What's your workflow and your experience working in a company as a codemonkey Jow Forums?

What's your workflow and your experience working in a company as a codemonkey Jow Forums?

I used to be a freelancer, get shit done and move on to the next project, i used to love coding, but ever since i started working in a company as a full time dev around a year ago its been a nightmare.
I keep getting complains from some coworkers (never from the project manager or the owner) about how my code is not understandable, pretty or compatible with their own code or the way they think and so they blame me they have to do all over again what I've done to dont break their own code

Am i wrong here ? Why the fuck should i make things pretty or care about anything more than making things work by any mean necessary

Attached: Manul.jpg (737x612, 105K)

maybe try putting yourself into the shoes of other people, start there

try toilet cleaner job

When working with other people you want your code to be as clear and readable as possible. Better to spend an hour writing something good than a minute hacking shit together.

Yeah but why i aint getting paid to sympathise with people and if i was i should have a raise, is this seriously the absolute state of Jow Forums in 2018 full of basedboys sucking eachothers dick

>job requires your code to be easily integrated with others' code
>"i aint getting paid to sympathise with people"

You'll be fired soon and then you won't be getting paid for anything :)

they are sympathising with you because apparently you are too unprofessional and too incompetent to understand the value of clean, documented code. Be happy that they havent reported you yet because it will start to stink soon

Follow the fucking standards you sperg

Look buddy, 50% of the reason why you are writing in a high level lang is so others (including you after a year) can read your shit in the first place. You should have known that when you became a code monger in the first place, so or

I WANT TO PET THE CAT

>you'll be fired soon
Leeching off social gibs and freelancing on the side would literally double my salary wouldn't mind getting fired desu

I do understand the value of a clean documented code, but thats a pretty subjective topic, i could see as clean code something that looks like shit to someone else, or the opposite, to make something like that work the company should have a documentation about what clean code should look like and theres not currently something like that so you have to live guessing whats on their fucking mind all the time and pray they like your code.

if everyone is the asshole maybe you're the asshole
sounds like you think you'll be better off without them so why not just quit?

Yeah i guess teamworking isnt for me, im to much of a sociopath, i accepted the job to experience the company life and it sucks I'd go back to freelancing but quitters have no right to social gibs you have to be fired to get them over here, and why would i ever turn down practically free money from social gibs

Disregarding the welfare bit because I don't know how they do it in India, but if you can double your current salary by freelancing and getting welfare, why don't you just freelance and make like 1.5x your salary? I mean unless you just made that up...

>india
I'm western european m8 and read this

Yes you are wrong here

You are an idiot just do what they say

Post an example of your code

i get randomly assigned to fix things on an legacy code base from the late 90s. the code is completely fucked with half assed object orientation and mutatable state everywhere

I am actively encouraged to make the minimal changes needed to directly fix the bug in question, which is almost never the proper solution.

In other words, I take tiny dumps all day and craft them by hand onto an ever growing rotting pile of shit.

Ugly code does not break their code, there has to be more to this. Are they plain lying or is there incompatibilities? And why is the software architect not involved?

Attached: PallasCat.gif (400x335, 3.76M)

> thats a pretty subjective topic,
> clean code something that looks like shit to someone else
> should have a documentation about what clean code should look like
> you have to live guessing whats on their fucking mind all the time
> and pray they like your code

Based on that, You have NEVER in your entire life seen good readable code. You do not even have enough experience to have Your own opinion on what is readable and what is not. You do not know industry well enough to provide examples of good rules and antypatterns. You want a documentation, which means that working with any dynamic team is above your skill level.

Your coworkers are right.

>this is good
>this is bad
>no is not entirely subjective if you disagree youre bad

Part of working at a company with other people is to sympathize with them.

Which is part of the reason why I don't.

>You do not even have enough experience to have Your own opinion on what is readable and what is not.
Not him, but I disagree with that assessment. I've seen several different projects which are considered good and readable by their respective owners, but I agree with them to wildly differing levels. Some of them are really nice and make me want to emulate them, others look like utter shit. So it is clearly pretty subjective.