/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Jow Forums?
Previous thread: (sorry for not using an anime image edition)

Attached: haskellfags hold this L.png (867x126, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

durgasoft.com/
github.com/ArztSamuel/Applying_EANNs
devdocs.io/cpp/
docs.unity3d.com/Manual/OptimizingGraphicsPerformance.html
psxdev.net/help/hello-world_source/MAIN.C
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>trolling haskellers out of the gate edition

Attached: 1514099118990.png (500x377, 153K)

Post a screenshot of your code you fucking idiots.

what are you afraid of?

Attached: 1541598266081.png (1889x1135, 455K)

if traps are gay, then programming is gay

that Jow Forums will find out i'm a useless almost-NEET who only writes Haskell and doesn't make useful projects

Attached: 81643.png (300x300, 109K)

nothing cunt, you asked for it

Attached: prince of bel air.jpg (1062x500, 75K)

If you are educating or training yourself you are not a NEET user-kun

which gui library for c++ on windows?

>Random random = new Random();
thanks i tell myself that too when i'm reading useless papers

vulcan

I write poker tools and today all my accounts on PokerStars got banned, because I used 3 accs over vpn and VMs, the still knew I was multi accounting. I wasn't even playing, just debugging stuff.

My friend's acc and the acc of one of my customers also gotr banned, because they are associated with me. Now I have to create some new fake accs, so I can keep working, even though an update fucked my software and all the customers are complaining and canceling subscriptions.

why don't you write to customer support?

maybe you violated some of the "terms & conditions" you didn't read before hand.

I already did, but they will not give me the exact reason why I was banned because they say that might make it easier for people to evade bans, they want to keep all the information closed. According to the TOC I deserve the ban, so I am not even mad at them, it's still a shitty situation.

Anyone?

Also probably to evade any lawsuits that might come, they let me cash out all the money on the accounts.

i'm sure he's just writing card counters.

Does it freeze as if your computer is slow or is there something wrong with your code?

What is Frame? Is that some AWT shit?

trying to display realtime data on my robot video feed without compiling openCV on windows and dealing with that nightmare

might have to suck it up at this point tho
(please help, windows client, bot has rpi 3b+)

Basically the program slows my pc down to such an extent that I can barely move my cursor. I'm sure it isn't my computer's fault as I can run way heavier tasks in it and here I'm just doing something basic

>Is that some AWT shit?

Yes

are you good at poker yourself? do you write bots to play for you? how much bank do you make

Either:
Is there any way I can change go get to look for git in a specific location? I.e. git is not installed on the system but on a USB instead. Can it look for it on the USB or does it require to look in %PATH%?

or

Can %PATH% be changed on Windows 10 without admin rights, and if so how?

How important is modeling in the industry? uml, entity diagrams and so on

I am ok at poker, I made money playing at some point, but that was during the hype now I can't make much money playing.
I wrote one bot but never used it, I just sold it. I just write helper software, stuff that will seat you at tables, convert $ to big blinds, arrange the tables, stuff like that.
I made pretty good money around 2-3 years ago (with the software, not the playing), now I can still live from that but it's not much more than a normal job.

I need do some programming in a JavaFX app where I'm creating/deleting/keeping track of threads. I know fuckall about good threading practice in general, are there any good resources I could read through? Are the oracle pages on Service/Worker/Runnable enough? Mutex?

Do the opencv calculations on the pi then change how the data is delivered to the client. The windows client would only have to decode whatever CV gives you. Down side is having to run all that on the pi, which might not be feasible.

i only mentioned ocv because someone told me thats a somewhat easy way for overlays if i cant figure out anything else, never used it myself. I dont really need all the computational abilities of the library,
Pic related is basically all i want, a compass, a center crosshair, and a way to know where my camera is pointed.

Is it overkill? quite, is it fun? hell yea

i just found a plugin for unity3D that supposedly lets you stream to a texture with gstreamer.
ugh video streams are one of the things i've never touched in my years of programming and this is giving me a headache.

Attached: RedOrch-BF3-Image5.jpg (600x375, 305K)

like 90% in this industry, it's useless but since it's easy enough for every pajeet in the meeting to understand it became kinda important

Does the fact that the size of char isn't guaranteed to be exactly 8 bits in C mean that fputc could write 16 bits to a file at a time if you compiled your program for some retarded architecture?

i have no problem writting a second app that deals with sending data values to windows.

I just have no idea how to merge everything.

JavaFX is slow as dogshit, at least use electron like a normal person if you don't care about performance.

that would be a very retarded architecture

Are there any recommended resources for c# and vba?

Attached: 1517938451215.jpg (507x540, 90K)

this

durgasoft.com/

Attached: 1537509836300.png (1000x494, 369K)

babby filesystem is hard

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-11-07 14-17-33.png (744x905, 154K)

my weenie doesn't fit in my engineering panties

Attached: 1514021683113.gif (498x278, 636K)

JavaScript rocks!

Attached: js-rocks.png (1000x494, 369K)

i'm not in control of what i get to use

any resources on how to use cabal new-* effectively?
I only ever used stack

Are Indians (from India) actually bad at programming or is that just a meme

Such is life. You may kill yourself now.

did you know that the Java sea is next to India?

