Help a new Android friend

I recently switched from iPhone to Samsung. How the fuck do I send and receive high resolution images and videos to my iPhone friends? Switching might have been a huge mistake.

Attached: Android Poojeets BTFO.jpg (800x568, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mixtape.moe/
t-mobile.com/news/rcs-messaging-leadership
usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2018/07/03/samsung-probes-bug-sent-galaxy-phone-contacts-random-pictures/754153002/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66276481/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66292478/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66298954/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66305265/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306100/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306371/
mega.nz/mobile
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

by texting them???

Download textra from the playstore, set MMS size to 2MB. If that causes problems set it to 1MB. You're welcome.

Try the autocong.sys in the DOS setup

this. OP, to access the DOS setup you have to delete the kernel image. use Google. godspeed.

No. It compresses into absolute dogshit.

I said to myself if iPhone Xs Max didn't do some new stuff, I'd switch. It's nothing but a bigger X with a better camera (who the fuck cares), so I got the Note9. It's nothing but a mistake if it can't even compete with iMessage.

>high resolution images and videos to my iPhone friends
iTrash screens have half the resolution of Android phones, there's no point sending them anything in high resolution.

Attached: 1517937955302.jpg (1500x441, 179K)

2mb is a joke. The phone takes a normal picture bigger than that, nevermind even trying to send a video.

It's the default samshit SMS app m8, it uses a very low MMS limit of like 64KB for some reason so all photos look like shit. It's probably done to ensure it works on all carriers but if you can afford the note 9 it doesn't sound like your carrier is tracfone.

iMessage is a fucking joke and randomly sends your messages to random contacts, literally anything is better than iShit.

Attached: 1513667262417.png (511x986, 296K)

Well that's the limitation for MMS on many carriers m8. The only other option would be to use an internet based messaging system like whatsapp or facebook messenger. iMessage works this way too.

Also this.

which is why people use SnaCPhat

Well normal people also use other messenger apps than iMessage. Where I live it's WhatsApp but perhaps in the land of the obese your friends probably have some garbage like Facebook messenger or maybe your zoomer friends are more the snapchat guys.

SnapShat is also trash. The devs are such incompetent street shitters they just take a screen shot of the camera viewfinder rather than take an actual picture with the camera.

I'm brand new to this. What am I deleting and what does it do for me? Sorry, but if I'm going to do something like this, you'll have to walk me through it because I can't afford to brick a $1000 phone haha.
Don't start shitflinging. iPhone display is not bad. Plus videos.

Sprint if that matters...

>iPhone display is not bad
You're right, it's atrocious. It literally cannot display the color black.

Attached: 57431439dd08953f7a8b463d-750-562.jpg (750x562, 51K)

More like iMESSages.

Attached: 1529845488499.png (756x1594, 109K)

What faggot looks at their phone screen through a microscope?
If it doesn't look like shit, it's fine. There's absolutely no need for retarded QHD screens for mobile phones.

Fuck me...
That wasn't my experience, but ok I guess.

Sprint appears to be 2MB max for images but I can't find anything on video file size. You're gonna have to play with textra settings to find out what works.

Alternatively you can also use mixtape.moe/ to send and receive large video files to and fro your butt buddies. 100MB max file size should accommodate at least a few minutes of 720p video (bitrate can be modified with opencamera app).

Come on, son. That is an old ass iPhone. Samsung makes their panels now. I'm not trying to start up an Android vs iPhone thread here. I'm just looking for some honest advise.

Eurotrash. We use imessage over here.

The problem is your friends use proprietary iTrash that refuses to communicate and receive large files from other messaging clients. Google Messages doesn't have this problem.

>ctrl+f
>rcs
>phrase not found

y'all niggas even trying
t-mobile.com/news/rcs-messaging-leadership

Appreciate the advice. Unfortunately mixtape wouldn't even let me upload an 18s video at QHD 60fps.

I just tried Google photos and it uploads whatever, but one iPhone buddy I sent it to said it wouldn't open and the other iPhone guy was able to view it. Does the recipient need a Google account or is it just janky.

That's essentially what textra is and OP is on sprint.

Then download open camera and change the bitrate like 4Mbps for 720p, that would give you about 3 minutes

Did you try the textra app and setting mms size to 2MB?

Yes, it's definitely an improvement over the default app.

>already patched
>barely affected anyone in the first place
>actually believing in clickbait websites in the first place
>Google Messages doesn't have this problem.
Considering that's still MMS (RCS actually coming to carriers when!?) it's going to have the same issues as the rest of this thread. The solution here is that everyone, Android, iPhone, whatever his friends are using, switches to some messaging app like WhatsApp until RCS is standardized at the carrier level and Apple adopts it. The whole reason iMessage is a thing was because RCS wasn't there 5+ years ago.

