Cheapest WiFi

Got redirected to /g, what’s the cheapest option to get wifi? There’s mostly TV bundles included but what’s the bare minimum I can get it for?

Attached: 8EC3D411-63CE-4C75-8C03-534F92D9543C.jpg (750x713, 140K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00BUSDVBQ
labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/broadband-map
verizonwireless.com/5g/home/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

DSL providers

Cheapest is whatever your local provides. No one knows who you are or where you live.

hack into your neighbors mainframe and disable the security protocols for your client
its a pretty easy job anyone here can do it probably

Live in a van outside a starbucks and piggyback off their free wifi until the admin MAC bans you (will never happen)

[spoiler]aircrack-ng[/spoiler]

Attached: scriptkitten.jpg (500x370, 87K)

nobody runs wep anymore

Im honestly not even sure what you mean by "wifi"

do you mean you need a router with wifi?

do you mean you need internet service from an ISP?

do you mean you need a wifi card for your desktop?

etc etc.

Just a way to connect to the internet from a computer at home. Didn’t know my options outside of the basic providers

Holy fuck. Americans get ass-reamed for broadband. In the UK you can get 1GB for $25

Depends where you live.

If you have verizon FiOS available, it is most likely your best option.

Internet only is $39.99/month for 100/100mbps fiber.
You can use your own router, no need to rent one from them (at $12/month).
Something like this amazon.com/dp/B00BUSDVBQ for $80 will pay for itself within 6-8 months of you not paying $12 for their router rental.

>In the UK you can get 1GB for $25
We're not all idiots here, most regulars on Jow Forums know the UK gets absolutely fucked on internet. The VAST majority of the UK is stuck on sub 50mbps connections. It's only a few neighborhoods that have 1gbps access currently.

I'm in portugal (a complete 3rd world shithole) and i get 100 Mb/s for 30€/month. We don't "rent" routers either..

FiOS is good

congrats, you also live in pootugal.

Attached: 2018-11-07 09_23_48.png (561x405, 16K)

:( get me out

>In the UK
kek

Attached: 2018-11-07 09_26_05.png (452x1792, 53K)

this

Attached: 2018-10-22 16_02_44.png (451x158, 8K)

Share it with a boomer.

Says the person who has to pay for a license to watch TV

Holy fuck, the UK get's ass fucked by their ISPs

Attached: 2018-11-07 09_56_54.png (823x880, 373K)

>calling internet access itself "wifi"
Jesus christ the state of boomers on this board.

This is what the modern education system is producing.
He probably couldn't even tech himself about this if he wanted to, he's just that dumb.

Move out from jewland

The state of Boomers and Zoomers.

X and Y are the computer literate generations.

Attached: 15_year_old_xer.jpg (640x360, 86K)

Website?

labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/broadband-map

I turned off constituency coverage and only showed fiber providers (FTTH/FTTP, mainly)

Verizon is starting to build 5G wireless home internet.

So if you don't have it availibe now, it might be soon.

I noticed a local telephone switching building just had 5G antennas installed.

On your end, the household, you too would have a similar antenna.

It is a cylinder about a foot tall where the only wire you have to plug in is to the power to your wall.

Though you could use wired cat5/6 to your computer and another router.

verizonwireless.com/5g/home/

The starbucks/google login requires email reg. to use. They would block that first. Aside from that fucking spoof ur mac.

Millennials are the most tech illiterate of all.
It's one of the reasons they can't get jobs.

>It is a cylinder about a foot tall

That better includes an awesome WiFi router then.
Just the 5G part should be smaller than a phone.

>Just the 5G part should be smaller than a phone
Why? Phones have GARBAGE reception quality due to their shitty antenna designs.

Make it bigger and you can have much better antennas, allowing you to have more distance between your 5G sites.

Bigger antennas allow for a more spread out infrastructure.
You don't want to be hooking up 5G sites on EVERY block. Having a large receiving antenna is a good thing. I imagine it's wifi quality is standard considering that's mandated by law to a maximum of 1w of output power. Wifi by law will never be better than that the only thing you can do is change antenna layout output power is the same no matter what due to legal restrictions on wifi.

That's not how antennas work.

The ideal size depends on the wavelength.
Bigger antennas don't have much bigger range if at all.

>You don't want to be hooking up 5G sites on EVERY block.

Yes you do.

In my city 4G antennas are spaced about 200 meters apart.
5G should be more dense than that, probably every 50 meters or so.

That's bullshit and would only be needed in the MOST urban and densely populated environments where you've got huge skyscrappers blocking signal from spreading out.

lol wut?
>A bigger antenna, properly designed, will always have more gain than a smaller one. And it will be the best kind of gain, much better than using a small antenna and simply overamplifying it, because a small antenna just won't pull in truly weak signals like this gigantic one will

>That's bullshit

Attached: 2018-11-07 18_04_29-Greenshot.png (2560x1440, 1.53M)

>amsterdam
>not an urban densely populated area

riiiiight.

Also, there is a difference between the different 5G technologies. mmWave 5G will likely require cell sites as close as you suggest, but other 5G techs that aren't using mmWave should have no problem going further distances.

>Amsterdam
>not a city

The point is, it's densely populated enough that all those cell towers aren't there to provide enough signal, they're there to provide the bandwidth and capacity for that many simultaneous users.

it has nothing to do with how far 4G LTE can go, as there is NO reason to have sites that close together if you just wanted to have signal.

The closest cell tower to my house is over 2km away and I get just fine 4G signal.

Click "Internet only" fucking retard.

I said "In my city"
You called it "bullshit"
I proved it wasn't bullshit
>hurrr derp other subject

KYS retard.

And i'm proving it has nothing to do with the signal strength.

The whole reason you replied to me to begin with was this
>5G should be more dense than that, probably every 50 meters or so.

that's simply not true except in densely populated areas, like I fucking said. The signal itself has no problem going a lot further than that.
The way you said it implied that they NEEDED towers every 50m just to get signal, which is far from accurate.

No they can't get jobs because Boomers wont retire and the economy was held hostage by certain politicians for a long time.

GSM uses two watts.

Maybe certain 5G bands allow the same wattage.

When speaking of whip and dipole antennas anyways, you might not want a larger antenna with "gain".

Problem with a 3/4 wave antenna is while it will give you more distance on flats, in hilly areas, mountainous, and urban areas it might b3e much worse.

Because the antenna can only see narrow and low on the horizon.

Where a quarter or a half wave has a larger field of view and can thuse see to the tops of mountains and buildings, or down into the valley below.

i'm talking about wifi when referring to wattage. He said it better have amazing wifi, I said wifi is limited to 1w, so it doesn't matter how big it is, the wifi quality will be standard. To increase wifi range, add more wifi radios.

>LEDDIT SPACING

Attached: 1515931841198.jpg (308x559, 32K)

use airocrack-ng on the neighbor's internet

Yes yes, I get that all the time, and i've STILL been on Jow Forums many years longer than you. Get over it. I'm not changing how I format my posts due to you LARPing morons throwing fits over the past 2-3 years.

Get over it.

looks good to me nigga my cheapest is $70 for 100mbps bullshit

Ah!

But you can't connect because the neigbour only permitts one mac address to connect.