I have a theory about programming languages

I have a theory about programming languages.
Languages like C, C++, Assembly, and Perl tend to attract a more conservative crowd. Projects in these languages tend to generally reject CoCs, or in the case of Linux, last extremely long without one.
Languages like Python, Ruby, Rust, and Node.JS tend to attract a more liberal crowd. Projects in these languages tend to be extremely eager to introduce CoCs, avoid naming like master/slave, and heavily focus on "diversity" and "inclusion".
Why? In general, the former are lower-level, and the latter are higher-level and more often used for web. But this isn't a hard and fast rule. For instance, Rust is higher level than Perl, and its community is still much more left-leaning.

Here's my hypothesis: the latter group of languages are easier to learn, meaning that more women use them because they are worse programmers. This is consistent with prior observations, and makes sense.

Thoughts?

Attached: 1536363731817.jpg (3721x2470, 1.42M)

Nice theory.
How are you gonna prove it?

Well, you could do demographic analysis. But I just wanted to discuss it.
Are there any other potential explanations?

Attached: 1541569757440.png (1395x747, 166K)

do people use arduino professionally?

What are the axes on your meme chart? Enjoyment vs usefulness?

No, but for school. Same for Mathematica and Matlab.

Y axis is unpleasantness (see: left part of the image), X axis is use.
It's just this graph rotated and colored.

Attached: 1530103904955.png (1250x1120, 155K)

here's my potential explanation. You're literally full of shit and have zero proof. None of your premises are substantiated.

>trash languages for brainlets attract trash brainlets
WOW
O
W

What the hell is TeX, the standard in serious academia, doing all the way down there? Is this a joke?

>Java,C++,C,Perl a lot school engineer now work as programmers.
>Python,Ruby,Node.js bootcamps and self taugh for SV hipster and non-collage students.

SV fall in love RoR for prototype or Node.js for "scale"

this

Abe should've been C++ desu

a better hypothesis is that the more recent and mainstream appeal of a language/project the more likely it's going to 'accept cocs', whatever that means
using your two examples, perl is an incredibly easy to write (not read) language that was de-facto web language before everybody switched to php and later javascript but as its popularity was peaking in the early 2000s it missed the diversity push entirely, php also mostly missed the diversity push, whereas rust is a non-trivial language but it's very modern and was created by mozilla who have always been very left leaning/liberal so its community shares a lot of those values
both python and ruby are old but python is taught in schools and is used a lot in corporate environments which skew more to the PC crowd, and ruby didn't really get mainstream appeal in the english speaking world until mid/late 2000s so it was late enough to get on the diversity push (although its creator is quite against cocs that aren't just 'be nice')
it explains why java, c#, d, pascal, etc are all non-coc accepting because they're all old enough languages to miss the push, it doesn't quite explain go but go does have a coc and it's not really a language anyone cares about other than 'it's easy'

Using C or C++ does not make someone a better programmer. Rust doesn't have anything in common with a language like javascript. It has manually memory management and a strict compiler. Which if anything enforces better coding practices. In addition, the majority of programmers that use the language have no control over what the project maintainers want. In the case of python and Linux the decision was deeply unpopular among contributes and users. So who adopts coc is indications of the political interest of the maintainers of these projects. All of these high level projects are inplememted in languages like C. So your entire argument falls apart. The people that put that allow for these cocs are usually skilled in C or an equivalent languages.

a person that doesnt want gay people be married is somehow not C
get you shit together Jow Forums

most Languages dont need Numbers they are just trying to print Text. numbers are only needed as Characters and everything should be stored in memory as an Array

Attached: 2018-11-09-00:11:29_1167x534_scrot.png (1167x534, 149K)

gay People are nasty who wants Sex lubricated with Poop? nasty

>Rust
>higher level than perl
you're a brainlet

>C
>enjoyable
>not used for work
brainlet

this thread is fuckin dumb

I was on board, then the last paragraph took a turn.

I'm not certain exactly why, but I have a vague idea that it correlates with critical thought and willingness to work with confusing things

This seems sound. Age of the community.

Right tool for the right job dickhead

I think they meant lower, which is why it would be odd that it's more left-leaning

>shinzo abe not ruby
you had one job

I'm an anarcho-communist and I code in C.

>VimL
Excuse me what?

>Projcts like Python, Ruby, Rust, and Node.JS tend to attract a more liberal crowd.
Not more liberal, just less intelligent. People who aren't genuinely interested in learning about technology and only care about "muh divursitee" are more likely to gravitate towards these languages, and towards CoCs.

>rust is higher level than perl

What I mean is that generally speaking easy languages that don't require much learning and aren't very powerful are more likely to attract people who will never have more than a casual interest in computers, because they're more interested in normie stuff like politics and they aren't intelligent enough to appreciate more difficult languages. These people are also more likely to try to push CoCs.

Mistyped, meant "rust is lower level than perl"

What absolute horseshit. I can't even begin to describe how misguided this is

C++ is a very liberal crowd.
But here's your answer:
1. release date determines the user base generation. all the conservative shit you listed is old as fuck
2. libtards want things "neat" and "safe", right wingers don't really care if the code is not following "best practices" or whatever some wanna be guru said on his latest Medium post. they just care about gitting gud and shit that just works

>Thoughts?

That you should fuck off to your containment board