This kills the Thinkpad neckbeard:

AV1 Video Codec:
my.mixtape.moe/youeaf.webm

Attached: RED HDR Reel _ Summer 2018 _ Shot on RED.mkv 00_00_25.442.png (1920x1080, 1.91M)

Other urls found in this thread:

elecard.com/videos
my.mixtape.moe/youeaf.webm
my.mixtape.moe/youeaf.webm':
cursed-images.xyz/i/5wrw.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Looks pretty good.
Firefox doesn't seem to support it yet.
What Bitrate is it?

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!

My laptop can't handle it without stuttering, but I'm playing it via the embedded player on 4chanX

>No video with supported format and MIME type found.

what :(
first time i can't run something

>thinkpad virgin admits that his ancient laptop is useless
lmao

using an X1 Carbon actually, what do i need to play this

It plays back but chromium only uses a single thread so it stutters like nuts. This is on an i7 8750H too.

Ryzen 5 2600 plays it flawlessly.

Runs on my T520.

Attached: 1541456487596.jpg (469x600, 245K)

it works on Google Chrome 70

So it's useless? Nice.

>Firefox doesn't seem to support it yet.
If you're on 63.0.1 (latest normie verison) you have to enable it in about:config.
Just search av1.

It works on my 2015 Dell Latitude, thou it stutters

Embedded via 4chanx it plays. Stutters occasionally on the more complex scenes. Ran on a 3.7 i7. Could be my fault though as I have nearly 1k tabs open.

For me, that's NoScript doing its job. But disabling it lets me play it.

works just fine on a TP Yoga 3rd gen

wtf are you on about?

i just had to pause for about 5 seconds to let my net catch up and it stopped

i7 8650u

No available playback codec on Android 8.1
Also how long did this take to encode?

stinky phone post

I'm literally sitting in front of a computer but Clover is just too fucking comfy.

that made me giggle I do the same thing when I'm at home
I never use browser at home but sit at my desk to use clover

fucking zoomers

I can't even download it and I'm on a Dell Precision T1650

Attached: 1530021781008.png (400x351, 41K)

AV1 is useless until hardware decode

I've watched other similar quality AV1 videos from youtube (.mp4) without nearly as much overhead.

Attached: Screenshot_20181107_135643.png (644x601, 48K)

Awesome!

impressive, very nice

so comfy using something on a tiny screen that makes it hard to type and more inconvenient to use

on ryzen 5 didn't see any problem
thinkpad with i5 still counting dropped frames

1. Text is easier to read when the lines are short. Having a tall narrow screen enforces that.
2. Phone keyboards aren't awful. I get maybe half my wpm but really how often are you writing novels in Jow Forums posts?
3. Clover is built really well. The bookmarked threads feature alone makes it worth using over the browser by a significant margin.

>AV1 is meant to succeed its predecessor VP9
>Jow Forums still on VP8
Nothing to see here, then. The only reason I have webms is because of Jow Forums.

You can solve the first point very, very easily.

Attached: file.png (850x673, 60K)

>doesn't play in firefox or chromium
yikes

thank you for including me in the screencap, user

some stuttering on my t440p but I also have slay the spire running

>all these memepad users
Jow Forums is memepad board

>talking our your ass
yikes

When will ffmpeg use libdav1d? I heard that will make decoding 2-3x faster.

>RED
When will this retarded meme end. They're complete junk cameras but stupid fucks eat that shit up.

Numerous AV1 test clips up to 4k res:
elecard.com/videos

720p uses 110% CPU on my ThinkPad T450s.

How many days did it take to encode?

I own 4 functioning Thinkpads and a few others. They are without a doubt great general work machines:
- Word processing
- Web browsing
- Playground for messing around in Linux etc

However, I do also own an 8th Gen i7 Dell G7 for occasional gaems and CPU/RAM heavy CS programs like IntelliJ and Android Studio and the better hardware and more ram helps juggle multiple heavy applications at a time.

