Ask a windows UI-designer/UX engineer anything

Attached: microsoft_CONFIDENTIAL.png (1784x984, 64K)

how did this* happen?

*all of it

One team in America and one team in India were forced to "work together", resulting in a horrific mish-mash of decent ideas and pure unfiltered shit duct taped on with lots of duplicated functionality scattered around. One team used agile process, the other team used waterfall process.

are you gonna fix it or just bleed out and transition to a linux/xbox/cloud company?

why?

Attached: programming-geniuses-2.jpg (735x754, 122K)

how come every time I see something retarded like that I want to fix it? I mean, everyone gets the joke it's pointless but just.

This is why some men become analysts instead of developers. They are content to simply test it and tell the developer it doesn't work because you input an 11. These men can't live as developers because if they had to actually look at the code they would be unable to continue without first un-fucking it, which is a great and impossible Sisyphean task.

Why are you people thinking that adding literal ads in start button, in a paid product is a great idea?

Honestly I'm scared, because usually I see some code and I fix like two classes and I realise the only true solution is `rm *.java` and write it again with a sane ER model.

Why don't you find a decent Master student, who's gonna do all the UI/UX as a master thesis.
Get someone who isn't a dumbfuck and you'll have a consistent UI which is liked by "the people".

no changes will make anyone happy ever, and honestly it's just going to lay another terrible design language over 30 years of legacy cruft.

The only selling point is that backwards compatibility.

nice larp

>AMA
>no trip code
So what posts are OP's?

why is the tablet mode such a clusterfuck?
what's with the scroll bar in the settings menu that gets stuck?
What about scrolling (mousewheel) in the settings menu that wont work until you drag the scroll bar?
And what's with the design of the scroll bar disappearing in several MS products leading non-technical users to believe there's no more settings?

Just wait till the 'flickering Win10 icons' geezer discovers, he missed his chance to interrogate you.
>JUST

When will MS get around to fixing multiple monitor handling so that individual windows don't get juggled around (in size and position) seemingly at random when the monitors get turned off in the evening and back on again the next morning?

It'd be nice if the task bar could remember where I put it, too...

Any explanation for this?

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 180K)

when will you bring back the MOST BEAUTIFUL DESIGN EVER CREATED?

Attached: w7.png (1341x919, 711K)

came here to post this. what in god's dickhole are they doing? why can I check a box that says "I'd like to keep my eyes please" , only to open the next window and have the room bathed in white hot radiation

>muh flickering icons

Attached: MATE-clock-crash.png (334x164, 6K)

I want to have sex with it

Attached: About Windows 7.png (490x428, 28K)

why is windows 10 so inconsistent with its design?

based femanon

why is paint using 30% of my i5-4670 and waiting 3 seconds for me to stop drawing before displaying shit user?

windows requires atleast an i7. get somethign like the core i7-920. that'll be way faster than your i5.
the number stands for the amount of cores your central pc unit has. 7>5.