/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: __mc_axis_drawn_by_shimada_fumikane__5fe68b7757a6d0b6fd0cd322bcc933fa.jpg (2194x3478, 744K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/ESS-Laboratories-Hybrid-Headphones-Technology/dp/B07CNJ55R2/
raalrequisite.com/
monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12001&cs_id=1082707&p_id=33455&seq=1&format=2
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-audio-gd-nfb28-28-dac-and-headphone-amp.5147/
audiobudget.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=HXqYajt67J4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Budget
40-50 dollars would be ideal. will go up to 100 for real quality
>Location
USA
>Source
LG V35 with a quad dac, and laptop. mostly the v35
>Type of headphone
IEM, preferably with a mic but isn't essential
>Comfort level
comfy but I can just replace the tips so whatever
>Sound signature
neutral, slight warmth
>Past headphones
best (ie most expensive) iem's I ever used were the soundmagic e10's. wasn't really impressed 2bh. only sounded slightly better than my 10 dollar panasonic iems

>Budget
$100
>Location
US
>Source
Phone
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Comfort level
Ultra
>Sound signature
Warm with clear vocals

Attached: 1443689428046.jpg (960x720, 97K)

Beyerdynamic #1

Attached: 11345667578.jpg (4032x3024, 3.33M)

is Zeos /ourguy/?

i blame idol chan

Chinkfiman cuckolds on suicide watch.

tin t2, preorder for only 27.72 on aliexpress rn
or if you wanna save up a couple dollars, tfz queens, same site or amazon.

FUCK ALL PIZZA NIGGERS AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1541562856837.jpg (525x621, 37K)

I tried L300 STAX and didn't like them. What other options are there for "endgame?"

To be clear they don't sound bad at ALL. They just feel kind of strange if that makes any sense.

Do they still have beyer treble rape?

maybe if he actually talked about sound and didn't rant autistically for 15 minutes

1990 have the less treble out of the whole range

i am the gandhi of headphones
these suck, but i also use them for... idk walking outside. buy them at my affiliate link.

I should try them sometime

Then wtf is up with the measurements people have taken?

He's lying to you. If you find the DT990 bright the DT1990 will be just as bright if not brighter because of it's reduced bass.

>has never tried them
>trust me i know what im talking about

Shut the fuck up.

> it's reduced bass.

Idiot, the bass is still there. Except it's a lot smoother and way more responsive.

>do weed
>all headphones sound equally amazing

Attached: 1541477123502.jpg (474x494, 43K)

Very common problem with STAX and why they're so unpopular. Decent budget alternative to the HD800 though.
Pick up a second hand HD800, EQ it, done best headphone in the world below $3000 enjoy

Are these the new frontier for the Takstar pro 82?

Attached: 1541549106359.jpg (1620x1080, 94K)

far from it

what about planar memenetics? I got to try LCD2 Classic, I liked em. My friend will part with them for 650

best equalizer extension for foobar?

>Budget $200
>Location USA
>Source PC
>Type of headphone IEM (?)
>Open or closed closed
>Comfort level very comfortable pref
>Sound signature bassy/warm
>Past headphones athm50x dt990

liked the sound of the ath m50x but they were super uncomfortable. looking for something with a mic but not necessarily.

do a system wide EQ like Equalizer APO + Peace GUI

If you already heard them and now for certain they are what you want in a headphone then you should already know the answer.
I have an LCD2 and wish I would have just bought an HD800 or L300 instead though.
They're certainly not bad. I love how comfy the pads are and how well they seal(seems to provide really nice bass) but the tonality is just so fucking warm/dark even with audeze reveal plugin.

Just buy another $10 iem.

To the user looking at final audio e3000s:
i have the final audio heaven 2s and i would wholeheartedly recommend it. i have the tin t2s as well. I think the heavens beat it on comfort and sound. Tin T2s do not give a good fit for me and the cables are fussy

I was moreso asking if that's a good price than anything else

is there any way to test if positional audio is working with my headphones? i've been having some problems in games but don't know if that's the issue. they're sennheiser 4.50 btncs

are hd650s a meme

>His headphones don't use AMT drivers
amazon.com/ESS-Laboratories-Hybrid-Headphones-Technology/dp/B07CNJ55R2/

Attached: 81cd9drREUL._SL1500_.jpg (1218x1500, 119K)

Oh sorry it's a good price if you're set on the lcd2c and not the lcd2f. Lcd2f used is $500. When the LCD2C is on sale it's only $600 but who knows when it will next be on sale. It's fair.

i want good ones

Thanks

There are none

Are there any noise cancelling headphones that are less than $100 that are worth a damn? I don't care about Bluetooth capabilities.

