If I wanted to learn C++ eventually , what would be a good first language to learn...

If I wanted to learn C++ eventually , what would be a good first language to learn? I was thinking either python or java.

Attached: c++.png (1224x618, 9K)

C. Not only is C++ literally based on C, but learning C first builds a basic understanding of computer architecture. Plus, C is the all time comfiest language, so learning it first will give it a special place in your heart.

go balls deep into c++

i heard this is a bad idea. dunno know why.

C > C++
Python > Java

Some people say because when you go from C to C++ or vice-versa you have to unlearn things from one language in order to not create an error in the other

If your endgoal is C++, then you start with C++ retard

>hurr durr I want to take twice as long to learn the skill I want

Why not learn C++ from the beginning if you already know that it's your goal?

You should probably start with C so you can get experience with some things that don't come up in other programming language intros (pointers, memory management, etc). In C, it's a requirement that you know how to do this stuff so you can do things that other languages can do without putting any thought into it.

so basically this. but Java is the comfiest language of all time.

>some things that don't come up in other programming language intros (pointers, memory management, etc).

C++ has these. He doesn't need to start with C to experience them

i started with Java and moved on to C++, i think as far as syntax and everything it's definitely an easier language to learn if you wanna jump over to C++ easily. that being said there's so many habits you need to break from Java as far as how your code is actually organized but if you take note of that you should be aight

That depends on your preference of verbosity. If you like verbose languages, C# and Java would be good. If not, start with a C based or a functional language.

which is kinda the point. OP asked for a first lang that presumably wasn't C++. so the closest thing is (obviously) C.

Python is probably the easiest language to get started with, and also useful. If you want to learn C++, make sure you do it from a modern book (i.e. first published the last decade, uses C++11 or later) and don't assume anything you would do in C applies to C++ (it can, but its usually the wrong way to do things).

Learning C first is a good way to learn C++ wrong.

I see, but yeah you should just keep bullying him like the rest of us to just start with C++

Just learn C++.

why the fuck do you really wanna learn java first?Some pajeets say it's the best programming language right now, but it's in reality trash with an terrible syntax and bugs.People only learn it just so it can give them jobs.Learn ruby instead, the syntax is oriented in being easy to read, it is good for web devolopment or consider trying out python, it's more popular than ruby, can also gives you jobs and you can also get into things like machine learning eventually.And if you wanna go based mode just learn C.You learn from it the most, it's the best programming language I know

Is coding a chan with php a good idea? My friend and i have only been coding for a few months and we have a few issues since going live.

C++? Though don't mutilate your brain yet and start with Lisp or C at least.

>what would be a good first language to learn?
C++

Python

Attached: python.jpg (1156x1365, 136K)

yes

Go with Elixir.

It'll teach you functional programming and proper concurrency.
It's the future.

both are memes

Python -> C# -> C -> C++

virgins will disagree

memes are the future.

>i heard this is a bad idea. dunno know why.
There are pros and cons.
Pros:
You learn pointers, the execution and memory model. These are virtually identical in C and C++. Control flow structures are also identical.
Cons:
Idiomatic C and C++ code are very different. C++ discourages macro usage and replaces them with templates when it's applicable. Also discourages from using the C libraries.

C++

Where's her python?

C++

Attached: python master.png (1413x290, 123K)

Start with Python3 or Pascal if you're completely new to programming.
Move on to Java or C# if you already have a basic understanding of programming.
Moving to C++ would then just be learning pointers and templating.

C
Always start with C

I would recommend Python. Personally, however, I hate Python and I found C++ easier as a beginner. If you like there to be a clear cause and effect where the programme only does exclusively what you command it to do then start with C++. If you prefer the programme to help you out and to be a bit flexible and forgiving with mistakes then start with Python.

lower left

I want to start with Assembly, because I heard it's masochistic and I like Rollercoaster Tycoon.

C++

>C
>comfy
Ya maybe if You've only ever written toy applications

>starting with C++
Wowzers

Uhh.. C++?

wrong, you can skip C i'll be a waste of time. Start with python if you don't know any languages yet, then go straight to C++.

>going to python from C++
DONT

You will end up hating C++

>uh why so verbose
>damn I forgot the ;
>I dont understand all these features
>Whats a memory leak?

Go straight to C++

Then learn c++ you fag

Stroustrup himself said if you plan to learn C++, don’t bother staring with C, just dive into C++.

>You will end up hating C++
and that's a good thing