Can we all agree this is the best text editor?

Attached: sublime-text-3.jpg (800x450, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

onivim.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

Its not vim, so no.

inb4 Reeeeeee emacs reeeeeee

>not nano
Goodbye

It was good. If it was open sourced a few years back we could have avoided this entire 'just use a browser' mess.

It was my first text editor after notepad++. I'd never go back. VScode is just too fucking nice.

I started on VScode but find myself using Sublime more and more lately.

So you started writing code about 3 years ago, or sooner? Your opinion on text editors doesn't matter.

All I use is sublime. I don't need a fancy text editor. I would use vim but i need something better looking.

Well that's not very nice, is it?!
Based and sublimepilled.

CUDA text is better

/thread

EMACS

vim > your shit editor

I've used sublime for at least 4 years and have made $400k at least from using it. Definitely worth the $80 or so.

you'd have made more if you used vim

>proprietary

>CUDA text
>doesn't use cuda

Cuda is actually a word that means something else than cuda cores.
But imagine text editor that ran only on cuda cores...

don't reply to these autists.
guy has been jerking off on vim for 20 years in his mother's basement and thinks he's relevant

spbp

I can. All the extensibility of Atom but without the Electron bloat. Feels so comfy.

Proprietary garbage.

>sublime

Attached: 1537476183728.jpg (460x432, 31K)

brackets anyone?

Shit tier : nano, atom, sublime, emacs
God tier: nvim

Sublime Text is closed source

Enough said.

Yes, whenever possible I choose products that lets me pay for them outright, you always end up paying in one way or another so I much prefer to get that out of the way early with a couple dollars

So? Are you afraid it contains malware or something? The creator(s) of sublime use it to earn a living, they have more of an incentive to deliver a quality product than some GitHub fosstards >doing it for free. The fact that all those "open source" or freeware alternatives are garbage is proof enough.
Vscode: telemetry, electron based so slow as shit uses like a gig of ram, other than that it's not that bad I suppose
Atom: same as above but with even worse performance
Notepad++: ok performance but looks like shit and lacks features, like a worse sublime
Vim & emacs: archaic garbage, like gentoo they are memes autistic neck beards use to show each other how much of a 1337 hacker they are. Both have horrendous user experience based on nonstandard keybindings that you are expected to "learn". Both require extensive manual configuration and dozens of plugins for even basic functionality
"Cudatext": sublime knockoff by some Pascal Boomer who is so shameless he even made the icon look the same
Brackets: never used it before but Adobe and the fact that no one ever mentions it probably says enough
Everything else: not worth mentioning

This

>nano
are you mentally ill ?

If he wanted to make a living, he should have gotten a job.

who the fuck would use brackets for anything other than html/css?

also who the fuck writes significant amounts of html/css these days?

also isn't it made by adobe or some shit? might as well be using dreamweaver.

This

jetbrains if you enjoy a "just works" but heavy beast

vscode otherwise

vim/emacs if you have autism or are incapable of purchasing a mouse and think learning a bunch of hotkeys to just highlight something is a good idea.

>no Common User Access
Sorry man, I've been babby ducked by modern software. vim is still the only option for ssh though.

>Suggesting vim as an editor
I would never use an editor or ide without vim mode active, but once you have that you pretty much have all nice features the vim editor offers.
Any editor + vim mode > vim

This
/thread

Unpopular opinion on sublime (on gee):
its just werks

jetbrains can be heavy to start, but after some plugins I found vscode much much worse for performance. Ridiculous latency for input, auto complete so slow I often finished typing my variable/function names before it even showed up.
Jetbrains products show auto complete suggestions near instantly.

I really like it

Fuck vim jockeys tbqh

Even more unpopular opinion:
I use both vim and sublime on linux and windows respectively and they both just werk

you sound like the retard in my class who failed linux in class assignment in college because he didnt know how to exit out of vim

What's wrong with n++ other than the dev being an SJW faggot?

his job is developing sublime and other related tools.

he works like a freelance programmer for that matter

FUCKING NEET FAGGOT KYS

Not enough features

Kys

If you *are* writing HTML/CSS, then Brackets is way better than DreamWeaver (even though it's still made by Adobe). It implements a lot of really nice features like smarter text prediction, colour previews over hex codes and Chrome integration for live previews of your page as you edit. Gone are the days of a split edit/preview window running in an outdated browser.

>$80
You havin a laff, mate?

It was unique when it came out, but I'm pretty sure Atom/VSCode can do most of those now

No, Code OSS is.

Attached: com.visualstudio.code.oss.png (128x128, 1K)

>his job is developing sublime and other related tools.
Still no reason to trust him.
He can show whatever amount of good will, it's still no proof he won't fuck with users at some point or if he already did.
Not that I care, I use geany.

Who cares? If you're LARPing as a developer, then yeah, I see how $80 might be a lot, but if you're doing it professionally, $80 is negligible.

Except the binary on microsoft site is not foss software.
compile it yourself or you're in proprietary lands.

Nothing outside of vim/emacs is acceptable

Attached: sledgang.jpg (675x675, 110K)

>compile it yourself
Why would I go to the trouble of saying "Code OSS" and posting the FOSS logo instead of saying "VSCode" if I didn't mean exactly that?

my bad, didn't know this was a thing and though it was some pr BS from microsoft about vs code.

according to Jow Forums vim is the best text editor, followed by VSCode

Attached: text editors 2018.png (962x930, 53K)

Some people just dont want to use botnets how is that hard to understand?

Then why are you running compiled binaries that you downloaded from the internet instead of reviewing the source code of everything yourself? Are you using a free and open motherboard/router/phone as well? Or better yet, why do you give a shit about any of that instead of being paranoid by default and slapping anything you run into a sandbox that can't access the internet or your files?

And you use both constantly. Code OSS for the heavy programming, and vim for pidding around in a remote shell.

Notepad++
Vi
Tedpad as notepad.exe replacement
That is all

BTFO
T
F
O

Checkout oni editor, user.