Public e scooters

So Jow Forums I've been seeing these new lime scooters popping up in my town and they are hella fun to ride. I they are GPS tracked and unlock via an app.

I've been thinking about talking one into my underground garage where there's no GPS signal and try to convert it for personal use. Can I rip out the Lime stuff and make it my own?

I'm sure that the basics will work, motor, frame, battery, throttle and brakes.
I'm a mechanic not a programmer or electrician, do you guys have any idea about the onboard computer, the whole tracking mechanism and the wireless unlocking. Maybe my whole plan is a potential waste of time and energy.

Attached: 8-e1525104891813.jpg (730x489, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

e-twow.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dont be a nog

Just build your own, faggot

>GPS tracked
Botnet

Electricity.

The motor, the tracking, the lock, all requires electricity.

Jamal

nigger detected

Give it back, Tyrone

nigmode

Spot the butthurt scooter shills.
OP you should definitely steal or break these faggy scooters. Fuck big scooter industry

Dont be stupid.

The GPS is going to log where it was taken, and its going to show that right at the entrance to your garage, it lost signal. Little suspicious no?

it also registers who was the last person that used it vie the app

That's why u just pick it up without paying for it.
Do you even nigger?

Scooters are for children.

no one managed to debotnet the scooter from the week that it was legal to steal the scooters in SF. You'd probably have to buy a new controller altogether (around $100 for the original xiaomi ones), do some rewiring and even then you'd get a heavily used e-scooter in return. Just buy a used scooter from ebay for $200-300.

Não sejas um negro

>unlock via an app
Yeah have fun getting caught on camera using wire cutters to get it out in the first place.

I was happy to hear someone recently got killed on one of these things near where I live.

Jam the cell signal as you transport it, otherwise they will know where you took it by having the last known GPS location. Also don't unlock it with a phone/account that can be tied to you.

You're the reason we can't have nice things.
Kys

It's not strapped to anything. You can just pick it up

>jam the cell signal
Yeah, let's add a felony to the crime he's already committing. He just needs a scooter sized Faraday cage

I think he meant that it's in a "locked" state where it doesn't power on or operate.

Dont steal, Cletus.

Dumb gypsy.

You can make absolute bank charging them if you have a truck

>I've been thinking about talking one into my underground garage where there's no GPS signal and try to convert it for personal use.
are you cognitively impaired?

lol'd

This.

>mb gy
That app asks for money, which is linked in some way to your name and everything they need to know to know who to point the finger at when one of their capital unit disappears.

try contacting their manufacturer and buying one. These companies don't create them in their backyard, they hire other people to do it. If you can find the manufacturer, you'll save yourself a lot of hassle.

go for the birds. The original bird, xiaomi m365, only has a little box on top but its just like the pre bird factory xiaomi other than that. I think the gps may be in the little box. just tear it off and youre good.

Lime's newer scooters are made by Segway Ninebot

Why would anyone touch these disgusting dirty things

They pay for themselves in like 3 weeks, it's ok to steal them.

Don't be a negro commuter
Buy your own goddamned scooter

Attached: 2.png (600x578, 686K)

>Buying something

Why tho, you can use them freely

hey do people use these things with an app to scan it or do they just scan it and it gives them the ap?

Because, i mean

if you put your own QR code on there after hijacking it, repeat 50 times...

No this is definitely possible and one of my friends did it. I'm not telling you how, though.

Hint: it's a Huawei scooter

>whites provide nice things to improve society as a whole.
>niggers have to steal them, ruining it for everybody.

every fucking time.

If you unlock them with an app they have your personal info.
So when shit goes missing they can come after you.

Do you happen to live in the Seattle-tacoma area?

how do these things get charged?? they don't just run forever without charging

LOL at all these butthurt faggots because some nigger wants to steal from some niggercorporation. Take as many as you want Jamal.
Someone picks them up and charges them then puts them back.

>because some nigger wants to steal from some niggercorporation
Hey, poorfag. That could be a local business owner's property. I just invested $6,000 into heavy-duty tools, and have a contract with another local to rent some of them out. I'd be fucking furious if a nigger stole my shit.

The lime scooters are the property of some local business? Are you retarded or is the cum all over your face making it hard for you to comprehend things. I work in SF and I’m tired of seeing this scooters all over the sidewalks. I could care less about some nigger destroying the property of one of these cancerous so called “tech” companies. I think more niggers should steal these scooters.

didn't South Park just do a episode about these fag scooters and pussy sticks?

so if you get a bunch of aluminum foil and wrap it around the scooter, you can block the signal before you get it to your garage and you won't get caught like an idiot. just keep the motor and scrap the rest. then build a mount and rig sprocket and buy a control system to put it on a bike or somthing

>Someone picks them up and charges them then puts them back.
how does one get that job? it is a job right? people don't just do this for free I assume

You sign up on their app to become a charger person. Then you can see the scooters that need charging on the map so you to pick them up bring them to your house. Charge them then you need to put them back on the street before a certain time like 8am in order to get the money for charging them.

