Apple are making no bones about the superior performance and efficiency of their in-house custom ARM chips...

Apple are making no bones about the superior performance and efficiency of their in-house custom ARM chips. At this point, they're all but saying "ARM Macs coming soon."

Will they be wiping the floor with Intel come 2020? Who's going to save Windows OEMs when they get utterly humiliated by Apple? Qualcomm? LOL

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-06 at 9.27.06 PM.jpg (1084x870, 145K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/brookecrothers/2016/10/22/apple-smokes-samsung-iphone-7s-a10-chip-tops-galaxy-s7-gives-intel-problems/amp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Where's your proof

this is honestly a pretty hot take opie why aren't you a journalist

The A12X packs enough power to rival a six-core i7 processor at half the price and half the form factor.

windows oems are gonna be chrome os oems

everybody looses

*six core i7 mobile processor

Fucking kill yourself stop spamming Jow Forums with this shit you nigger

What's to stop them from scaling up to desktop performance with a larger form factor?

Where's your proof

I'm going to compare single- and multi-core Geekbench scores and bring up several professional reviews that mention the new iPad Pro's ability to seamlessly handle 50 GB RAW files in Lightroom, and you're going to coolly and casually dismiss all of it in a worthless display of trollish superiority.

>GB
megapixel

>geekbench
Propietary meme. May as well make numbers up.

redundancy

they’re waiting for Adobe and every other major software maker to move their lazy asses and start porting shit over to iOS.

what’s the point of a fast processor when it only benchmarks good

What's your benchmark then? Is it "BUT DOSE IT PLAY MUH SHOOTAN GAYMEZ?"

>Compare App using heavy GPU or Hardware aceleration

>only defense is LOL GAMER XDDDDDDD
Christ.

my 130$ lenovo tablet can seamlessly handle 50mb raw files in the abortion that is lightroom mobile what is your point.

inb4 app'el light room is different

>7 core GPU
someone explain what this means
cus that sounds like woefully inadequate

>seamlessly handle 50 GB RAW files
that's an issue of how files are opened you dumbshit

What is the point of using ARM on a DESKTOP PLATFORM.

GPU begins small cores(cores own control units for feed ALUs) with a lot ALUs plus hardward for graphics and cache for compute or textures.

less sheckels for jewtel also cheaper compuutas

Fucking fat smell rejects of Jow Forums truly don’t understand hardware. The A10 shits on all androids. I used to buy android for the superior hardware. Times have changed

forbes.com/sites/brookecrothers/2016/10/22/apple-smokes-samsung-iphone-7s-a10-chip-tops-galaxy-s7-gives-intel-problems/amp/

Why is the a10 so cozy and snappy Jow Forums with Nvme 900MBps flash?

Attached: 50A41DD3-8FA6-4C5E-BB8C-B3D537BB376C.gif (349x165, 1.94M)

>"This little Lightroom vignette is basically the story of the iPad Pro: either you have to understand the limitations of iOS so well you can make use of these little hacks all over the place to get things done, or you just deal with it and accept that you have to go back to a real computer from time to time because it’s just easier. And in that case, you might as well just use a real computer"

Sounds great do go on about lightroom performance

>android
Android had literally nothing to do with this thread. Do you Apple shills even know how to read?

That's a condemnation of iOS's limitations, not the hardware's.

First thing in the morning, what do I see? A pile of shit staring at me. I close my eyes, I step away. No matter where I go, there’s no getting away. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo. Take your poo to the loo.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo?

I step out on the street. What do I smell? Shit that’s stinky to high hell. I hold my breath, I step away. But everywhere I go, there’s no getting away.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

Shit, not shit, this shit, that shit. Let’s see now. Let me check. Happy birthday. Happy birthday.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, where is that loo.

Take a deep breath. Ayuk!

Abhi hoy, Abhi hoy

Boltho kya,

Abhi hoi

Bolta kya

Bolta Kya

Iski uthooth, take the poo to the loo. Take the poo to the loo. Take the poo – we got to do what we got to do – to the loo. Take the poo – we got to take the pooh to the loo – to the loo. Take the poo, we got to take the poo. Take the poo, we got to take the pooh. We got to, got to, got to, got, got, got, got, got.

Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo.

Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, next to you. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, everywhere. Poo, poo, poo, poo, poo, there’s that poo.

Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo. Let’s take the poo to the loo.

Poo to the loo. Poo to the loo. Poo to the loo. Poo to the loo. Poo to the loo. Poo to the loo.

Attached: 1511664865117.png (1276x667, 378K)

>let's castrate the arm chip so Intel is competitive

>Compare CPUs but wait dont use only CPUs

>don't use hardware acceleration, not fair
>but pls use avx512

>compare hardware acceleration single task design vs instruction set on CPU

>make benchmark
>use only arm hw acceleration
>ignore all x86 hw acceleration
Poo in loo street shitter.

Attached: 1530041063423.jpg (643x960, 256K)

This thread (among others) will be fun to look back on in a few years.

>Today A12X 20 times better than i7
>2020 A14X+ high power 5nm can beat 14nm i7.
But I was rigth.

>Qualcomm
Yes. And it's already started in case you didn't know.

Attached: windows-10-on-arm-laptops-coming-from-samsung-and-xiaomi-519021-2.jpg (1200x675, 64K)

It's funny because Intel will still be stuck on 14nm in 2020.

>emulating x86 apps at a fraction of performance and power efficiency

heheheheh

2019 10nm for desktop and laptops
2020 10nm for servers

>font

Why do we never see these _amazing_ chips doing anything beyond web browsing, whatsapp and Geekbench scores.

Because you've never used an iPad and have nothing better to do than post snarky retorts on Jow Forums.

Because Apple CPUs are a joke and get absolutely destroyed in every real world use case, even basic shit like typing text.

Attached: 1524196146822.webm (1280x546, 2.76M)

>Deep learning autocomplete is shit

theyre only for the luxury good market now

>blaming hardware for bad software
I bet you hit your screen whenever an error pops up

The real question is why haven't they come if they're so good?

The reason is they're not. They get high performance through specialized "engines" on the die but you can't have specialized "engines" for everything.