Run pacman -Syu

>run pacman -Syu
>suddenly system crashes
>can't boot everything is broken
>literally can't finish work for tomorrow because of this and can get fired
FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT I'M DONE WITH LINUX

Attached: 1492105087699.png (920x900, 443K)

install ubuntu
but stay away from snap.

I use snaps
What's wrong with them they work great

Linux is a kernel.

nice LARP

kys.

That’s what you get for installing an unstable piece of shit like Arch
Install something that puts stability first, like debian, devuan, or slackware.

sandbox is not working correctly yet, you have lots of programs that simply can't work in snap.
Usually the .deb works better.
Not always true tho, especially with --classic flag

Here comes a handful of Arch shills saying their installs are ultra stable and upgrades never broke anything.

>he fell for arch meme

Wtf

Where did you get a photo of me?

>she doesn't use the fallback kernel

I've been running as root ever since i installed it and i had absolutely no problems whatsoever. You're all fucking delusionals.

oh I was under the assumption the sandbox worked

>runs arch
>complains about system instability

it's a smaller rolling-release distro. You fuck. If you want high stability get ubuntu, or any of the other high stability.

also, my arch system never breaks. Guess you did something wrong

help i dont back up my files and something happend to my main files how could this possibly have happened i blame linux

>install debian testing
>run apt
>everything breaks, dependency hell, no security updates, not officially supported

> Guess you did something wrong
Updated it?

Are you the fuck that told in the other thread that an arch update broke your system because you hadn't been updating for years? That's what you get for being stupid.

That's what you get for running Arch. It's not like we didn't try to tell you user.

> updating more than once a year
Kids these days.

>also, my arch system never breaks

Shit that never happens: The Post

My arch never has problems.

I've been using it for a month tho.

We don't have a Nvidia card.

slackpkg upgrade
No problem with it

>I've been running as root ever since i installed it

Attached: 1512328159967.jpg (659x1200, 435K)

all the unstable "editions" of Debian are even buggier than Arch in my experience.
reminder that Fedora is the only thing worth going unstable on.

Another episode of things that totally happened.

>slackware
Lmfao what a fucking meme.
Arch is 1000 times easier just on the basis of having a fucking PACKAGE MANAGER.

Slackware has a package manager, it just doesn't have dependency handling

???? the fuck
jesus man

Happened to me at, once but in all honesty was in those dark times when there was the switch to systemd. Otherwise it just works. One major failure in at least five years.

Putting it that way make it even worse.
That's the defining, most important feature of a package manager for most people.

That's the experience for most people, I've never seen anyone who actually uses Arch complain about shit breaking any more often than that.
I really do not understand all this memeing, with a "stable" distro you'd have to reinstall so much more if you want to stay up to date.

>Putting it that way make it even worse.
I'm not defending Slackware I'm just clarifying the facts

It's ok user I appreciate it

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: gnussr.jpg (1148x813, 1.02M)

Never happened to me

>boot from arch Linux USB stick
>mount partitions
>pacstrap /mnt base base-devel
>boot

>install shitty distro
>get shitty results
Should've used Debian or a Debian derivative.

Attached: 1541095928126.png (639x4513, 1.08M)