Nuke a Bitlockered Laptop

Hey guys, I need a laptop to discontinue functioning tomorrow morning to save my career.

It's got bitlocker, so if there was a simple way to trash the entire encrypted drive in one hit with software that would be amazing.

I have physical access, but there can't be any physical damage and it needs to be able to install a fresh OS straight away.

Attached: Freeza.png (1920x1080, 1.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

forensicswiki.org/wiki/BitLocker_Disk_Encryption#How_to_detect
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Install Gentoo.

Install Gentoo

Get fucked weeb.

this installing linux is the best way to destroy a working computer

>to save my career
What have you been doing user?

Attached: devilish.jpg (470x595, 201K)

There are other methods to delete emails...

Jesus and I thought Jow Forums was bad.

It either needs to appear completely fucked (i.e. won't even boot) or boots to the bitlocker screen, then fails past that point and also the data is corrupted (can't just delete window's startup files).

magnets?

live linux install and
dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/r bs=512m with varying amounts at the beginning and ending sectors of the disk (or the entire thing and reinstall mbr?)

lsblk
dd if=/dev/random of=/dev/ bs=1M

don't use a block file for overwriting the disk.

(if he's using linux as live cd - the following may be necessary instead - as root user)
modprobe raw
fdisk -l
>note the drive that he wishes to write to
raw /dev/raw/raw1 /dev/
dd status=progress if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/raw/raw1 bs=512m
sync
>this isn't necessary since raw skips cache but who cares lmao

Nothing, that's the point. I can do what I was assigned in 2 days with my eyes shut, but last time I did I got reamed by my boss for setting unrealistic standards, so I traded crypto and played games and planned to start next week (still a month before due) but now they pulled the presentation date forward.

I need to buy time till the weekend, and I need the sneaky poos I work with not to be able to :
a) Say I physically broke it.
b) Recover the partition and see there was nothing completed in the first place.

A fucked zip file seems too obvious and considering I have the software for the demo and they don't they could request I get a copy sent over.

If it's a HP laptop there is the disk sanitizer in BIOS. What make is it so I can help better?

as thanks tell us what you did op

See:

Wipe it with DBAN.

>don't use a block file for overwriting the disk.
? random is character.
Apologies, I should have suggested urandom (faster). Install frandom and use /dev/frandom if possible (even faster).
Do not use /dev/zero, because the disk had encrypted data. Random data can pass as encrypted data, zeros won't.

infect it with ransomware and edit the bitcoin address/email to send to get files back?

I'm a ex-model white guy working in a Poo company - I'm a hated "necessary evil" surrounded by envious devious poos trying to prove they can do what I do with their salary that's less than 20% of mine even though they sit two desks away - another sneaky poo leaked my salary 6 months ago and things changed so god damn fast - I went from a rainbow liberal with Poo best friends to Hitler in a month seeing how they turned on me and the only other White guy...

Good idea. Easy to use, foolproof way to destroy a disk's data.
I support it over my previous suggestion,

It's a Lenovo.

Is there a point on the disk I should start the random write to allow Bitlocker to still load?

That would be ideal.

Ok you're not a pedo so I'll help. Ignore everyone else here. Their method is detectable. Just clear the TPM. It holds the bitlocker key. As long as you're certain that the IT dudes don't have a backup of the master key, this will work. Did you turn on bitlocker yourself? If so, they required you to create a rescue disk which will have the backup key.

If you have to type in a password at boot to decrypt, you don't have a TPM and this won't work.

Do only the windows partition, and skip the first few MBs or something.

Key backups and such can be enforced if the computer is part of a Domain.
To be safe, assume the company has the key.

Also, just say something like it won't boot now after updates. Any other thing, and the IT guys will think you're full of it.

I am not OP but here we store all master keys in AD, so this wouldn't work here.

>doesn't understand block devices vs raw devices

cursory google search: forensicswiki.org/wiki/BitLocker_Disk_Encryption#How_to_detect
overwrite immediately after this header probably.

Command was meant for linux, not some BSD with separate raw devices for bypassing block cache.

Maybe a take a magnet to it?
Not sure if you can install a fresh OS though.

still the block device for linux. you need a kernel module for raw.

This.

It has algorithms the US DOD uses.

if paranoid, use oflag=dsync or direct

Darik's Boot and Nuke

or boot up any linux live cd, establish which device the disk is registered as (something like '/dev/sdx') and then wipe the HDD by writing random data (dd command) or just use 'shred' command

Put in a Linux live usb, boot from it, open terminal

>sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/sda BS=1M

Let it run for a few minutes and turn it off. It will trash the partition table and should mean the encrypted data is completely unrecoverable.