twitter.com/AnonBabble

What is your Top 3 keycap profile?

1.Cherry
2.SA
3.XDA

MT3 > *.

amazon.com/dp/B07FFR97LS/ref=twister_B07G458NG2?_encoding=UTF8&th=1#

need a white backlit keyboard, what do you guys think of link related

Attached: 1541608910798.jpg (969x645, 152K)

1) KT
2) Cherry
3) SS2

Looks like someone took an old Ducky keyboard and increased the price. I'd say get a Ducky One 2 instead since they cost less and are better in every single way

Got my printer, now time to actually get it working and then dactyl here I come

>Budget
nothing above $200
>Location (continent at least)
US
>Preferred switch type
Cherry MX Blues
>Layout
ANSI
>Form factor
either 100% or 80
>Backlight
Doesn't particularly matter to me
>Previous/current keyboards
Ducky One (Cherry MX Reds)

Current MK has ABS keycaps so would want something with PBT caps. Media control keys (or at least volume up and down keys) are preferable as well. Any suggestions?

>Cherry MX Blues
Leopold. 100% no question

The other user is right, but if you want dedicated media control keys then get another Ducky keyboard

What's one of the best keyboard deals you've found?

As in quality to price ratio.

Does used count? Cause I found a bunch of model Fs for free.

I would say so. Also, lucky you.

I'm still very satisfied with that BTC dome board I got for 5 bucks off eBay. Easily one of my favorite tactile boards.

Got my beamspring for $20 at a lab surplus sale at a university a couple years back. This was when they were still only like $300 on ebay, but still the best deal I ever got. I've got stranger and rarer things that I like better and have paid more for but nothing is as valued as that thing.

Anyone know of any other media keycap sets like this? Preferably backlit. I don't want to spend $15 for just the six I'll be using when I could get a full 108 keycap set for $20.

Attached: 51zz5b54rbL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x1200, 47K)

Redpill me on the ergodox. Is it best to DIY or buy prebuilt? Best layout for programming? I often find my pinky gets stressed from reaching for brackets and quotes and + - signs, seems it'd be nice to move those onto the thumb buttons.

which part of the box is self-lubed? is it the side button?

how different are hako true/clear vs hako royal ?

>mx blue

user get pale blues
buy chink keeb

>willing buying chink shit
never, i refuse to buy chink shit on principle.

People tend to either like that or dactyl / dactylmanuform. I'm probably gonna end up building both but the ergodoc seems like a very smooth transition from tradition keyboards. Just make sure you know how to flash the firmware.

>buying a chink keeb anyways
>buying the cheapest out of date possible.

>being this braindead

your keyboard is gonna have made in china parts fag.

Not him, but mine doesn't

>how different are hako true/clear vs hako royal ?
Quite a bit

Attached: hako.png (3409x1216, 166K)

Actually mine was made in Korea

Brown is good

(You)

i want a cute media keyboard with just those keys

I’m working on designing a reduced ergodox + integrated mouse. Takes a few things from Redox and backports them. Oh yeah and it’s cheap as fuck and uses SMD shit everywhere.

What kind of shit do you guys want to see in a board?

Are those Filco keyboard a good deal?

No. Get a leopold, ducky, or varmilo for less.

This fits in a 1u key. Let me rephrase that, this fits inside the reduced sized top of a keycap.

Attached: 1024B7C2-2F00-4080-A07F-9774C2BCAE95.jpg (1920x1080, 166K)

I’m going to have to get stencils and shit for this thing. Look at the size of those pads!

Attached: 78345328-16C7-47D9-8D6D-36AF285BBEDE.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

I unironically enjoy BOX Pale Blue switches. How fucked am I?

>not box navy
Still better than most other readily available clicky switches.

>navy
Too heavy senpai, they feel like bricks

Pale blue is already a heavy switch though, Surely it's not that big of a jump?