Try: "carrier has no limit". Who knows maybe they upped it up to 5/10MB by now.

see

>>already patched
Latest update undid the patch lmao.

D-do you think apple actually will adopt rcs??

>being this much of an apple bot
pathetic

Fuck no. Their solution is that you should have bought an iPhone. They'll still be using a lightning charger before everyone switches to full wireless.

quad get nice 7777

Try WhatsApp

>switching was a mistake because Apple makes everything hard when you don't use their shit
Yeah, switching is a mistake when you support monopolization. If you're too dumb to have choices and learn simple shit, go back to Apple.

Android may work for shit, but at least I'm not supporting a literal fucking psychotic cult.

It can compete with iMessage, it just can't be compatible with a close proprietary piece of shit.

Op use xender it's super fast and very easy and also available in appstore and playstore

They don't do it because they're incompetent, they do it because Apple paid them

It's got nothing to do with being too dumb to learn a new system. The fact is that Android doesn't have a reply to iMessage. Everyone with an iPhone has iMessage; Android users have to use find some third party app (which already compromises efficiency/reliability) and then beg all their friends and family to download it too. If Apple weren't dirtbags, we could all use the iMessage app, even if it were a paid service for Android users. Apple made things easy for their customers and Android doesn't care that their customers are getting screwed.

Telegram. It werks on pretty much all platforms, can send 5GB files, is quick, etc...

OR OR OR they know everyone moved onto whatsapp/messenger and MMS is old tech. They've tried bundling whatsapp but then every cries "bloat bloat!". I'd rather deal with having to spend 5 minutes downloading better than stock apps than to deal with the locked down frankenstine that is iOS.

t. ex iPhone 6/8 owner

download textra and set mms size to 2mb, stock sms apps blow

If you are going to use a phone-number-based messenger at least use Signal instead of Facebook's Whatsapp.
I'd prefer XMPP with OMEMO, but that still leaves open the possibility for someone to accidentally disable encryption.

Just adjust this slider you stupid poojeets

Attached: EEA47CAB-129B-45DF-9B5E-835DA837984E.jpg (750x784, 157K)

God you people are retards.
It’s the SMS protocol itself that’s limiting your file size. Until Android and carriers implement RCS, you’re all stuck with 20 year old messaging standards. Or if you can convince your friends to use Signal. Signal is a decent, privacy focused app

No, you’re the retard:
OP clearly said he was sending to other iPhone users. Learn to read you stupid faggot.

>No answer to iMessage
WhatsApp? Viber? Telegram? Signal?

Signal feels way too limited, it focuses too much on security meaning it lacks functionality.

You don't need a microscope to see individual pixels in a retina display
t. Was able to discern individual pixels on the iPhone 4

>Andjeets are forced to use an ancient ass protocol they can’t send more than 10mb over

LMAO

Attached: 14117928-41F4-46B3-BF3F-C1D03F188814.jpg (643x960, 406K)

They built into the OS and usable as soon as the phone is turned on for the first time?
Nope.
Too much effort for a normie.

File size is limited. Stop shilling.

I don't know who you are, all I know is that I posted that OS stats shit first. I love it when we spank the naughty resident foaming Apple-rage pajeet together.

Attached: pjt.png (222x257, 104K)

usatoday.com/story/tech/nation-now/2018/07/03/samsung-probes-bug-sent-galaxy-phone-contacts-random-pictures/754153002/

>even the best Android phones will still send your dark room flash flaccid cock pictures to your uncle without you knowing

>street shitting ipoojeet forced to use assMessages that just sends his texts to random contacts
LMAO

Attached: 1521950603263.png (813x1402, 369K)

>Android doesn't care that their customers are getting screwed.
I understand what you are saying, but Android is not used on a single phone line by a single game company. Samsung and others will always want to include their own messaging clue for privacy or to data mine you. Same thing with other companies.

At best everybody uses some standard messaging item provided by included Google Gaps.

TL;DR It is more complicated then people think.

>be pajeet in India
>never see iPhones in real life
>actually think that a phone that can't display black has sold hundreds of millions of units over 10 years

Imagine being this much of an autistic curry.

>iBrainlet doesn't know about messengers

>street shitting Andravidian forced to use web version of Facebook on his $50 Jeetphone to ask teenage American girls for nudes

Attached: 1541397510402 (2).png (813x1402, 250K)

>Android Poojeets BTFO.jpg
>Help a new Android friend
Street shit harder iPoojeet.