Op is most likely from wroclaw, Poland where those scooters appeared a week ago and are now in the center of attention. Also, why should we give a fuck about some American corporation and their scooters? It's high time they learnt Eastern Europe is like wild west where anything goes. Do you really think the police will waste their already limited resources to chase after some foreign company's stolen scooter? Kek

I see them too, mainly used by boomers who think they're zoomers. The kind of person who would say "whimsical" unironically.

Not OP but I live in Seattle and e scooters are banned city wide, even though we have these god forsaken bikes (made by the same companies) littering every street corner. Almost as big a visual blight as the burgeoning homeless community.

Do you really think they give a shit about stolen scooters? In less than a month time it recoups all costs and starts making profit.

Can you drive your own scooter?

>hm, the GPS logs show the scooter ending up right in front of this garage before it lost signal
>wonder where it is

Hint.
(Btw, I bought it new, just modifying)

Attached: 20181105_145205.jpg (2560x1536, 1.46M)

Are they banning all 250W 8 inch faggot rides, or only rental ones?
AFAIK you can drive any abomination under some power and speed in US, besides shitholes like NY, but people there still ride

Ninebots are quite shitty scooters. I'd recommend to invest $1000 into E-TWOW.
I know, I can buy a driving shitbox even with automatic for $1000 and with some wrenching even pass inspection.

I'm at u Waterloo, they're everywhere, do annoying. People don't know how to control them and ram into each other like tards

I'm so glad I don't need to deal with inspections. I can just buy a $300 shitter, register it, and go

Those scooters are retard proof... How people can't drive them?

It's Waterloo

I can do the same, but give $50 to an inspector, since I live in thirdworld shithole.
The problem is that it is thirdworld shithole, you need to have working brakes.

You need an inspector to tell you your car's capable of stopping? That should be something you can figure out on your own rather easily.

Not only. Emissions, light aliments, steering...
On $300 car lights are harder to align, most of them don't even have catalytic converters, but they should...

>Emissions
Fuck it, if it runs it runs
>light alignments
What?
>steering alignment
If the car's pulling to the side I'm either not going to buy it or already intend to get it fixed. Again, don't need an inspector for that.

I hear that drilling into the QR code disables the lockout and GPS, but just don't be a fucking nigger and buy one online.

Agree, inspection is a meme.
>light alignments
>What?
Light beam should be correct, so you don't blind anyone. The problem is that a lot of people have HIDs...

>I could care less

Attached: CD667598-1233-444F-B3F2-704F959F2C3D.jpg (541x800, 67K)

>People don't know how to control them and ram into each other like tards
I think we have a new sport!

These are literally ALL rebranded Xiaomi or Ninebot scooters

Just import those from china

Imagine being so retarded you stopped reading and just keep replying.

Just get E-TWOW, much more based thing that some shitty Ninebot/Xiaomi

>risking jail time/record over a shitty e-scooter that you can buy cheap on some chink site

lol op, lol. go for it, it's a good idea!

I remember they had these in paris, checked out the app and there was an accumulation of about 20 in the river hahaha.

fuck kw4rent

They don't even have a fucking working website, are you kidding

for the money and copious amounts of time you'd expend modifying, unlocking and debranding one of those things you might as well just buy a fucking used electric/gas scooter from an auction or craigslist

They're fucking chink scooters that don't even cost that much new.

what do they go for, like $150?

Website is nothing. Plus it is working. e-twow.com/
They are just making this shit since 2012 I guess, and they finally made it last 10 000 km and more, while Ninebot trash literally shits itself (otherwise I can't call, since at 200 km fucking screws were just ripped from aluminium threads). Also it has better suspension, more power.
Also, early models had simple electronics.
I owned one, but I had to sell it, since I moved to other country, and sending shit in plane is impossible.

And yeah, some small romanian-chink company makes more quality stuff than big ninebot/xiaomi/segway.
I find it extremely hilarious.

About $200 according to other anons ITT

250$ + shipping.
But I guess you can get knock offs cheaper

it's not theft if you're picking up litter.

They don't care. Those shits last no longer than 3-4 weeks anyway. The cost is low. Investors pulled in millions. Nobody will even notice its missing trust me.

Triggered, snowflake?

It's still tracks and will ring out an alarm when it noticed it's being moved without being unlocked.

I'm over those scooters... Also, don't ride them drunk lol

Road rash felt lovely

>I still rated the ride 5 stars

Attached: scooters.jpg (3024x4032, 1.71M)

Wrap it in tinfoil

Wait, this is a real thing? I thought matt and trey made this shit up for South park, lmao

throw it in the back seat of a van
drive on freeway at 65mph
disconnect and remove control unit (box)
throw out window
buy 20 dollar speed controller from aliexpress
hook speed controller to motor and battery and throttle

nigger

lol I saw someone on Craigslist selling mainboards for them for something like $100. I'm sure you could just order one yourself for next to nothing.

Just started showing up in the hood
They are being appropriated and its hilarious, my city couldn't even have a bike share because they all got appropriated in 2 months.

Install Replicant

Attached: basedphoneposter.jpg (480x300, 20K)

just smash up the computer looking parts. moral fags get fucked lmao

Yeah it’s not like dem cumpootery lookin bits actually does nothin.