I've been testing them on a clicky switch tester and Pale Blue only feel like they're slightly heavier than standard blues (BOX White, Gateron and Cherry), whereas Navy feel much heavier. I try to push them with my pinky finger, which is the weakest one, and I can push Pale Blue quite easily compared to Navy. Also don't Pale Blue have a shorter travel tot he actuation point? Or at least it feels like this to me

Opinions on the Filco Majestouch Convertible 2?

I'm looking for a wireless keyboard with long battery life... everything else is secondary. This one claims to have months-long battery life. Are there any downsides?

>That's the thing, you can't. There is literally nothing out there that is good, just mediocre garbage.
If that's true, what's wrong with this keyboard?

Attached: 61G349lTxWL._SL1200_.jpg (1200x900, 82K)

It should be quite close, but if you go by haata's graphs the pale blue has a longer actuation distance.

>I'm still very satisfied with that BTC dome board I got for 5 bucks off eBay. Easily one of my favorite tactile boards.
still for sale? lol

the thicker clickbar adds like 20g to the tactile peak, that's a big difference

I'm honestly surprised, Pale Blues' actuation point seems quite a bit closer to the top to me...anyways I still need to test them out. My favourites so far are BOX White, Gateron Blues (these ones have impressed me much more than I have expected), Speed Gold and BOX Pale Blue.

Budget: $60 or lower
Specs: Whatever I can get with Cherry MX Browns or Blues or similar
Recommendations?

Attached: pizza.jpg (550x550, 71K)

>speed gold
Pardon, Speed Bronze.

I literally just need a good keyboard and mouse combo for work and I can't find anything. It's for a second workstation which compliments my main workstation; I'll only be using it probably 1-3 hours out of the workday. Talk me out of just buying this:

amazon.com/Anker-Wireless-Keyboard-Windows-Portable/dp/B07886CMRV

I'm buying it literally because they're cheap and have good aesthetics. All of the alternatives seem like pure shit,

Attached: kbm.jpg (400x500, 26K)

Get a K120 and a cheap wireless mouse like a M175.

Not gonna happen buddy.

Attached: WITNESS ME.jpg (3200x2133, 2.22M)

I'm an adult!

Attached: 1540739024674.png (1400x433, 498K)

shit taste in keyboards

>my posts is funny

there'snothing funny about that reddit keyboard

>Budget
$270, or around $200 freedom bucks.
>Location
Canada.
>Preferred switch type
Anything that isn't linear or high resistance.
>Layout
Preferably ANSI.
>Form factor
As compact as reason permits, 60% is ideal.
>Backlight
Highly preferred.
>Previous/current keyboards
Bloody B720. Not a huge fan of it.

Arrow keys are a must, multimedia controls are a bonus. I prefer darker colors and dislike excessive RGB lighting.

Get an aluminum tada68 from kbdfans. If you want to take it the extra mile then get the DIY kit and lube all the switches & stabilizers.

Can anyone tell me if any other switches got the feedback I'm looking for?
I bought switch testers, one cherrry and one gateron (that also has zealios violet and purple on it).
I like mx clear the best, gateron doesn't have an equivalent and I bottom out easier on zealios.
What I'm looking for is a switch that has less resistance up to the actuation point, a somewhere distinct tactile bump there and then get noticeable more resistance after that.
Zealios' bump requires too much force compared to the resistance after it, making me bottom out immediately after getting past the bump. With mx clear I stop only a small distant after bump. Though it probably also helps that the mx clear has a less strong bump compared to zealios.
What switches got comparable behavior (or better) to mx clear? Or should I just take advantage of the fact that I can find prebuilds with the switch I like best?

Redpill me on Topre

Hako royal clear/true have the same idea of a softer top/higher bottom out as mx clears. The bump is larger & higher up in the force curve. Worth a try at least. Otherwise just lube mx clears and be happy with that.

Do mechanical keyboards get black friday deals or only the shitty gamer ones?

they are the Apple of switches

no that's Apple butterfly switches

Post your switches

So make one.