Attached: 003.jpg (875x1308, 162K)

>his headphones don't use ribbons
raalrequisite.com/

Attached: sdX63Ho.jpg (960x1280, 195K)

this a scam?
monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12001&cs_id=1082707&p_id=33455&seq=1&format=2

probably a kingsound rebrand

Hey, the new 1990 guy, which pads are you using? Analytical (4 holes) or the Balanced ones?

M50x need a amp/dac or nah?

Ive got them plugged into the back of my motherboard.

Attached: 1541402816243.png (1000x584, 1.04M)

No, they don't.

Custom One Pro + V-Moda Boompro.

Wtf should I use to drive my 250ohms dt770s

BUY MY BIG DAC

Attached: 3C8E632D-51DA-41F1-AA19-62AC5FC02FAD.jpg (1500x1000, 177K)

Thinking of buying grado sr80es with the replacement band currently on massdrop. tell me why I shouldn't. Currently have a pair of se598s and CIEMs

Would anyone here be able to help me troubleshoot an issue i m having with my headphones?

>Would anyone here be able to help me troubleshoot an issue i m having with my headphones?
What is the problem

Attached: 1528423346601.jpg (433x433, 38K)

Rip Audio-GD
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-audio-gd-nfb28-28-dac-and-headphone-amp.5147/

>Amir Amir
>Alle wollen nur dich zähmen
>Amir Amir
>Am ende gefangen zwischen deinen zähnen

Attached: A8523705-DA8C-40C7-AFC9-DF6348206EB5.jpg (250x166, 10K)

i cant hear game audio behind me, i can tell you my parts if needed

Sure

>no listening impressions, only measurements
Autism

My headphones are Astro A40 TR's (without mixamp) my motherboard is ASUS P8Z77-M and you can ask for any others that might be necessary (dont know if i have a sound card)

Based topping shitting all over snake oil companies

Attached: Audio-gd NFB28.28 DAC and Headphone Amplifier Power at 300 ohm Measurements.png (1073x619, 100K)

they sound not as they measure, it happens with some cups
but there is definite treble there, if you are used to 600s/650 they may sound slightly harsher and very closed
but seriously there is not reason to go from 600 to these, I tried, they sound the same
a little bit more detail in music and weirdly less detail in games/movies
I've no clue how did that happen but I returned them.

Let's get this out of the way first, have you tried using other headphones and checking if the issue persists?

why is he insists on measuring NFB circuits? he knows they measure like shit 100% of times? it's how they built - NO FEEDBACK

god those things are $250, why didn't you do any research before buying this shit?

Yes but it was less noticable (audio was more balanced), because i dont think that it mutes it so much as it makes it really quiet

check if you got stereo enabled in sound settings

Idk if there is an option (skyrim btw)

all the people i know who have had them have had good experiences with them, could they be incompatible with something or are you just saying that they are shit in general?

in windows settings, right click on dynamic icons - sounds-playback-choose one that's active(run some music and see which one got sound level)- propeties-advanced - confirm it got 2-channel in there
in spatial sound/ or special effect - disable everything

yes, they are shit in general. you could've got VERY decent mid-fi headphones for the money

What is the solution to the Jewish problem in the headphone community?

Attached: 1517952423586.png (1276x716, 1.07M)

What are some IEMs with good soundstage? My ATH-LS200 is severely lacking in this department.

i dont have spatial sound, only thing in advanced is something about sample rate permissions

schiit fulla or FiiO E10K?

e10k.

>no feedback amplifier
>lets measure it
>Jesus Christ, why does it do bad in graphs?

amirm def has autism and a grudge against audio-gd.

What do people mean by beyer treble rape? What does that mean exactly? I don't own any beyers and and quite ignorant to HIFI but would that be a problem if I like bassy music?