But if you aren't doing things that will make the computer heat up and spin fans then older Thinkpads, and other old business laptops if you don't mind somewhat lower build quality, really are the best choice for cost effectiveness and quality.

you say days as if you use a 32 bit machine. vids work much faster on 64 bit my dude

Huh?

t. Chrome on Debian 9.5

Attached: 20181107_194924-1.jpg (1982x2523, 2.94M)

works fine on linux/chrome/old xeon 5470
does not play on mpv/firefox without major stuttering

Lagos on my Dell 7559

>my.mixtape.moe/youeaf.webm
Can't open this in chrome or firefox/

"The owner of my.mixtape.moe has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this website.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Firefox may only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate."

It also wouldn't let me use http, it forces https.

>my.mixtape.moe/youeaf.webm
wget tells me 403 forbidden

Confirmed working on 2500k, thank G-D i waited!

Attached: 1536092700998.jpg (533x320, 33K)

Word,
Based and re- I mean bluepilled?

>All those stutters
Absolutely disgusting, it's wasting resources on CPU while the GPU sits still. Not even my Ryzen 1700X can't handle a smooth playback.
The decoder has a lot of optimization to do.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-08 18-25-45.png (3840x2160, 1.94M)

>Not even my Ryzen 1700X can't handle a smooth playback.
That's weird because my i5 6600(non-k) can play it just fine in mpv and chrome, I'm on Windows 10 tho.

what the fuck my sandy bridge i5 x230 played it fine, only issue was slow network
chromium/loonix 4.18/gnu

you idiots are doing something wrong

You realise you can bookmark threads on desktop, right? You just have to enable it in the settings. And if you think phone keyboards aren't garbage, you're just kidding yourself. The more information you include in a post the longer it'll get, and writing long posts on mobile is a physical pain. Low WPM incentivises shorter posts, which incentivises users to write "lol go fuck yourself", instead of having a real discussion.

There's a reason phone posters are shunned. It's not because they have different tastes, it's simply because they write shitter posts. Not only do phone posters take longer to write the same amount of text, they're less able to do research (provide sources for what they're saying), and they often have less time available to start with. If you're sitting on the train, and you see some guy ask, "How does technical subject x work?", are you going to respond to him with an in-depth analysis that makes this board a better place to browse? The answer's no. Maybe there's one or two wizards in this thread who're the exception to the rule, but the rule is correct the vast majority of the time. Phone posters contribute less, and they shitpost more. Ask yourself, when was the last time you hit the character limit on mobile?

I think the AVI decoder needs more polishing.

T520 masterrace. Runs fine here too.

Yeah but last I checked AV1 encoding specifically was really slow, that was the reference encoder before hardware optimization though so I'm sure it's sped up since then. That's probably what he was getting at.

>not using your phone to shitpost from bed while wrapped under your sheets
>not having your reaction images synced to your phone so that you don't lose the opportunity to use them all
Clover is just too good. 4chanX has some advanced features that aren't here, but sometimes I just feel too lazy to get out of bed. Plus, with winter coming, I can stay extra cozy in my sheets as I shitpost before I hit the hay.

Attached: 1507148667334.png (422x357, 161K)

Support should be added in the next version (4.1)

>yikes
yikes

>chromium only uses a single thread

Attached: 1527229447806s.jpg (250x223, 10K)

Input #0, matroska,webm, from 'my.mixtape.moe/youeaf.webm':
Metadata:
encoder : libebml v1.3.6 + libmatroska v1.4.9
creation_time : 2018-11-07T19:33:20.000000Z
Duration: 00:01:39.28, start: -0.007000, bitrate: 3703 kb/s
Stream #0:0: Video: av1 (Main), yuv420p(tv, bt709), 1920x1080, SAR 1:1 DAR 16:9, 23.98 fps, 23.98 tbr, 1k tbn, 1k tbc (default)
Stream #0:1(eng): Audio: opus, 48000 Hz, mono, fltp (default)

Here's another link for you.
>cursed-images.xyz/i/5wrw.webm

more like your computer is shit lmao
I have a ThinkPad W530 with an i7 3720QM and Nvidia Quadro K2000M from 5 years ago, plays fine

> ThinkPad W530
Are you even playing this in 4k?