How does Jow Forums actually make money...

How does Jow Forums actually make money? No sane company would put their ads here and its not like 99% of the userbase blocks ads

Attached: 85a.jpg (600x450, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

Jow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Passes

Jow Forums is a honeypot, they basically keep track of every post, image, ip address etc that has been submitted here

they also sell Jow Forums passes, and there's spyware and adware

Not anymore. They don't take paypal or credit cards and most people won't be renewing their passes.

This. It's basically the ideal place to monitor risky individuals.

They get taxes from the Internet to keep all the retards in one place

>No sane company would put their ads here
non-sane companies do
>and its not like 99% of the userbase blocks ads
Most of the Jow Forums userbase are the fucktards going to the containment boards (b, pol etc). If you seriously think they block ads then you are dead wrong.

we train the hiro AI with captchas

Attached: mscall.jpg (535x350, 20K)

>99% of the userbase blocks ads
you really overestimate the intelligence of the average Jow Forums user

Jow Forums subsidizes the entire site with retards who both don't use adblock and actually click on ads.
Passes are so cheap (and yet few get them) they can't do much on their own.

most tech illiterates use both uBlock0 + whatever ad blocker they were already used to, which adds significantly more CPU/memory overhead but they still are using something

most tech illiterates dont use an ad blocker at all

>Jow Forums
>make money

Attached: 1528625693540.jpg (640x479, 62K)

This. Huge amount of Jow Forums userbase is from mobile sessions. aka iphone retards

/thread
As a bonus, I'd pay for entertainment, but then again the standards are too low.

What do they take?

>Jow Forums passes have to be purchased with ShitCoin
Just looked it up. Turns out its true. Why is this? I'd think Hiroshimoot would have at least one legit payment method for buying a pass.

ShitCoin
Jow Forums.org/pass

What the fuck did hiroshimoot do now do ruin that small stream of revenue?

Seriously, if all he did was just keep Peter Payne happy and stop trying to kick the paranoid beehive that's Jow Forums with convoluted obfuscated ways to sneak in ads, he's probably get about 10% of the user base to actually turn off their ad blockers. It's better than the likely zero percent he has now.

>Why is this?
Payment provider most likely decided they don't want to be associated with this shithole. It was quite recent as I renewed my good goy pass 2 a month ago and it worked.

IIRC Jow Forums used the same payment provider who ditched cock.li back then.

crypto miners

Talking about ads, did that jew hiro add ads in the MIDDLE of threads now? There are large empty spaces randomly in my threads now

what was wrong with cock.li

Ads and data mining.

here I thought Hiromoot couldn't get any worse

Attached: 1478326550976.png (355x541, 179K)

Nobody will process the card transactions because we're on the wrong side of history for having opinions, apparently.

>not paying with crypto
>linking your real name and payment details to all the shit you post here
lmao ISHYGDDT

idk, vc used it for the VPS service he operates. But I guess the previous scandals when a mass murderer or some other asshat used cock.li to send emails had to so something with it.

Ads. There's tons of phone posters on Jow Forums that don't adblock.

I'd bet easily half of all mass shooters have a gmail. Why is there no fuss there?

There's plenty of people who either use no adblock or whatever someone else installs for them. I've installed ublock origin on two people's computers the last month, both were all amazed that "you can watch youtube videos without ads?" they wanted to show me some stupid video and there were ads in the beginning, something I'm not used to so I asked why do you have that? I'm guessing there's a lot of people not using adblock here. how much revenue that generates.. not sure, I am guessing Jow Forums doesn't get very high-quality advertisers

It is worth paying attention to what is going on with payment processors and censorship. It's not just Jow Forums and wikileaks and sites like that who are cut off, it's very really common. You should stop and think about how you'd manage if you seemingly randomly get your bank account closed and credit cards terminated because you wrote some joke on facebook or twitter or something like that five years ago.

Jow Forums has 300 threads an hour, if half of those are phone posters at 5 cents a pop, then we have:
24(150*.05) dollars a day? 180, so it's like having a minimun wage job.