Attached: 12310004.jpg (5472x3648, 1.05M)

1, Cherry
2. DSA
3. MT3

Why does my cherry keycaps feel like garbage on my vintage blacks? Should I move to a higher profile keycap?

Maybe it's not the keycap profile that's the issue.

>K120
it's hideous and I bet it's really bad to type on. I already have a bunch of really shitty rubber domes laying around, most of them hoenstly make my hands hurt after a few hours

no they are garbage that gets overrated because it's overpriced

Yeah that's Apple butterfly switches

Get a real hobby

Like what?

speakers

Is masturbation a real hobby?

>tfw you get sick of high profile cases so you optimize for height
>I can't fucking wait to get some low profile switches on this thing

Attached: Selection_028.png (667x639, 76K)

Yes if you buy stuff related to it

Using choc minis then? 'Cause they have a different pinout to standard mx switches.

By your logic Topre is shit. The K120 is the holy grail of cheap membrane rubber done boards.

Oh sure, lube, buttplugs, masturbators

anyone /tv/ here?

Attached: 1ugQRaG.jpg (2560x1440, 573K)

>By your logic Topre is shit
...why?

> The K120 is the holy grail of cheap membrane rubber done boards
that's fine but I'm just saying I don't really need another $5 wired keyboard, unless it's really a huge upgrade over my existing shitter which is literally hurting my hands it's so awful to type on, mushy and hard to press and just generally shitty

I wish there were more wireless mechanical options

>so then I arbitrarily removed some keys to make it less functional
>Wow! and only $450!

good day fellow adult!

More interested in trying this out if only for the KAM profile.

Attached: KAM inu.jpg (2056x1372, 133K)

Get a VR headset and one of those 2k$ real life dolls

I didn't even know about those. Looks like I might be fucking around with some footprints goddddddamn

Keyboard design peaked with the AEK, prove me wrong

Do I look rich to you?

Why the fuck does it need to be wireless tho? You are paying 20+ dollar premium for something you use for 2 houts a day

No. It was a batch of new old stock stuff on ebay months ago. He was out by the time I got mime shipped.

You can find BTC domes on eBay pretty commonly, though. Just keep a look out.

Damn, that is gorgeous. I'm now following that thread.

Looks like the literal trash in the movie. The legends are also uninspired.

>Why the fuck does it need to be wireless tho? You are paying 20+ dollar premium for something you use for 2 houts a day
because it looks better at my desk and reduces clutter?
>$30+ dollar premium
idk man it's rechargeable and the aesthetics are nice, i'm not saying you're wrong, just saying it's pretty much the only thing available

I'd honestly buy a nicer mechanical kb if something existed, but it doesn't.

Also most of the logitech wireless mice are hideous as well, I do like the MX Master 2 but I don't want to drop $70 on a backup mouse lol

Guys? I am not baiting here, but is the Logitech G413 any good?

Attached: bwgSreDiYNbr39E3JrrYD7-1200-80.jpg (1200x675, 74K)

Should I go for a Ducky One TKL (red cherry switch) or Cooler Master MasterKeys TKL Pro S (red cherry switch) ?

Attached: keyboard.jpg (1038x404, 119K)

anons here don't like the ROMER-G TACTILE switches

I see, so it's more a thing of the buttons and this seems relevant. Is there something similar/comparable to the minimalistic G413 in the world of mechanical keyboards out there?

Yeh, even more so
Get an xd75 gey

Don't get your hopes up, it's impossible to buy that switch.

I optimize for height too.
A keyboard I'm currently building will be super low
it will look like this:
kailh low profile choc switch
1.3mm mounting plate
4mm middle spacing for the bottom of the switch an wiring
1mm bottom plate

You can't go much lower.
You can have the middle space 0.2mm shorter but then the switch will literally short out on the bottom plate, unless it's not metal
You could miss the bottom plate, cutting an additional 1mm, but then there would be nothing on the bottom.