Are ThinkPads a meme?

I am thinking of buying a laptop for light office work and was looking around at ThinkPads. And man they look fugly.
Compare a T480 to say a Dell Vostro 3478.
Has all the same features and same upgradability with half the price.
Also doesn't come with Lenovo's cock holster certificate.
Also also fully supports libreboot
Fuck this ugly ThinkPad shit
Dell for the win

Attached: fuck-chinky-fuckpads.jpg (570x400, 28K)

Thinkpads aren't memes they're great laptops and they're not ugly you fucking mongoloid

Honestly, laptops are pretty much worthless at this point

if you were smart, you would invest in a new iPad Pro.

They are fucking ugly objectively though
Who wants a red wart in the middle of the fucking keyboard
Lol with
Who even uses a mouse
And if you do use a mouse for professional work wouldn't you want to use a external mouse comfortably?
Fuck you for calling me a mongloid
Your bastard mum was a whore

>supports libreboot
no it doesn't

And what if someone doesn't like fucking iOS?
And just wants to try new distros instead of actually working on his machine?

Attached: 1540727810583.jpg (326x294, 34K)

Ok maybe not completely
But nor do the new ThinkPads
There are lot of problems with various configurations where the graphics card doesn't work or the finger print sensor is useless

Also the resolution and specs are shit for the premium they take from fuckers like you

no support at all for the vostro 3478, not even coreboot

Ok
But what about the problems with the finger print readers the new ThinkPads?

Also the premium price and the bulky design

You see...
Not everyone can get their hands on an IBM ThinkPad...or would like to use a second hand laptop even if they could get their hands on one

congrats user, your fantastic post has convinced Jow Forums to stop using the laptop you don't like in favor of the laptop you do like

Hahaha
As if I came here to just convince you motherfuckers
Chill out fuckface

thinkpads arent a meme but libreboot is

>finger print readers
who the fuck gives their biometric data to a machine
>premium price
gonna let you in on a little secret, user. no one here buys their thinkpads retail
>bulky
don't be a pussy

>Not everyone can get their hands on an IBM ThinkPad...or would like to use a second hand laptop even if they could get their hands on one
those people are idiots

Ok
I agree
Giving biometric to a machine is fucking stupid

But so is using second electronics

Worst bait i've ever seen.

>be me
>try to find out the price for the laptop this moron is shilling
>2nd google result is amazon.in
Really makes you think.

Why would you ever buy Chinese though.

Jow Forums obsesses over them, so of course they're a fucking meme. This is a board that thinks Linux is good for home use, CRTs are the best display technology and every piece of software that phones home or collects any data is a 'botnet'. Never get into anything these autistic mongs like

Thinkpads are a good pleb filter.

>Also also fully supports libreboot
Citation needed

lol product page is dell singapore

confirmed: vostro 3478 is cheap plastic oem garbage marketed as a business laptop in "emerging markets" where they don't know any better

This. Buy a Fujitsu.

And what is the "better" you speak of?
Spending more money for inferior specs?
What are my options for a laptop

X1 Carbon is GOAT

Please give the money...
I'll buy the shit out of it

It's the same as saying Ferrari is GOAT to someone looking to buying a car

i hear thinkpads are pretty good. just move out of your slum (if the regional warlord/caste system allows it) and make enough money to buy one (USD, not zeny or beads or whatever you people use)

Ok got it
What until then?
Please suggest a laptop for basic text editing which is not an eye sore

A shit keyboard will do since I plan on using a external mechanical keyboard anyway

yes thinkpad are a meme just bought a Dell latitude 5491 with i7 8850H and its a beast

It has a TN panel though...

>no one here buys their thinkpads retail

I bought mine straight from the Lenovo website.

Not even a real Thinkpad, just a throttlebook - you should have bought a Macbook Air if you like that kind of crap.

