Beside code monkey, what other job options do I have after I finish my CS degree?

Beside code monkey, what other job options do I have after I finish my CS degree?

Attached: 1495198062451.jpg (284x284, 14K)

You go into graduate-level work after you come to the realization that you're in the hole for 50 grand, can't find a job and they dont make you pay if you're still in school.

I need a maid

W-where do you live?

Graduate School CS is some stupid shit. LMAO by the time you get out of the system you'll be so fucking behind what industry actually does. You'll have to get "graduate engineer" job which gets paid 60% for around 12 months because "training." DON'T GO TO GRADUATE SCHOOL FOR CS. A bachelor's is enough to hop into competitive companies if you got the skills. And you learn real shit from working.

HR consultant.

some large companies in the US will also pay for your grad school while you work there if you dont suck and still want to do grad school for some reason

Depends on what you actually learned in your cs program. My company hires lots of cs and ee grads. We build microwave equipment. Lots of programming, but also rf engineering, production engineering, etc. I'm amazed at how many ee we interview who don't understand shit about electricity/rf. And cs grads who think JavaScript solves everything.

how good is your data analysis skill, and your ability to explain difficult mathematical concepts to lay-persons

helldesk

>tfw about to go for comp science major in a couple of months
>this thread is making me feel like changing to information systems or something now
i just wanna have a well-paying desk job.

Attached: 1529099963270.png (667x670, 325K)

If you're not interested in programming already you shouldn't go into CS. Regardless, you should have some idea of what you would like to do - an IS degree is very broad.

network security or database management sounds the most appealing to me. i don't want to be a creator so much as I want to be someone who maintains things or keeps them organized.

>cs
none

>not trying to goal post to only work from home
Idiot

Can't comment on DB management, but I work in Security and I can tell you its a good field.

1.create websites about your hobbies and write articles
2.use adsense and affiliate programs
3.ban all users with adblocker, DO NOT use that "please disable..." bullshit
4. profit

Well, could you tell me what the day to day is like for such a job, and any advice on what to do or know to get one? i want to make sure my time studying doesn't go to waste.

0. go back to 2005

Depends on what you're doing, I don't work in "Network Security". If you're getting started in Security you'll most likely be working as Security-oriented administrator that grants/reviews access requests to servers, apps, audits, etc or a SOC analyst that reviews and fine-tunes alerts coming in through SIEM.

Pick up some security-oriented certs and PowerShell experience. CEH is a stupid cert, but HR people drool over it.

this unironically

Hrt, kneesocks, cosplay gear, twitch and patron account , and blue yeti

boom, I just made you 5k +donations per month business model. Drop me an email after 12weeks of hrt

>only 50 grand of debt after undergrad and graduate school
Don't do this. Go to a good University if you actually want to make money.