Attached: 1530797578459.jpg (643x960, 256K)

>being such a cringelord Rajesh that you think you can get away with rebranding ancient Microsoft memes

Nobody uses Apple products in India, pajeet. No amount of posting gay edits will change that.

Attached: 1482477064199.png (640x800, 1024K)

Reminder that this iPajeet shill outed himself.
>makes fake celebrity account
>sends himself messages for "le ebic trole xD"
>forgets to remove his sim
>exposes himself as a literal pajeet on vodafone india
>actually tries to pull a "i-i-i was just PRETENDING to be a pajeet" "i-i-it was just a joke!"
warosu.org/g/thread/S66276481/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66292478/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66298954/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66305265/
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306100/
>even tries to hide it with airplane mode
warosu.org/g/thread/S66306371/

Attached: 1518995411751.jpg (1200x1200, 374K)

SEETHING Andreet shitdick BTFO once again.

Attached: 972B9704-CE45-44B0-85C2-F6E01CC4164C.webm (750x1298, 863K)

>being such a pajeet that you think pic related is actually iOS rather than an Android skin on some poo phone
>iPHONE IS ONLY IN INDIA SIRS PLS BELIEVE ME NO IPHONE IN AMERICA REEEE sir believe pls

Go ahead and tell me its real iOS so I can continue laughing.

Attached: 1528496487287[1].jpg (1044x1882, 1.3M)

SEETHING rakesh falling for a false flag LMAO

Attached: C38F8BD9-D489-4686-9F01-701B0E836F88.jpg (2048x2048, 692K)

Attached: Idenfitying iOS, Pajeet Edition.jpg (1044x1882, 440K)

ios10 theme as well, look at the signal bars

OP here. That's what I miss about my iPhone. All this talk about "Samsung Note9 is a power-user's phone" and """unlimited""" possibilities for custom experience. It can't even send a decent video even with all the app suggestions so far. Apple fucking got it right all along. Fuck.

Street shit harder poojeet. You've neverf even touched a note 9.

k

Attached: 15417507935096322916576716396529.jpg (4032x3024, 2.04M)

>buying a note9 to shill your fruit trash
O B S E S S E D LMAO

Look, all I wanted was to have some kind of iMessage replacement on my new phone. Of course this thread ends in retards like you shilling though. Thanks for that.

Attached: At least it can't get any worse.jpg (766x960, 115K)

You got your answer moron. There's tons of options, but none of them work for you because your retarded friends use proprietary trash that refuses to communicate with other clients using open standards.

>There's tons of options, but none of them work
Android in a nutshell. I'll keep trying, but I might have to go back to my flock if nothing works out.
t. iSheep

iMessage works only on Apple products.
WhatsApp works on every smartphone.
That's it. Blame your friends for not adapting WhatsApp.

whatsapp compresses all media beyond repair

use telegram. it has 1.5 gb size limit for files.

By using a third party messenger like the rest of the world does. You mutts need to let go of SMS, Jesus Christ

this
WhatsApp even converts and compresses gifs

iMessage is NOT SMS europoor

You can attach anything "as document" and it will not be compressed

Attached: Screenshot_20181109-101254_WhatsApp.jpg (1080x1538, 319K)

>Telegram
Somehow I skipped this until now and it's the only one that actually fucking works. Jesus Christ... This thread could have been done 3 fucking hours ago if I knew how to read. Thanks anons!

Attached: 317.png (758x631, 47K)

Why people hate email? Just send a fucking email.

Yikes

25mb file size limit on Gmail.

>10mb
how do you send such big files? I thought it was like 1mb

If you do Google's services, the approach is that 25mb files go into email and that 10gb files are linked in email to gdrive.

Sorry you lost your job mate.

3rd party not sending through mms

MMS has been dead for a decade, right? I don't recall even Apple's service was based on MMS, as backwards as IOS may be.

But user, what's next week?

I guess this feature doesn't work with 3rd party clients, does it? I guess one could use the mega.co.nz app to send large files:
mega.nz/mobile
I wonder if there is some FOSS alternative.

It depends on which 3rd party client, but generally no since its not a feature of email with standard imap, pop2, smtp... itself. The client needs special support if it has to do this.

Not that you can't do it in 2 steps, upload to gdrive and link the file into an email or xmpp chat or whatever yourself.

That said, on both the sending and receiving end doing 3rd party clients is easier than in Apple's ecosystem. Its basically as good as it gets in this regard.

>using MMS
is it 2005 again?