Cyberpunk /cyb/ - The Cyberpunk General

Cyberpunk is now edition

These threads are for discussion of all things Cyberpunk, from movies, TV, websites, games, and even current events.
Related topics range from fashion, to personal security and anonymity, to alternative and creative hardware, and much more.

>What is cyberpunk?
Cyberpunk is a genre of science fiction set in a lawless subculture of an oppressive society dominated by computer technology.

>>> Resources

Attached: cyb.png (1000x667, 1.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=408tWOubRDM
onions.com/
[word
krebsonsecurity.com/2012/06/how-to-break-into-security-ptacek-edition/
github.com/Ronsor/nircd
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Best sources to start picking up info on genetic algorithms and how to make them?

Attached: 1540345388618.png (1920x1080, 2.09M)

bumping for visibility
youtube.com/watch?v=408tWOubRDM

Attached: neotokyo-poster-1.jpg (1009x948, 340K)

I miss you guys.

I like these threads.

anyone else feel like we will live in a real cyberpunk world in like 30-40 years as old men

yes but what can you do? just be happy we'll be here

nothing and im sure as hell not gonna fret about it, being mad at the world for being impure is a good way to be mad and pessimist for no reason when i do have some good stuff going for me

you're right bro, plus, keep healthy and live until then and age won't even matter for long, we'll be machines n shit.

im just gonna die without being a robot

>Cyberpunk is now edition
Excellent. I missed you guys.

Anyone tried this product?
>onions.com/

Attached: soylent.jpg (1500x1500, 71K)

[word in image].com/

idk why this word is filtered

Attached: Soylent.svg.png (640x280, 10K)

cyberpunk was 80s fiction and we're already living in a cyberpunk world right now you stupid fucking zoomer

>That fucking pic

Hoooly shit that brings back memories.
Especially the one where I literally turned into the squeaker yelling "STOP KILLING ME REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

But yeah, that was a REALLY fucking underrated game.

Wish the devs would port it over to unreal 4 for some absolutely neat shit man.

I played a lot today. Still a great game even if it's old.

Attached: neotokyo-poster-2.jpg (1009x948, 223K)

I listen to the soundtrack alot when I want a cyberpunk vibe

dam love the soundtrack but cant get into bc dead game unfortunately.

Currently downloading the game.

Ghost town

Attached: neotokyo.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

Anyone got a suggestion for a new FTP site that permits both large files and making sub directories? ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/ seems to be dead.

What's the fastest way to pwn an ordinary desktop computer behind a standard home firewall?
Are there any other ways than clientside exploits?
Is it possible to, for example, use router exploits to open ports, or firmware exploits to send packets which would pwn the NIC?

Attached: 1522336219091.jpg (480x480, 42K)

Emergency bump! Why so quiet??

Attached: 56318ca8e80a817cb4652bc751f5cf04424b69c3_full.jpg (184x184, 15K)

What do you mean by ''ordinary'' and ''standard''?
It's important to know the OS/Firmware of things for you to be able to exploit them on that layer.
Also what's your end goal? There are many other ways to gain access way easier.

What are easier ways to gain access remotely?

cyberpunk is not technology

email with a payload, impersonate the provider/manufacturer/company via phone call, etc.
basically social engineering is the first thing that comes to mind

If the target machine is behind a NAT and not exposed to the internet in anyway (i.e. no port forwarding from the router) then barring any firmware exploits in the router (like said) that will allow to modify rules or open port-forwarding then its technically impossible w/o client side or SE attacks.

you'll either have to smack his router (read: identify router make and binwalk decompile then reverse engineer firmware available online), attack an application that talks network of his or se him.

>idk why this word is filtered
Jow Forums bullshit

>Note: Do NOT use 'https' for the TracerNeo/Jinteki Industries URLs. The sites won't load if you do.
I cannot get into Jinteki.industries, anyone else having better luck?

woah it's the larping faggot general! hey goys! woooooooooo

The bitterness from /hmg/ never fails to spill over here.

Anyone have the link to that some guys blog where he breaks down how to get into infosec. He lists common skills as well as ctfs and other wargames to do.

I have posted about this in the past but I didn't get any reply so I am going to as again. At this point it certain that we liveIn a world where we no longer have control over the existence of information regarding oneself. It is also a bitter truth that one can not trust in anyone or any machine. I am interested in tips and techniques to protect from social engineering attacks against oneself. Simply put: how to make sure that people who are aware of your personal details to some extent can acquire information they is not for their eyes?

robo doggos when

Attached: 1536008820746.jpg (1600x1038, 373K)

lie with you answer to your security questions

learn to love the singularity

No idea but I am looking forward to an alternative.

t. book collection

IPFS?

