Post your salary, job and country I'll start

Post your salary, job and country I'll start

17k/year in yuros
Codemonkey php js html react
Italy

Attached: 5feet11inches2.webm (640x900, 1.43M)

i hope you're young, op. that's a shit salary even for europe

why don't you come to the us?

I'm 26 yeah is shit everyone's here live with their parents up untill 30 or more

8351 EUR per year
Tesco online groceries delivery driver
Czech Republic

How do you afford anything m8 i get lifestyle is cheaper but what if you want a new pc or a car

$0/yr
unemployed
USA Indiana

How do I go about becoming a code slave bros? I bought the two 'learn to code' humble bundles with the intention of reading stuff when I have free time but I didn't end up sticking to that goal. I'll have another shit job by the end of the week if I'm lucky.

Man you are way underpaid, you should search for better opportunities. I'm starting in Italy next month as an embedded developer for 25k€/year and still I think it's low.

0, neet, poland

44k$ a year
moving & construction
israel

150k/year USD - Software Engineer, US

Python, c++, html code monkey
Working as GDPR implementer for companies with Magento solutions.
34k € per year

How many years of experience?

I'm also italian and want to start a career in programming, I hope you're just not that good

I live with my parents so I spent very little on the household bills, we live in a flat appartment that we own so no rental fees, I don't need a car as I get anywhere I need by bus/tram/metro and the bus pass is extremely cheap (141 EUR/year for Prague), and when I do need a car from time to time I just borrow our family Škoda, I also have no friends nor a girlfriend so I don't waste money on alcohol/tobacco/fashion trinkets.

I have a 7 years old laptop and 5 years old smartphone, both are pretty beat up but I don't really need a new PC and I don't want a new smartphone because I can't get one that's under 5 inches.

3-4 years in the US, though I tell everyone I've been doing it for 10-12 years.
I've really only professionally been doing it since 2015

1.4k evro
Lithuania
Java dev (full stack currently so js html etc)

Poland?

Italy, read the OP. But I imagine it isn't that different in most European countries.

why is everyone here making so little? is coding a shit job?

Yes. It is shit job. Unless you are really good at it. And in that case you are not posting on \g\ but writting usefull stuff like leftpad and isodd

I'm not. I could be making more though but I like the company and wanna stay here for a bit

Yeah i know is underpaid, somehow they still manage to make me feel like I'm robbing them money

Sounds comfy and easy

Well is my first job in a company i was a freelancer before now im in the second year of internship, I'll ask a promotion or move on next year

1.4k euro monthly right user?

No, is up to the country is usually well paid in germany sweden or the us

Ruby, PhP & JS most days
Straya Cunts

I've to disagree, depending on where you're located, you can easily and quite quickly make good money.

>I imagine it isn't that different in most European countries.
Living at home until your 30s is not common outside Italy and maybe a handful of other countries still suffering from the 08 recession, I believe.

~73k EUR / year
R&D, system's development, embedded stuff
Norway

Yes. Monthly. After tax. I am not murican or retarded to write it in annum.

40k$ after taxes
Backend dev
China (Beijing)

Going back to Europe soon, where I'll have a lower salary, probs around 35k after taxes

18k euros
Oracle middleware SOA and OSB
Portugal

wow I'm really surprised by how less you all are making in comparison to me.
Are you all relatively new in the job market or does EU not have high paying software jobs?

>back to Europe
Are you white/European?

How's life as a (relatively) well-off white dev in Beijing? Do you speak Chinese?

Developer jobs in Europe aren't really that well paid. Software engineering isn't considered real engineering, so you don't have the same negotiating power you do through unions and certified educations (engineer is usually a protected title in many Euro countries), long traditions and high social status.

That's interesting. I only ever see job postings in different places about software developer jobs in European countries and they seem to be fairly compensated.
I would've never known.

~180k AUD
c++ and rust
straya cunce

Youre me in lifestyle aspect except i bought a huge pc gaming i need videogames or I'd kms I'm trying to change the habit tho and swallow the Jow Forums pill

Well you make more than me in a poorer country it feels like shit

That's alot of money m8, can someone get a job there speaking only English?

Welcome back

Im new but seniors dont make much more than me, a senior would make around 24k i make 17k

It depends on the field of expertise. Of you are a simple backend Java developer, you won't be going anywhere. But an integration architect or security engineer, you will earn good money.

Well best of luck user and remember people skills are just as important as technical skills

Thats because all security engineers get the fuck away from this place to get 6 zeros salaries in the us, and they're right to do so, they'd be underpaid as codemonkeys if they did stay here

Well, I'm and the most important factor is definitively location. Some Euro countries are piss poor, 17k EUR may be nothing in Norway but is probably a liveable (or at least close to liveable) wage in Italy.

It also highly depends on the type of development. I can only speak for Norway, but here embedded and systems developers aren't really that sought after as the market for this is very limited. There are only a handful of companies that do this here.