Which one would you recommend

MacBook Air checks all the boxes for me except the screen and the ability to run GNU/Linux
Recommend a laptop with similar design philosophy and price

Whichever fits your specific needs the best.
One reason I bought from the website was so I could pick the exact configuration I want: not paying for shit I don't need and not missing out on any goodies I do want.

>It support libreboot
>Ok it supports coreboot
>Ok it has no support at all

Attached: 32411234123.jpg (300x195, 15K)

yep thinkpads are fugly asf

These kinds of laptops are wayyyy better(in pic)

Attached: hpspectre.png (573x430, 98K)

>And man they look fugly.
>Compare a T480 to say a Dell Vostro 3478
What a shitty opinion.

What the fuck is one supposed to do
The only option touted by fuckers around here is the XPS meme which is too expensive and/or thin for my taste.

>old ThinkPads with 16:10 screens
Still kinda a meme but legitimately good laptops and not too expensive either.
>new ThinkPads with 16:9 screens
A joke taken too far.

But they are made by the HP niggers

>>old ThinkPads with 16:10 screens
You'd be lucky to open to Firefox tabs on them

Oh come on, Firefox isn't THIS bad yet.

at least attractive laptops like hp spectre, macbooks and dell xpses don't look like literal bricks and actually look like something someone might want

Modern Thinkpads don't look like bricks either.
They are genuinely nice looking, just more masculine than the extremely feminine trend that all the Apple copycats are following.

Macfag here. Design-wise, older ThinkPads are still great. Specre and XPS look like cheap knock offs.

Do a basic search before making a claim.
Don't lie by implying it supports coreboot on a technical board.

If you cared about Freedom you would go with a libreboot or coreboot machine and deal with the price or size. If you don't care about a fully Free machine then you have plenty of other options. But you won't be happy with either- its all either too bulky, too expensive, or too thin according to you.

If you're looking for basic text editing then anything will do. If you're tight on money then get a chromebook.

>I want a laptop that has A E S T H E T I C S
fuck off

Thinkpads weren't a meme; up until about the t420. Not sure why people buy them now.

If you're going to buy a thinkpad but can't afford something brand new, then try to get a t430 or earlier. Those thinkpads didn't use gimped mobile cpu's

If you can get over the keyboard then the x3x aren't that bad either. My old x230 with an i7-3520M outperforms most modern laptops, it's fucking ugly though

>Not sure why people buy them now.
Because they are still the best laptops money can buy.

It's slightly faster than passively cooled Broadwell Core M.

I couldn't get the same specs for cheaper, and I got a trackpoint for my last purchase (labor day sale on top of coupon code_

aside from stylus support I'm happy with my x380

the x8x series uses the 8th gen processors. It's the first line of mobile cpu's that can outperform the old x3x series

what?
I think you have your naming conventions fuzzy
the 380 has 8th gens

What's a computer?

A miserable pile of secrets

>premium
I paid $300 something for a thinkpad with an i7, a 1TB EVO, 16GB memory and discrete graphics. stop arguing about fucking brands dude, nobody cares. the people who like thinkpads do so for their own reasons, go do whatever the fuck you want and stop shitting up Jow Forums.

What's a good cheap, relatively free laptop (my current laptop supports a rather high number of OSes (even memes with less hardware support than LibertyBSD), but is slow as balls) that, most importantly, IS SOLD BY A MAJOR COMPANY! I wanted a thinkpad, but it's 200-300$ on the shipping alone

shitpads are a meme, just like everything else on Jow Forums

>They are fucking ugly objectively though
>objectively
I think they look good, so your shitpost goes straight to trash. Stop using meme words you don't understand. If you enjoy sucking dicks it doesn't make it an objectively great activity. In fact it has absolutely nothing to do with objectivity.

Attached: 1512337312158.jpg (645x729, 81K)

That's what I said... the x8x series uses 8th gen processors

Thinkpads are cheap, reliable, and powerful. If you don't like them don't buy them

refurb latitude or elitebook