>I'd bet easily half of all mass shooters have a gmail. Why is there no fuss there?
It's obviously just excuses to shut down existing targets. Governments and corporations want X gone and then they declare X is bad because reasons. Mass shooters have all kinds of things, clothes, cars, computers, phones, websites and so on. And they probably visited all kinds of places, hotels, restaurants, stores and so on. Saying omg we need to close some website someone who did something bad visited is as stupid as saying "he was using an iphone, we must close Apple".

>Jow Forums
>make money

Attached: ourhero.jpg (727x689, 62K)

>implying

Attached: 1516811372950.png (723x316, 90K)

Who fucking cares. You’re an insecure little afraid faggot and if our identities get “leaked” then we can meet in person so I can call you an insecure little faggot right to your face.

>implying implications

Attached: top_moot.jpg (1804x976, 799K)

>he thinks data harvesters have to be profitable on their own

Attached: Screenshot_20181109-190408.png (1440x2560, 281K)

Jow Forums pass is the bst god damn thing you can get. $20 for a whole year of unlimited shitposting with no captcha, what more can you ask for?

they really don't accept credit cards anymore? damn I'm glad I got mine before I had to use shitcoins.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you proprietary slave? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Harvard, and I’ve been involved in numerous free software projects, and I have contributed to over 300 core-utils for GNU. I am skilled in Lisp and I’m St. IGNU-cius, saint of the Church of Emacs. You are nothing to me but just another unethical non-free software advocate. I will distribute the fuck out of your source code with freedom the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit about me and the GPL on the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my colleagues at FSF and your binaries are being reversed engineered right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your copyright. You're fucking dead, kid. Free software can be anywhere, anytime, and it can ensure your freedom in over four ways, and that’s just with the GPLv2. Not only am I extensively skilled at hacking, but I have access to the source of the entire GNU userland and core-utils and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable proprietary code off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what ethical retribution your little “clever” program was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have ensured your users' freedom. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit free as in freedom all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

And what are you gonna do when it expires?

our agent was successful then

It's expiring in 10-11 months, so I guess they'll have readded credit cards by then

Jow Forums is where most of the userbase is, you'd be surprised about how dumb they are.

>yeah no

It doesn't. moot admitted once that Jow Forums made almost nothing and was more trouble than it was worth to maintain.

That was moot, Hiroshima has no qualms about collecting and selling user data.

Attached: 1477241713901.png (1402x3000, 1.65M)

There's a difference between a using personal service, and being part of a public community that pushes violent agendas. Hard to believe people this dense browse Jow Forums.

You have standards?

Gmail is literally a large part of the Google+ community. Which has about as much of a common identity or agenda as Jow Forums.

Any economic entity associated with USD is going to become a joke in the future. Hiroshimoot is a smart businessman.

Jow Forums is full of retarded boomers who can't even set up adblock
and guess which board is the one with the largest userbase?
also the reason why Jow Forums hasn't been deleted yet even though it's something hiroshimoot would do in seconds is because it's the board bringing in the largest ad revenue

Attached: 1541555138895.jpg (780x846, 53K)

>t. vlad

Well Hiroshimoot made his money by being a millionaire so we've got at least another 25 years and moot got a million hirobucks once he sold out. I Honestly don't see why Hiro doesn't sell our data. It's probably more valuable than Reddit since the average user is probably 5 IQ points higher than average.

>Infamous master shitposter
Was this supposed to make me hate him or want to buy him a beer?

the Japanese think Jow Forums users are some wild boys huh

You vastly, vastly overestimate the intellect of the average Jow Forums poster.

If it really didn't make anything it wouldn't exist.

>It's probably more valuable than Reddit since the average user is probably 5 IQ points higher than average.
yeah, a bunch of socially anxious, ugly dweebs hav higher iq. sure.
iq is correlated with good genetics. good genetics are correlated with good looks and social success. guess what the typical manga watching 4turd doesn't have ...

>tfw too smart to use reddit

I install ublock on any tech illiterate persons computer I use as my good deed for the day :)

>t. FBI, NSA, CIA

Right. remember the malicious ads on Jow Forums fiasco that broke CSS not that long ago?
People swept in to Jow Forums from other boards and even Jow Forums users kept threads about it for up days.