Fiio Q1 Mk2 is a better E10K

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Nice OP.

Attached: 1525290952779.png (1280x721, 847K)

If your music has any hint of sparkly sounds, like some cymbals, your eardrums will be torn apart by any Beyer.

Only Beyer owners that get used to the constant rape defend them. It's like Stockholm Syndrome but for headphones.

Also they like to claim they have good bass, and never compare them to actually good bass headphones like TR-X00s/Th610/ or the new Denon 5200/7200 or other Biodynas

audiobudget.com/
Based Amir.

dont forget the boomers best choice grados, their treble put even beyers to shame.

By buying AMD, user.

Attached: 1535890751241.png (1522x1212, 998K)

Anything but the DT1990 / T1 second generation are all shit and rape your ears.

Based amir

Well if I want something with actual bass, but also good treble and doesn't cost a lot (150-200~ USD)
What should I go for? I hear sennheisers have lmaonobass
I'm also willing to buy a DAC/AMP if they require one

I wish I had a nazi gf.
She dies in her route.

unironically give the DT880 a try and ignore what people here say, because half the anons here hate the fuck out of sennheisers and the second half hates the fuck out of beyers

open or closed? you want bass quality or quantity?

The CAL! (Creative Aurvana Live 1) is amazing for its price range and it has a Teak variant that should be in that price range with wooden cups.

The ATH-WS1100 has amazing clear bass and great imaging, a truly great can for games.

Sony MDR-1A and Denon AhD1200 have less bass but they are really good too with a warm sound signature.

Maybe used X00 on ebay can be found on that price range too. Same for older Denon biodynas like de D5000.

Closed back is preferred
I like nigger bass but I don't want it sounding like a distorted mess so I guess a mix of both quantity and quality.

According to that math we can say 100% of the thread hates hot gar

youtube.com/watch?v=HXqYajt67J4
listen to this, on 1990- S sounds are like scratching metal

lol you don't own them graph reader

I returned them, owned them for two whole weeks. They are brilliant for music and suck at everything else.

then give a dt770 a try, they are comfy as fuck, well built, have a really good soundstage for a closed can and very good bass, i found the treble too harsh and the mids too recessed and didnt like them for that, but if you like niggerbass you probably are used to v shaped headphones. if you dont have an amp i would not pick the 250 ohm, go with the 80ohm. i suggest using amazon so you can return them if you didnt like them

Could I theoretically EQ the treble and mids and it would make it a lot better?

Or you could simply not buy Beyer garbage

It almost seems like you either go for beyer treble garbage, get some ATH or sennheisers and enjoy zero bass. or you take a chance on some underground company headphones that cost as much as a car.
I just want to enjoy my music not have a spreadsheet open comparing graphs and price points FUCK

One month ago I bought a pair of HE-400i. Today I've started hearing buzzing coming from the left cup and now the audio is cutting out.
I'm guessing the stock cable is fucked because the audio cuts out every time I turn my head to the left. I don't have a spare cable to test it out (it's in the mail).
What are the chances or the female 2.5mm is the thing that fucked up and not the cable? Should I return them and just order HD600?

Attached: 1540673792489.png (295x256, 130K)

what
say is the reason i suggested dt770, i dont like beyers at all, but at that price point, closed, good bass there is that. i like more my 380pro but they sound wierd compared to other headphones and i'm sure a lot of people wont like them as much as me. i also love the he4xx, very good bass quality but not much quantity, and they are open, user want closed. hd25 also very good bass, aggressive sound not lacking mid and not rape treble but on-ear+killer clamp would make a bad suggestion i think. but other may have other suggestions i guess?

try to invert the the cable and find if the problem turn in the right cup maybe?

Okay, are the Vmoda m100's good then?

>try to invert the the cable and find if the problem turn in the right cup maybe?
Switched the cables and the buzzing still persists in the left cup. I'm guessing it's either fucked or something is not connected right, which causes buzzing. My first impression was to shit all over HiFiMAN because the headphones feel cheap. Brb, going to check all the connections.

>Trying out DT1990 in games
>Sound-stage so perfect, separation so perfect, it picks up smokes / nades thrown across the map in CSGO

You continue to surprise me, beyer.