AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>Microsoft Announces First Paid-For $20 Linux Distro for Windows 10 October 2018 Update
wccftech.com/microsoft-20-linux-based-distrowindows-10-1809/amp/

MAKE IT FUCKING STOP NO NO NO GET OUT OUUUUT
I CAN DEAL WITH REDHAT BEING BOUGHT BY IBM BUT MICROSOFT/LINUX NOOOOOOOO MOMMMYYYYYY

THIS IS GONNA POLARIZE THE FUCKING COMMUNITY MORE THAN IT'S ALREADY POLARIZED. LETTING STREET SHITTERS COMMERCIALIZE FOSS WAS A MISTAKE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1541553247460.png (261x193, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/WLinux
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/2018/11/05/whats-new-for-wsl-in-the-windows-10-october-2018-update/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally who cares about the community. It's less than 1% of desktop users.

What do you mean? It's just a distro on top of WSL. No one's going to buy it.

You can make your linux distro paid if you want.
But there are free legal alternatives to your distro, so it probably will not sell very well unless your linux is special somehow.

Welcome to Lindows 11
>DUN-DEE-DUN-DUN-DEE-DEEE

Just buy a pass.

>First Paid-For $20 Linux Distro
INNOVATION

just wait until webdevs are shitting up Linux forums for support with the clusterfuckery that this piece of aids is gonna be
some people will think it's okay to help them, others not, some forums will ban windows/Linux, others not, that is pretty polarizing

"leenugs r gommunism" memespammer faggots on suicide watch.

embrace, extend, extinguish. microsoft being microsoft, you were deluded if you thought they'd ever change.

> POLARIZE THE FUCKING COMMUNITY
Who the hell would buy it? If MS is going to cripple traditional distros, it would work, but then again, it will kill adopting of WSL, devs would just switch to Linux as they did before. If they won't cripple them, what's the point of buying; MS isn't RHEL and can't support it.

it's not the first paid distro

Microsoft is doing this, but not by this angle.
The acquisition of github and enforcing of the CoCs is how they will do the deed.

> some people will think it's okay to help them, others not, some forums will ban windows/Linux, others not, that is pretty polarizing
Yeah. I mean, let's assume I make a thread about ALTLinux asking for help here. A couple of "install Gentoo", "what is it", most will ignore it and the thread would die. Maybe, just maybe somebody will try to help, but then again, most requests will be unanswered and the userbase of that MS distro will die off.

but this stupid $20 app isn't going to have any impact on anything.

>enforcing of the CoCs is how they will do the deed.
>THA SJW JOOS
>WE WUZ IDENTITY POLITICS
this is why people don't take us seriously

just like wsl wasn't gonna have an impact on anything, but is a thing
this isn't a Linux forum, this is technology shitposting central

Did none of you dildos reads the article? It's not made by m$ it's a company called whitewater foundry. It's also system-d free so you guys should be nutting into your socks by now. Ps all of it is on github
>>github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/WLinux

SJWs are generally white brainwashed retards that from time to time end up being useful idiots for megacorporations.
Every time EA or activision does some PR disaster, they're the first to go protect their overlords, and it's not that farfetched to think microsoft may just plant a guy or two to manipulate em into wrecking open source.

Dead On Arrival

Attached: chrome_2018-11-07_10-21-39.png (232x34, 2K)

>$20 Linux Distro
I'm tired of telling you

LINUX
IS
A
KERNEL

>and it's not that farfetched to think microsoft may just plant a guy or two to manipulate em into wrecking open source
>weaving THA PURPLE HAIR JOOS RUINING MUH FUN into a conspiracy theory
>mentioning videogames to boot
you make free software/anti greedy corporate whore activists look like manchild gamergaters looking for a boogeyman to get angry at. it's not a good look, like rednecks blaming everything on obama

Here's why it wont matter.
1. its probably a fork of ubuntu with some under the hood optimizations for running under windows
2. people will prefer ubuntu because it is more popular and has better 'support' i.e there's already a bunch of forums with awnsers to your problems
3. its written by a 3rd party, so nobody will shill it
4. why tf would you use a paid product when free, widely used alternatives are avalable

>WSL instead of systemD
>good
the article reads Microsoft announced, it's official
I didn't write the article ya silly goose

You know damned well that it's a colloquialism too, and no matter how much you bitch that's not going to change.

>letting pajeets into linux

oh no no no no no

I'm not saying jews, you're saying jews, you said jews twice.
And i'm not saying that they conspirate in any way either.
When i said useful idiots, i meant that they follow a terrible culture created on the internet that is easy to manipulate.
Just point at someone not following one of their endless insane laws and they jump on the thing like rabid dogs.
It's quite easy to see microsoft paying like 4 people to go to the internet, pretend to be one of those idiots and point at targets microsoft dislike such as linux.

