Newest upgrad

did i fuck up?

in b4 nvidia shills say you should of bought a 1080 (so we can get rid of our overstock)

i went from 2 970s in sli.

the goddamn heatsink on this beast makes the card eat 3 slots.in the back of the case

Attached: rtx 2070.jpg (720x960, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FPombfzp7qw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Enjoy your overheating memory chips.

i don't think that will be an issue with this one..

Attached: dat heatsink.jpg (659x235, 59K)

>dumb enough to buy the 3.5gb 970's
>even dumber to buy RTX garbage
It's almost like you enjoy getting fucked in the ass.

Attached: 1535835053166.png (500x533, 66K)

im going from 1 gtx 970 and i'm looking at this(my pic) or similar on ebay

Attached: Screenshot (107).png (1920x1080, 625K)

It's like pottery.

only had 2.. and only bought 2nd cheap off craigslist so i wouldn't have to bother with a 10 series card.

this is what i mean about how big this zoggin heatsink is..

Attached: in the box.jpg (720x960, 132K)

It doesn't matter how big heatsink is if doesn't touch chips.

>It doesn't matter how big heatsink is if doesn't touch chips.
it does... evga did something right for once..

Buying 20xx that isn't the 2080TI is the dumbest idea. With the 2080TI, you're paying a premium for 30% increased performance over the 1080TI. With the 2080/2070, you're paying a premium for nothing but the RTX.

Return that garbage and save for a 1080TI.

>should of
yeah you fucked up retard

Is it worth buying Rtx 2080 TI with all the memory issues I read about? I want to buy a new GPU but I can't decide which one should I buy one of these two GTX 1080 ti and RTX 2080 T

I don't know if memory issues are a meme, but mine artifacts when I try to OC memory above 650. I'm using a MSI card, so it's probably because it already comes factory OC'd, so raising it above 650 is actually higher than a FE card OC'd to 1000.

Aside from that, the card runs like a dream. I don't get any artifacts in any games besides DQ11.

Attached: 4e89d0f97f[1].jpg (1427x873, 349K)

you fucked up 2 970 can overclock to way higher performance than a 2070.

there is already 999$ 2080ti on market and their will be cheaper 2080 soon as well.

you failed.

why are your cables all fucked like that, user?

that might well be the case
op is a legit retarded faggot

I have rtx 2080. upgraded from r9 390 that died a couple of weeks ago, performance boost is incredible and temps after heavy gaming are between 68 and 74 c depending on the game. Bought an asus model and its almost completely silent, very happy with it overall but it wont run agony...its crashed twice on startup and when i got it to run it crashed bad on exit. No other issues as yet and loving how smooth no masn sky is now :D
Im by no means wealthy but i intend to keep this card for at least 2 years so the price isnt too extreme and as already stated, the boost over m old card is great.

>:D

>fully modular PSU
>complete shitshow of a cable management
>buying RTX
>huge case/small mobo

>did i fuck up?
Yes, immensely, immeasurably so.
youtube.com/watch?v=FPombfzp7qw
Return it while you still can.
An nvidia shill would tell you to buy a 2080ti. There is literally no reason for you to purchase a 2070. None. A used 1080 or new 1080 can be had for the same price. A vega64 is like the same price and performs better. If you fell for Jensen's "RAYTRACING IS THE FUTURE" speech, yout better damn well realize no relevant games will support it for a few years, and by then your 2070 will be outdated as shit. As it stands now, even the RTX 2080ti can't maintain more than 33-48fps in shadows of the tombraider with rtx. Framerates are even more disgusting in bfV. And that's just games actually coming out soon that support it for the meme reflections.
Trust me. Buy a 1080 or v56/v64 depending for the same or lower price. Throw that RTX shit back in the box it came in and ship it back to amazon or newegg or whoever you bought it from. Please. For your own sake.
Also, back to /v/
also, install gentoo.

Hint: if you need to get your purchase verified and positive reassurance from random anons, it probably wasn't a good purchase.

This is because Nvidia wants you to display their logo more than anything else in your case.
Of the two, a 1080ti is a much better purchase.
That said, videocards are tools to accomplish something. What are you even trying to do or play with them? What resolution? What software? You can probably get away with a GTX1060 or RX580 unless you're doing like, cuda development or something.

Hey OP, where do you live? I need a loose hole to casually nut in, and I was thinking of using yours.

>did i fuck up?
yes you did

My 2080ti is fine

>cable management
fuck you reddit autists. You open your case once in 5 years when the hardware breaks. no need for cable management when you need to rip out the mobo anyway.

>Only had 2
did you think he was saying you had 3.5 cards or what??

>should of
every time

Attached: 1540883161743.jpg (690x720, 77K)

why did you cheap out on the cpu heatsink?