All Norwegian startups that have any IP of value inevitably gets bought up by American companies like Cisco or Microsoft, where the owners get everything and employees get some stock options and shitty salaries.

The real developer money is working as a consultant doing Java or C#/.NET/SharePoint or some other web tech. The goal of all major consultancy firms here is to get some government contract which basically is a never-ending source of money from tax payers. These contracts last for 10-20 years and employ hundreds of positions, which is why they are so lucrative.

However, as a consultant, you usually only spend a couple of years doing actual development, before you advance through predetermined career steps that eventually lead to architects and then management. The reason for this is simple: being deployed at a specific government location means that you have valuable and extremely specific niche experience for that part of government. The consultancy firms can then promote you and charge the client (aka the government) more money. The client (government) really need the expertise of that particular employee, so they'll pay whatever. The consultant only sees this in terms of increased bonuses, the profit mostly goes to the company.

I'm white yes, I speak some Mandarin but most of my superiors can speak English in my company. Good thing is I can save a lot of money and going out is pretty cheap for me, but quality of life is a little low because if you wanna get western-grade appartement and food, it's actually really expensive.

>That's alot of money m8, can someone get a job there speaking only English?
English was the working language in all four of my work places, as we have both foreign employees and almost exclusively american customers. However, in order to have an actual social life in Norway, learning Norwegian is recommended. People will speak English to you for polite and formal settings, but when they get drunk they tend to forget that you're not able to keep up when they talk amongst themselves. And Norwegians get drunk, a lot.

>if you wanna get western-grade appartement and food, it's actually really expensive.
I see, I guess this is mostly an issue in big cities such as Bejing and Hong Kong, but this is also probably where all the jobs are.

How is the English in general over there. Are you able to communicate with people outside work?

>tfw muhriccans start at 60k+ out of college
>reading on the internet some people say they got a "low-ball offer" at 100k$ in Cali as their first job

Europe is a meme. In France you consider yourself lucky if you earn 30k after taxes, and that's with some experience

€23k/yr net (€30k/yr gross)
webdev (mainly php) in the social sector
Belgium

frocio

>reading on the internet some people say they got a "low-ball offer" at 100k$ in Cali as their first job
These are only pretending though. I'm and I actually got a $110k offer from a company in Texas (but eventually decided against it), but I'm certainly not fresh out of college in any way.

>the consultancy firms can then promote you and charge the client more money
They do that here too except your promotion is like 100 euro more in your paycheck, nonetheless they still charge double your salary to the client and you have no right to say anything, because you basically signed a contract and basically your employer owns you, if you go directly to the client they will still side with the employer despite how unfair it is, is a shitshow m8 is like a fucking mafia here

Thats alright for me i can live without social life im just fucking tired of living paycheck to paycheck

Because I'm honest about this mafia infested shithole?

32K/year + car and some other small benefits
linux sysadmin: jenkins automation, puppet, python, amazon aws stuff
Belgium
~3 years experience

who she?

>They do that here too except your promotion is like 100 euro more in your paycheck, nonetheless they still charge double your salary to the client and you have no right to say anything, because you basically signed a contract and basically your employer owns you,
It's the same in Norway, except of a pay rise you get a one-off bonus, which is taxed 50% and doesn't count towards your pension.

>Thats alright for me i can live without social life im just fucking tired of living paycheck to paycheck
The cost of living here is insane though. In my old job, I literally lived paycheck to paycheck.

Rent in Oslo is 1,700-2000 EUR a month for a small one room or studio apartment. A meal out in a restaurant is 50-65 EUR for a single course, and a half litre of beer is around 10 EUR.

>you make more
I am nearly 30 years old. At this age in java dev position I am not earning that much compared to others I know.
Maybe you are younger and will soon get promotion/salary raise.

Programmer, 140k USD base, bonus variable, probably 300k ish today, Japan

this is before taxes tho.
after taxes is more like 21K

200k aud
Used to be sysadmin, now I day trade cryptos
Australia

15k euro after taxes
C# code monkey and business logic management monkey
Spain

At least I have lots of vacation and flexible schedule, not bad for being my first job.

RIP that cost of living, damn.

I'm in Cali and I very much doubt anyone would get offered 100k straight out of college or boot camp or as their first job.
60K absolutely, I've hired people straight out of boot camp for around that salary.
I am btw

0, NEET, Australia

On top of this is an income tax too, which is progressively between 28-50% the more money you earn (with some deductions for stuff like debt and commuting expenses).

I earn ~6200 EUR before taxes, but after taxes it's around 4150 EUR.

>I earn ~6200 EUR before taxes, but after taxes it's around 4150 EUR.

per month that is.

Care to shill some coins m8
>inbx buy linkies

This isn't that bad. Your net income would be less than 3500€ where I live

72k CHF a year,
JAVA Dev (Poo in da loo)
Switzerland

Funny - I got about 30k GBP as my starting salary in the UK (~$40,000). But the salary increases don't seem to be as precipitous here as in the US.

