Why don't you use an enterprise backed OS...

Why don't you use an enterprise backed OS? You know that your hobbyist OS made my part timers on weekends like arch and manjaro is not suitable for a stable workstation. Install something backed by a real company with real developers and actual funding, like SUSE Linux, Red Hat, Canonical and so on.

Attached: 1480258640467.jpg (640x410, 42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/105846/fedora-25-black-screen-after-update/
bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1645400
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because muh conspiracy theories

>Why don't you use an enterprise backed OS?
I do. It's called Windows.

Attached: 1522177416156.png (279x232, 12K)

If being enterprised backed was a good thing then SUSE would be good too.

Opensuse is good though

Attached: 1541287119062.png (225x225, 20K)

Compared to what? Windows? Sure. Literally any distro? God no.

Pretty based distro, I will stick with Arch though as it hasn't failed me yet, and I like AUR.

Attached: openPEPE.png (600x500, 79K)

Cute!

I don't use SLED though

Attached: 1516487594822.png (615x372, 156K)

Opensuse is the best designed Linux distro (Snapper and the installer are God tier) but Cinnamon is poorly supported so I don't use it.

Kys shill.

Fedora Master Race ™

I use Ubuntu
You know the small bot that sells your information

Fedora is basically an obsolete version of Opensuse. Opensuse offers features such as system snapshots so if an update breaks your system, you can roll it back.

its based but
>muh .deb
so i would stick with debian/ubuntu

>Opensuse offers features such as system snapshots so if an update breaks your system, you can roll it back
Are those FS based?. BTW on nixos we do that at package management level

He cute

Yes. Snapper uses btrfs snapshots of the root partition. When ever the system is updated, Snapper takes a snapshot. The really good part is that if something like shitty Nvidia drivers update and breaks both the GUI and even the TUI (this has happened) you can select a previous working snapshot from GRUB.

Never had that problem on fedora.

DHT disabled in the kernel

Attached: 1398125338189.jpg (960x768, 131K)

The kernel is already pretty much enterprise backed, but also who says people obsessed with free software aren't good at making free software

It's happened to other people. Example.
ask.fedoraproject.org/en/question/105846/fedora-25-black-screen-after-update/

Even the most upvoted way is the way you should do it. I do it that way every upgrade, though it wouldn't change no matter what distro I would use.

what ENB is this?

I've got OpenSuse on my T430 and Arch on my desktop.

Suses' terms of service are too oppressive.
Red hat is unnecessary for what I need to do.
Ubuntu is Spyware.

Attached: IMG_20181107_224314.jpg (1536x2048, 541K)

HOW DARE YOU!
YOU SLUT!

Attached: 1521220528112.jpg (1920x1280, 377K)

IBM is buying Red Hat so get ready for it to get fucked.

>on weekends like arch and manjaro
stopped reading right there. to compare a downstream distro to the source distro is redundant and weakens what you're saying after that
i'll stick with my hardened gentoo for now. it's held me up for a long time.

Red Hat was already fucked, I hope they throw pottering in a volcano.

kek

>problem on fedora.
Current stable version of Mesa in Fedora is broken because the current stable version of GCC in Fedora is broken and that was used to compile Mesa which makes Mesa compile invalid shaders - which results in mpv not playing video files with vo=gpu.

This total scandal is heavily documented in
bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1645400
and can not be denied, those who are trying to claim Fedora isn't a broken beta for RHEL with regular problems are flat earthers - denying the truth about what corporatism and greed has done to our GNU/Linux ecosystem.

I only use the Jow Forums approved distro Jow Forumsentoo. If not its openBSD and templeOS. Together the trifecta of 400 pound hacker zen.

Attached: 1535328647894.jpg (249x249, 12K)

enterprise = cucked hobbyist

>enterprise backed OS
*outdated software

>*outdated software
that's just not true, honeybuns

Those distros are all systemd trash made by Pajeets or communists from East Germany. Devuan, OpenIndiana, and OpenBSD are all you need.

Tried Opensuse the other day. It's shit.
Can't even install it on my Asus laptop. Tried it on my older one where btrfs kept locking up the system, Windows 10 tier levels of bad.

>blaming the OS instead of shitty laptops
>not using XFS or Ext4 when you're given the option

wew lad

kek

>Devuan

Corporate loves systemd