>we liveIn a world where we no longer have control over the existence of information regarding oneself
common knowledge at this point
>one can not trust in anyone or any machine
sad truth
>I am interested in tips and techniques to protect from social engineering attacks against oneself. Simply put: how to make sure that people who are aware of your personal details to some extent can acquire information they is not for their eyes?
same here bro, that's why I lurk these threads

It's fucking repackaged Slimfast

Glad that people still play that, Hate that people don't play Divine Cybermancy, It has 4k and 64 player online

Attached: lLwTS8X.jpg (2560x1440, 235K)

Fuck me! I meant can't ...not can in the end

>You're walking back home
>You see this
>WWYD?

Attached: usb-deaddrops.png (1674x867, 1.79M)

NOT sticking it to your laptop.

The AES user mentioned he had a 120 GB curated archive plus 55 GB misc. manga etc. I am sure many would like to see that, the index alone was 2 MB in size.

Not easily accessible to people and you still need the infrastructure for storage. It relies on a torrent and that alone can raise questions around here. In much of Europe people monitor torrent traffic.

yeah sure i'll just whip out my laptop, slam it into the brick wall and see what's on the glory hole usb.

Attached: waitwhat.png (680x445, 536K)

Trying to compile a kernel with security in mind makes me realize how difficult is to pinpoint appropriate options. I don't understand how can one individual know enough to make a sane decision.

>inb4 is the work for a team only

What is security like for IPFS? What little I found seems a bit thin.

What do people actually put on these?
I live near a couple I've always wanted to check out.

Wired to a power socket

Somebody forgot to put the cap back on.
I'd put the cap on.

Attached: i.jpg (427x320, 10K)

>IPFS
IPFS is not intended to be secured at all. Sensitive data should never be put on IPFS

Hell where is your brother /sec/ ??

>your brother /sec/
shut the fuck up.

Attached: 1526801120919.jpg (715x910, 468K)

Hope it's a liveUSB of Gentoo

The eye strain is gonna absolutely kill me

krebsonsecurity.com/2012/06/how-to-break-into-security-ptacek-edition/

Is it? He was the founder of Matasano, I think.

Torrent through i2p?

honestly it sounds like he should go to the existing sources for various things like madokami for the manga, and whatever other existing data stores there are.

all i see is onions

Look around and hope I'm not about to be robbed

I've been thinking about the idea of perhaps a /cyb/ themed BBS, or perhaps a terminal-based forum, kind of like U413 if you remember that.

That would be awesome but you probably won't deliver

why are gay RP threads allowed on this board

>>Jow Forums68399903
The future is now and it is as dystopian as it can gets

I heat my home with crypto miners, it feels kinda cyberpunk with the lights and fans going. Dont ever turn on the heat.

>I mine monero with my phone and warm my hands with it.

There is one already @whisper.onthewifi.com

jinteki.industries is dead

Kudos for removing cybersecurity references.
t. "Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity" user

I think the Jinteki OP is a regular on another message board but I never saw anything about what had happened. There is a site backup elsewhere.

use the Wayback Machine

Divine cybermancy actually good? I played like an hour wasnt cyberpunk really at all

Might give it another go but it seemed pretty fucking shit on first impressions I must say.

but this time with onions protein instead of sugar

start by licking the tip

thel ain cham dot org /%CE%94/res/1784.html#2494

Interesting thread. ^

I want to make a sort of bunker inside I2P with knowlege for the end times, growing food, shelter, water, comms, that sort of thing. I want to store everything on torrents and use URC instead of IRC so most things are decentralized except for the main site.
What similar media do you think should I include?

Attached: 1541255786444.jpg (750x420, 97K)

>URCd
>python
Try nircd github.com/Ronsor/nircd

It is strange to notice that the more low tech medium you use the longer it lasts. 30 year old tapes are unreadable. 5000 year old clay tablets are as readable today as when they were made. So don't go for too high tech if you want these to be accessible in difficult times.

This seems cool. But I don't see what it does better than what urc.py does. nircd seems like federated IRC, but you have to federate it manually. urc.py is decentralized. I can't imagine email would ever be usable if I had to manually link my email server with every other email server out there before being able to send emails to that server, I would not bother.

So you're saying I should carve QR codes into stone tablets?
That's not actually a bad idea.

Then I'll wait for an urc version in C/C++ or something else.

Thanks, the krebs post was not what i was looking for but helps

The original urcd *was* in C. The newer and better version is in Python.

Where do I find original urcd?