That's still alot, I'd live with my parents for a year and buy 1 bitcoin everymonth ,12 btc could retire you someday you'd never worry about retirement again

R&D for one of the big boys.
Just turned 25, 2 years experience as research student.
€ 50k /Yr + annual bonus (gross) + medical, dental and pension contributions
Ireland

Considering I pay €300/mo in rent, pretty happy. R&D means I get to go to international conferences and continue to network too. I got pretty lucky desu. Most of my class got the meh europoor jobs described here.

Isn't that a poorfag-tier salary in Switzerland?

Even 60k is impossible to find in Europe, even with experience and diplomas. Unless you get lucky as experienced consultant in finance, in London/Switzerland or something

Would you recommend bootcamps for bay area people? Finishing my AS soon and not sure whether to transfer or try a bootcamp.

Yeah, I think there's a higher discrepancy here between the number of jobs and applicants.
Everyone and their dog is an entrepreneur today and hiring at relatively good rates.
You have a lot more opportunities to get pay raises, specially if you're smart and switch jobs every year or so.
I know of people who've gone from making 20k US to 140K US in less than 3 years

300K starting
Math PhD
Anywhere I want

Nah, not really. Its pretty decent, but not extremely high. I also only work 90% part time. ;)

USA
IT System Administrator
$40k

We offer 140k + bonus that's anywhere from 0 to however well we do that well, probably 300k-500k this year, we don't give a fuck about experience or degree, just that you're good at writing Haskell and are eligible to get a Japanese visa

Honestly, I would never pay 10K - 20K for a bootcsmp.
If you can manage it, all the resources are freely available online.
Places like freecodecamp specifically make it very easy to get started.
Make sure you join the forums and participate.

That's really good. But fuck Haskell tho.

300€ month of rent, do you live in a literal shithole or is that the price of the standard rent there?

My only real experience with salary figures is from job postings in Elixir slack, and most of the ones posted are in EU and they're all in the 65k to 90K gbp/eur ball park, so was surprised to hear people making so less

>I'm in Cali and I very much doubt anyone would get offered 100k straight out of college
Why? Estsblished tech companies and unicorns will offer much more than that starting off. You can probably get similar compensation at trading firms. 100k isn't really special as long as you aren't a brainlet and work hard at passing interviews.

>Sounds comfy and easy
It is, considering it's after tax. I recently realized my dream is already dead though, as I live in Sweden.
>want to save up to buy land
>spend free time and excess money on building house
>live rent free in my own bunker villa, never leaving except for food
And when I looked it up there's land taxes that break your bones per square meter built. Also when you ""buy"" the land, you don't own what's underneath your feet - if a mining company comes around, does some tests and deems you're sitting on a mine of some sort they can evict you without paying a dime.
I mean, have a look;
www nytimes com/2016/05/21/world/europe/kiruna-sweden-move-arctic-circle.html
They moved an entire fucking city just to mine some more ore. I have two colleagues whom got their summer villas destroyed with a small cheque donation to what they deemed their family estate of 7 generations to be 'worth'.

What country could I move to where I own what I buy, land included?

Attached: 1526033207892.jpg (889x500, 80K)

45k for same in germany

200k/year in Sek
Code: Js, html, css
Sweden

It's enough to live by, over here.

Whats your policy about people willing to learn quickly, i mean you cant know all the languages m8 you learn them to adapt to your job

I'm sure there's exceptions but they're not the norm.
I can only speak from my own experience both getting hired and hiring.

Developing software for Missiles and Rockets
Comp engineering age 23 Germany

lol the needs of the state are always greater than the needs of the slave.
You should move to California, then you'll know what it really means to not be able to afford land.

Hard to say, because each countries are different, depening on income laws, company (you work on/at).

Is pretty accurate

45k€ / year
Surface coating technician
Austria

~ 20k pounds a year
PhD student
UK

>you dont own the land underneath your feet
Jesus fucking christ mate, that's bullshit how does the people allow that cuck law to happen thats worse than wife cuckery, land cuckery whats Fucking next

1200$ year
Graphic Designer
Iraq Baghdad

Audio engineer
40k europoors/year
Ireland

I don't live in the capital, and I share a house in a high class neighborhood with some m8's from college, though we all work now. King size bed, pretty comfy life desu.

NEET 12k (((€)))/year, Funland

Engineering
Around 6k €
B&H

$30000 CAD a year
call center tech support
Canada ON

Haskell's great. I wrote it for fraction of what I made now and loved it.

You can't learn all languages but you sure can require that whoever you're hiring isn't useless for a year. It's not just "I know the syntax lol". It's a business and we want value out of people, you're not getting cash for being interested only.

I need her name right now

400€ a year approx
NEET living at home doing the occasional odd job for Humble Bundle Monthy and phone bill.

42k NZD
Security Guard
NZ

$32k
Prison guard
Sweden

21 years old, male, no college or further education

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-01-12-35-36-058_com.instagram.android.jpg (1080x1068, 217K)