget that life itself is a violent struggle between competing forms. Being alive requires the ending of another life. That shit doesn't stop being true just because the other life is intelligent.

But that's driven by competition for resources. If a civilization can produce effectively (keyword effectively) unlimited energy, it wouldn't need to compete for resources.

They're technologically primitive, evidenced by the rock hurled into space instead of something else. They probably lack the intelligence to accomplish anything technological, although hurling a rock into space with a hidden destination shows some intellect so probably a smart type, smart for the aliens type like a brain alien. The only thing we really know for sure is, Buenos Aires is kill. The damn bugs got us, Jonny.

Arguably any civilisation that is spacebourne has no real need for "us" aside from scientific curiosity. They can harvest asteroids, gas giants, and even stars.

With the exception of life every resource on earth is far more abundant in our solar system.

Why did this thread devolve into shiposting about statistics?
Let's look at what happened
>first ever observed interstellar object coming into the solar system
>has a trajectory that crosses the inner solar system and within proximity of the Earth
>elongated, a yet unseen shape for an asteroid
>has a change in its calculated trajectory
>no observed dust coma that would explain this deviation in its trajectory
I'm skeptical, but this is a very compelling case for an alien civilization sending a probe for a flyby of the inner solar system.

Attached: Oumuamua change in trajectory.webm (1280x720, 2.6M)

Well if they are aliems, then I hope that they are the Arrival kind and not Mars attacks.

The object is long gone by now

>first ever observed interstellar object coming into the solar system
How long have we had the ability to detect such objects? For all we know they could be very common. Jumping to alien probe is just retarded speculation.

This. You don't see humans trying to say hello to ants or teach them relativity.

we literally have no idea whether it’s knobbly

That doesn't mean anything. Once that data reaches their civilization or planet they could launch more additional probes for further inspection, and then by 2100, a full-on attack.

Of course, I imagine an advanced intelligent alien species would see no reason to waste their time attacking a primitive world such as ours. I'm sure they have ample amount of resources wherever they came from.

>Went out to the store just now
>Noticed a glowing, bright red orb in the sky
What the fuck.

Before any of you fucks say it, it's not the sun because it's nighttime here.

To be fair ants aren't even conscious or self-aware, so comparing us to something so tiny is a bit wrong. We have also managed to send probs out inside space so we shouldn't be that far behind that we can't comprehend how their world works.

we try to teach animals a lot of shit, not just pet tricks either but there's tons of fucking research about trying to get a cat to ring a bell when it wants food

>See object
>It's moving through space. Like everything else.
>It's kinda thin and pointy

GUYS ALIENS

They have no need for us but I'm sure they're curious if other life exists just like we are. Maybe they haven't found any other living species yet and we'd be the first.

>To be fair ants aren't even conscious or self-aware, so comparing us to something so tiny is a bit wrong.
You do see humans pissing/pouring water into anthills. You see humans cooking ants with magnifying glasses.

>>has a change in its calculated trajectory
>>no observed dust coma that would explain this deviation in its trajectory
Considering the minor change it's not that exceptional. The off-gassing could simply be too minor to be measured. It's weird that it didn't happen nearer from the sun but who knows?

Only since quite recently IIRC.

>You do see humans pissing/pouring water into anthills
yeah, usually children.

>You see humans cooking ants with magnifying glasses.
yeah, usually psychopaths. most normal, well-adjusted people leave them alone. they've also already been studied and examined so there's nothing else to learn from them

>yeah, usually children.
True, but it's done none the less.

>yeah, usually psychopaths
Children, not psychopaths. They're fucking insects, cuck. You step on bugs, and you don't think twice about it. Are you a jainist hindu faggot?

>Children, not psychopaths
No there are adults that burn ants and do other shit.

>They're fucking insects, cuck.
Nobody goes out of their way to kill insects though. Only if they're in the way. If I see a caterpillar crawling on the ground I'm not going to immediately jump on it for no reason.

>No there are adults that burn ants and do other shit.
Okay, a few, but it's rare. Most psychopaths keep moving on to bigger animals or just stop.

>Nobody goes out of their way to kill insects though
I literally do. If I'm walking, and I see an insect, I make sure I step on it as I walk by. I fucking hate insects. Invasive shits, all of them.

Who's to say that we appear self-aware to a superior being? What if the aliens were so much more intelligent than us that we would seem to them as intelligent as ants do to us?

Most likely a Type 2 civilization technology. It may look like an asteroid to the simple but understand that the depths of deep space is the equivalent of trekking uncharted waters beyond the US Boarder. It's most likely designed to look in unison with its environment. Also by the look of it, its a cylinder shape is that extends to 20 miles in length with a 1.7 mile with in barrel. It could be designed, built and operated in (Type-1) but (Type-2) all the way.

Actually, it's estimated dimensions are less than 1 km long

I've seen a UFO once, and it looked nothing like common depictions of UFOs

Cool story, bruh.

Much like the premise of the thread.

But I saw Man of Steel