"SJWs" has become just another meaningless buzzword that's been appropriated by idiot Jow Forums neckbeards who think the vegetarians and leftists are plotting against them. it's literally THA JOOS: socially conservative software dev who spends too much time on Jow Forumstumblrinaction edition. or hey, maybe you're right, every art student with blue hair is going to take up arms with microsoft to destroy [open source/western culture/family values]. same shit different symbol tables desu

I mean, what you're suggesting is pretty much the "cultural marxism" idea Jow Forums claims is happening everywhere all around us by THA JOOS; the only difference is that it's open sores getting jew'd instead of muh 50s utopia fantasy and the jews aren't really jewish.

No, i'm not.
I'm talking about a very specific small but rabid mass of people that want to enforce their wacky laws on everyone via twitter and internet moderation.
You know, SJWs.
No jews, no super conspiracy theory insane thing.
Just the twitter warriors you know.

>I'm talking about a very specific small but rabid mass of people that want to enforce their wacky laws on everyone via twitter and internet moderation.
and they're infiltrating open source with the help of microsoft to undermine "our culture"? still cultural marxism. the bowl haircut coc tranny isn't as important as you seem to think, projects adopt the coc as boilerplate to blanket ban inflammatory 15 year olds with anime avatars from shitting up discussions and move on with their life. there's no grand leftist censorship plot going on.

Just you wait autist. It will be Microsoft® GNU™ plus Linux™ soon enough.

Can't blame it on the JOOS anymore because the JOOS are now their friend.

Attached: 1533525529295.png (592x678, 406K)

Lindows was actually decent

This will make Linux more popular. Nothing else.
MS wants to ditch windows and release their own botnet distribution.
Windows is deprecated, pretty much.
Why would you develop your OS, when others does it for free.

>are now their friend
nope, anti-jewish SJWs are just as plentiful as purple-haired anti-male SJWs are. Just look at Jow Forums, there literally are edgy teenagers who think Hitler dindu nuffin

this will make WSL more popular and drive potential Linux users from beginner distros like Ubuntu to microshaft approved crap on the app store

Do any of you actually realise what a distro is?

nu-Jow Forums are okay with the JOOS as long as the JOOS are on their side.

It's not about "cultural marxist", it's about having an asshole moderator dissuading people from joining open source.
Left, right, radical centrist, scientologist, it does not matter.
Just need to be annoying and kill linux.

Thank god, Microshaft has finally drawn the sword they were destined to fall on.
>Windows users will use Linux
>Windows users will then be converted to Linux, because it's not a piece of shit
>Windows users will then switch to Linux because why pay when there are better, free alternatives with better support and userbases?

Attached: 1523422132676.gif (254x160, 985K)

Jow Forums is satire you ignoramus

I for one would love to see a Microsoft Linux.

What would MS use? Systemd? Runit? Xorg or Wayland? Would they develop an in-house desktop environment or would they pick Gnone or KDE? What package management they would use?

But I would be more interested in Ballmer's Microsoft Linux than Pajeet's Microsoft Linux. Pajeetsoft has no backbone.

poe's law

Attached: kekistan.jpg (594x1176, 82K)

maybe for those with low pattern recognition

Los Angeles Clippers Linux when

Why would someone who switched to Linux from windows would use emulated Linux version on windows?
This doesn't make sense.

IMO, this will make more people to switch to Linux, when they'll see how Linux looks like.
Unless MS will make this Linux distribution so autistic, than no sane person would even think switching.

MS doesn't need windows sales to be profitable.
Their main source of income is office 365 and azure.

Go and tell them that.

now an option, soon a dependency. there's a potential for something to appear that will absolutely require you to pay for it to work.
>piggyback debian
>beg for money
it's a scam. such projects also never describe what exactly is the difference that you're paying for, what features They implemented - they try to ride on the features of actual software

HAHAHAHAHHA
OHONONONONONNONNoOOOO
GAHNOO SLASH LINUXBROS WHAT WILL WE DO

I don't understand licenses very well, does wanglinux need to be release under GPL?

no, Linux is GPL2

E X T I N G U I S H E D

Attached: 1520538330276.jpg (590x720, 89K)

>microsoft ports all their software over to Lindows so it runs native
>all other linux distros are completely deprecated
>year of linux desktop finally happens
>but is owned entirely by MS under a proprietary license so they can replace their windows revenue with it

Seeing how W10 is so bad, normies will avoid Linux after Microsoft's distro ruins everything.

When is Microsoft just going to let me use a Linux DE in windows as my primary driver? There's no way windows 10 UI looks the way it does if it wants to be taken seriously

and when people use linux, they'll be curious about all the better alternatives that are only a pacman -S away

If Leenucks is all about resisting Microsoft then I guess it's a fundamentally flawed kernel.