Attached: index.jpg (314x160, 5K)

Just some boring assignment stuff for uni that I'm done with now

Attached: unknown.png (768x830, 51K)

Indians probably have a similar distribution of good programmers and bad programmers to white people. The difference is that Indians are a lot better, or at least more willing, to fake it till they make it. So there are a lot of employed Indians programmers making life really shit for their competent coworkers.

for some definitions of next to

I'm completely new to programming learning Lua and want to make a simple game for the GitHub game off.

Planning on making a stock investment simulator, in which you have 52 weeks to turn $100,000 into as much as possible. There will be a few boosts such as purchasing insider information, spreading false news, etc. It'll be command line based but if I have enough time left I'll try learning a 2D library like LOVE or something.

>tfw no C sea

If your new, just never forget to _completely_ separate the game logic and the whole interface related stuff. that way migrating from TUI to GUI will just be a matter of a bunch of function calls. You'd even be able to support both.

enjoy my shitty mess

who can guess what i'm working on

Attached: code.png (1918x937, 64K)

So is the code written in OpenGL C or C++?
Like the fucking libs don't use the C casing standards...

Attached: 140953627854601.jpg (402x584, 36K)

Sony PlayStation 1 Source Code

Attached: Screenshot_2018-11-07_17-59-19.png (3840x1080, 603K)

>C casing standards

Attached: 1538849129788.gif (480x271, 2.04M)

congratulations, your prize is a chino

Attached: chino.jpg (540x793, 107K)

Commenting the main function with MAIN really helped me understand your code, thanks!

i think i might have a better question to my camera issue

So using python and picamera i can overlay text on the video

is it possible to pipe this output into gstreamer? that would be the easiest fuckin solution...i think

i'm not a weeb tho

Most C projects don't use camel casing tough
But nevermind it's just plain c

Anyone know what I would need to change to make this simulation run faster?: github.com/ArztSamuel/Applying_EANNs

Attached: 1541376234098.jpg (1024x769, 127K)

I got a job.

> tfw I'm getting my life in order

Attached: comfy14.jpg (1895x1272, 681K)

devdocs.io/cpp/ three dot menu, Preferences, Enable Dark theme
Use Tomorrow

Indias get a lot opportunities in software developer made amateurs,companies and universities over sell programming capacites just like today bootcamp industry on SV.

damn i'm not sure i have any prize images then

Probably eating all your RAM and causing you to swap to disk which will fuck you

>Get out
>for your own good

you're most welcome

quit job
make vidya gaymes

>get a ram with 128GB
>let unity allocate 50GB

>not having a job already
get on my level

I assume this is a joke about unity being slow?

>not using for(;;)

get out

Attached: 1484620344522.jpg (600x564, 33K)

is that why Java is so shitty?

"No."

These are the acceptable C++ file extensions:
>c
>h
>cpp
>hpp
>cxx
>hxx
>ipp
>ixx
>tpp
>txx
>inl
>tpl
>c++
>h++
>c++m
>cppm
>cxxm
>cc

I dare anybody to try and defend this shit

who are you quoting though

well the file name doesn't matter to the compiler

if that "game" was not optimized in the first place, i guess there isn't much to do.

docs.unity3d.com/Manual/OptimizingGraphicsPerformance.html

But yeah let Unity eat more RAM is always an option

>c
should be
>C

>c
No.

why would you use anything but cpp?
Why these random ass exts?

me. I said "No." yesterday.

It's not a game. It's a machine learning simulation. I know my computer can run it faster, I think it's just arbitrarily set to run at a certain speed.

I don't believe you

>he doesn't know that .C is also a valid C++ file extension

hence why i said "game". couldn't care less what it is

>a derived class, like a Car class, receives all the state and methods from a superclass, like a Vehicle class: this is inheritance
>at run time, when a message is passed to an instance of the Car class a mechanism called late binding or dynamic binding will request this instance to look up for the right method in a reference of an instance of the Vehicle class, bring it to the Car class and override that method adapting its behavior to the Car class specific state: this is polymorphirsm
is that about right, anons? I'm learning OOP

No idea about most of those but you forgot .cp and .C. Also, if .c counts, .m and .mm for Obj-C/C++ does too.

Car car = new auto();

>this is valid C++

>tfw label a file test.m
>text editor thinks it's Obj-C
>it's actually a MATLAB file

basically. (in the context of OOP.)

What y'all sippin'/Workin on?

Attached: IMG_20181107_182019.jpg (3840x2160, 2.35M)

Attached: 20181102_231545.jpg (4032x3024, 3.02M)

I'm trying to make sense of some flight seem code. it's infuriating to read
>this is how engineers write code

Attached: larcsim.png (1347x988, 134K)

video streams are merely a series of predictive frames, which themselves are a transformation on a reference keyframe using inter-frame and intra-frame coding, then further compressed using a discrete cosine transform and quantization coefficients, paired with a Huffman encoding.

Those are the worst comments I've ever seen.

>all that space wasted on shitty formatting style

>monitor sitting on top of receiver
>AT-M50 phones
Are you me?

what don't you like about them?

How does seeking work then? Does it just get the base frame and quickly apply all transformations up to the seek point?

psxdev.net/help/hello-world_source/MAIN.C