After seeing Luke videos, I'm starting to learn groff for my documents...

After seeing Luke videos, I'm starting to learn groff for my documents. It's really cool but I don't know how to embed images in my documents(jpg, png)

Attached: grutroff.png (928x1198, 32K)

Thanks for the update! We really do appreciate your continued contribution to Jow Forums - technology blogs

why not just use latex?

Fuck Luke

>that scrot
wow Linux font rendering is improving I see

It's lighter, it's standard in unix environment, I find the ms macro and eqn syntax simpler, the reference management is better and the overall quality of the document is almost the same as LaTeX or any TeX macros

it's not a scrot, it is a pic from the internet

>damage control
lincels errybody

It's not, are you stupid or something?
Thanks for the bump tho

Convert Image to ps by installing imagemagick and typing

convert poop.jpg poop.ps

Then include it in the groff ms file like this (the number is optional and resizes it)

.PSPIC poop.ps 2

Then compile it like this

groff -ms -p poopdoc.ms -Tps | ps2pdf - - > poopdoc.pdf

Attached: lizzy2.jpg (384x396, 68K)

Ye, I've been looking for alternatives as well, and Lukes video helped out a lot. Now I'm getting comfy with groff

Attached: 1540088029756.jpg (843x720, 81K)

>After seeing Luke videos
Fuck off Luke, nobody watches your videos. Besides, it's a really bad idea to use groff for anything. Just stick with LaTeX or markdown, depending on the task.

it's too mainstream

This.

You can also use .PDF_IMAGE with mom.

Don't use that meme shit.

>It's really cool but I don't know how to embed images in my documents(jpg, png)
From what I have gathered from the mom manual, this should be no issue if you convert your images to a PDF first, at least if you are using mom.

Not him, but, firstly I wanted to try something different, secondly it isn't a complete and utter mess that is the LaTeX syntax, thirdly it might be fun.

You're a retard. Tons of people watch his videos. Look at the view counts.

hi Luke

I see you still like to pretend you're your own hater

go update your boomer site you attention whore

use org fucking mode.

>use org fucking mode.
Why?

Bloat.

bump

does groff/troff support unicode input?

Just checked the man page for mom and it includes a whole website full of documentation, including a full page on images. Dank.

Mine's at /usr/share/doc/groff-base/html/mom/images.html

>Fuck Luke
That is Disney's job.

Is this a joke? Who the fuck wants to do all that shit just to put an image in a document?

Attached: 1506797011234.jpg (474x473, 12K)