>Microsoft needs to steal another kernel and attach it to the shell to make it usable
>Linux is the bad kernel
ok

Attached: 1540784436292-g.jpg (660x447, 109K)

Why do you fags call WSL distros "Linux"? That's the one piece of the system it doesn't have.

"GNU/NT" would be more appropriate.

WSL is a compatibility layer not a vm. It doesn't use a normal init.

Windows 10 pro runs flawlessly in QEMU and you can get a grey market license for $4.

Zero interest in this.

The same reason the 'linux' kernel module for freebsd isn't called 'hurd'. It's a syscall/abi compatibility layer that allows you to run linux executables. You special or something?

It's still running a GNU userspace on top of an NT kernel. So it's either GNU/NT or GNU/WSL/NT.

And of course you have no fucking clue how this shit works. Those programs are compiled in the format of a LINUX abi and use LINUX syscalls. Do you not understand how that works? If I install counterstrike, am I running valve/windows?

> THIS IS GONNA POLARIZE THE FUCKING COMMUNITY
Fuck off with muh community.
99% of the users don't do shit and just preach BS while us the 1% have to work on fixing shit.

Windows community is just people who has a job and don't really care about additional features. It's butthurt linuxoids who will cry about it

>linus forced out
>redhat bought
>Microsoft releasing distros

Totally a coincidence nothing to see here. Take your medicine.

ie wageslaves who couldn't give a shit about writing good code or building a good product

>"SJWs" has become just another meaningless buzzword

I think it describes the Baizuo perfectly.
There's no mystery behind why you hold the view you do.

Attached: 67j8v28q-1395192391.jpg (920x1521, 228K)

>paying for Linux that has built in spyware directly hooked to Microsoft watched by the NSA Prism program
GNO

Attached: 1541349575450.jpg (800x800, 105K)

Stallman's going to have a stroke when he sees this.

I can't find any other source on this.

Yes that is how it works and I know that. But I don't say I'm running Windows if I use Wine, so why should I call it Linux when I launch a Linux executable under the NT kernel?

Wine can't pretend to be the NT kernel.
WSL is pretending to be the Linux kernel.

oh my lord i hope he doesn't die
reminder that stallman is 65 years old, and that there is no one autistic enough to fill his role once he's gone, i hope he's taken that into consideration

Wine can run NT userspace executables directly.
WSL can run Linux userspace executables directly.

Wine cannot run NT drivers.
WSL cannot run Linux kernel modules.

Not to be disrespectful to him, but he doesn't have that much impact alone. He's done a good job in sparking an interest in free software, but his death won't be the end of libre/OSS.

>Paying for linux
>On Windows
lmao

github.com/WhitewaterFoundry/WLinux
Just compile it yourself and save $20

How about you support software you like so companies move in a direction you want you faggot. That's what I can't stand about FOSSfags. You're so powerless and none of you even contribute to the direction of software, the vast majority of useful contributions to FOSS is literally just by companies looking for enterprise tools. Why? Because they have money to pay people to move in ways they want

brb, uploading Ubanto Lunix 2019 Enterprise Edition to the store. It'll cost $99/year plus $8 per CAL.

If I may interject for a moment. What you're calling Windows/Linux is in fact GNU/Windows, or GNU + Windows. There is actually no Linux at all in the system.

wine pretends to have an ntoskrnl the same way wsl pretends to have a linux kernel
it implements just enough to hold the userspace together
wine doesn't use the real ntoskrnl
wsl doesn't use the real linux kernel

funny that, isn't it?
it's literally just gnu tools on windows, and they call it linux
stallman must be pissed

At least Microsoft are the ones that follow the proper naming. WSL is an implementation of Linux syscalls and then you run Ubuntu userland on top of it. I haven't seen MS call it "Linux on Windows" so far. Unless I'm blind AND stupid.

>I haven't seen MS call it "Linux on Windows" so far.
WSL stands for "Windows Subsystem for Linux"

blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/commandline/2018/11/05/whats-new-for-wsl-in-the-windows-10-october-2018-update/

Attached: Linux-Shell-600x507.png (600x507, 216K)

i know where you're coming from, but you don't see for example, Wine call itself "Windows on Linux", because it's not actually Windows or even a port of Windows, it's just a partial compatible reimplementation of Windows, much like WSL is of Linux

Hey man I contribute to issues on GitHub, I find the open issue that's affecting me and write "same"

>"Notepad Supports Linux Line Endings"
oh, i guess they're not called unix line endings anymore?

embrace, extend, extinguish

the question is, are they extinguishing linux, or windows?

it's nothing new, it's not like it's made by microsoft you idiot phoneposter, it's just another distro for wsl someone made and decided to sell. what's the big deal. lurk more before making shitty threads for fucks sake

this

I see why they call it currytech now. That article literally had be believing it was made by M$

>Linux Distro for Windows
fuck this gay earth

Attached: bugsbunnysuicidal.png (819x498, 955K)