Can't use custom fonts on Windows

>can't use custom fonts on Windows

looks like MPC is still the king

Attached: 1526558317171.jpg (426x191, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mpv.io/manual/master/
cufonfonts.com/font/sf-ui-display
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Linux is a kernel.

ok what's your point, freetard

Why are you still using wangblows?

Custom fonts for what? They all work fine for me on Windows and Linux.

>just rebuilding some fonts
>lol can't watch anything till i sort out these fonts

No, it does not work on Windows.

If you put the font in ~\mpv (mpv directory), it won't show up in the player.

I believe you need to put them in a folder called 'fonts' in the same folder where the executable is.

no-sub-ass="SF UI Display"
sub-text-font="SF UI Display"

none of these works

>no-sub-ass
is for declaring that no styling is to be done to .ass subs. You can't define a font with this line, it should stay as quoted.
>sub-text-font
It's sub-font="SF UI Display". Read the manual here mpv.io/manual/master/ . You can also define specific fonts with fonts.conf, if you refer to the manual.

Nope, doesn't work.

>no-sub-ass="SF UI Display"
>sub-text-font="SF UI Display"
>sub-font="SF UI Display"

sub-font="SF UI Display"
#sub-scale=0.7
sub-border-size=2.8
sub-shadow-offset=1

Attached: 1514355490947.jpg (579x238, 31K)

You can force override .ass font styling by pressing u. If the fonts are styled by default (like fansubs usually are) you have to override the style first. Do other lines work, like hwdec and whatnot? Copy some video file you want to test to the directory where the executable is located, open a cmd prompt in that folder and type mpv "file name.mkv". This way you can see what errors it encounters and potential suggestions.

both "sf-ui-display-ultralight" and "sf-ui-display" (or any variation of SF UI Display) appears with the same thickness etc

cool

If you've confirmed that the correct font family is being recognized, you want to install the various font variations then. I don't know about that specific one, but a lot of them come in packs like 'light' that includes a few light ones, 'normal' with usual ones, etc.

I've installed them, and I also put it in the font directory in mpv's directory

>wintard being retarded
Color me surprised

Try sub-font="SF UI Display Medium" or sub-font="SF UI Display, Medium". I just checked that font out and the names have a comma in them, so maybe that's the problem.

You can literally use the system fonts by just changing one or two lines in the config.

mpv should've not been available for winblows at all.

Honest question. I've been using VLC for years now, and I've been seeing MPV mentioned more and more. What does MPV do that VLC doesn't?

both of those didn't work, I've also renamed the font files to "SF UI Display" and it still looks the same

fuck it, it looks like that font doesn't work with mpv, I'll be using another font

Attached: 1539087009160.jpg (479x62, 8K)

be good

>too retarded read the manual
>complains like a manchild

Attached: 9e7.jpg (442x500, 8K)

>be incompetent
>blame software

Good thinking there retard. Meanwhile enjoying my custom sub font on windows.

But you can? Fucking retard. See people like you make me think Hitler was right. Neither you, nor your parents or your grandparents should have ever existed because your whole family is a bunch of fucking useless brainlets.

IQ of windows user < 90, this thread confirms it.

Kill yourself.

If you're satisfied with VLC, you won't find any benefit from switching to mpv

>>(OP)
So botnetOS cucks suffer limited features of best media player?
Sounds like another good reason to grow a fucking brain and stop using botnetOS.

because you have to install it in the system you braindead monkey

you actually don't

Thanks.

>uses winblows instead of linux
looks like OP is still a faggot

Did you try the full name?

I've tried everything.

The font's filename in the mpv directory. The font's name. I think it's just the font itself that doesn't work because every other font seems to work just fine (bold, regular etc).

here's the shitty font that doesn't work
cufonfonts.com/font/sf-ui-display